Universal Great Britain | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think, overall, it's a good mandate from both a financial and creative perspective. It could bring some clones from the Asian parks closer to home (like Jurassic World Adventure or, if one lets a man dream, Space Fantasy), and provide unique attractions for certain IPS that many have accused of being relegated to the domain of S-C-R-E-E-N-Z (like Fast or Minions).

The location and existing creative limitations could also give Universal the opportunity to make rides they've clearly wanted to make, but never had the chance to, like experiences involving Willy Wonka (Toothsome), James Bond (Bourne), or Lord of the Rings.

Last edited:
It would be really cool if they did some sort of Doctor Who ride/land for this park tbh. I don't know if it would be possible but I hope it happens
doctor who GIF

Reactions: LieutLaww
I think, overall, it's a good mandate from both a financial and creative perspective. It could bring some clones from the Asian parks closer to home (like Jurassic World Adventure or, if one lets a man dream, Space Fantasy), and provide unique attractions for certain IPS that many have accused of being relegated to the domain of S-C-R-E-E-N-Z (like Fast or Minions).

The location and existing creative limitations could also give Universal the opportunity to make rides they've clearly wanted to make, but never had the chance to, like experiences involving Willy Wonka (Toothsome), James Bond (Bourne), or Lord of the Rings.
Willy Wonka and Jurassic World Adventure would be enough for me to want to go.

Land bought and all the other things, I guess this will happen and I'm very ff-ing happy about it. Just a short flight to London from the Netherlands and I'm there. Add in a nice show or two in Soho and I have a week long blast with non of the exhausting traveling. And if there are no doubles Orlando will still a once in a while park to pack in some new rides very 5 or so years.

A couple of years ago the thought was that Universal could eat into Disney's market share by a few percentage points, and that's it. I guess Comcast Execs. paid no heed to that concept. Sounds like they're in a full compete 'worldwide' mode. Comcast is like their Jaws ride, and they smell blood. Feeding frenzy at the turn of this decade. I'm guessing maybe another Asian park,( another Japan location, India, S. Korea.Thailand), is lurking out there.

A couple of years ago the thought was that Universal could eat into Disney's market share by a few percentage points, and that's it. I guess Comcast Execs. paid no heed to that concept. Sounds like they're in a full compete 'worldwide' mode. Comcast is like their Jaws ride, and they smell blood. Feeding frenzy at the turn of this decade. I'm guessing maybe another Asian park,( another Japan location, India, S. Korea.Thailand), is lurking out there.
They're probably begging for more space in Japan given the absurd attendance they see there.

Reactions: Jake S
Well this is fascinating.

Hard to tell much beyond the gorgeous globe as the icon.

However, I see Jurassic World, and maybe top left ish is LOTR.

For context, @aalllllyyyyyy and @TheMainStreetNews joint posted that and said it was from an internal presentation and not fan made. They also stated that "the concept art is, at least, 11 months old and probably isn’t up-to-date". Whether any of that is true, /shrug.

Anyhow, Hollywood Bowl, a Hulk esque coaster, and Starfall Racers seem like the most recognizable things at first along with a possible Jurassic World land. Not sure I'd put too much stock in any of these being permanent/anything other than placeholders this early on.

Regardless, this has been the past 3 weeks lol:

ron burgundy GIF

Last edited:
Reactions: Nico