Universal Great Britain | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Assuming Universal buys WB, which if they did would likely be well before this park breaks ground (negotiations would start in April 2024 at the earliest) this would become moot and they could move full steam ahead with Potter. With talks of Potter being rebooted on Max, It's entirely possible that any Potter land could be radically different than any of the current lands at Universal. Epic Universe included.
I believe JKR has half the say on how and where the IP can and would be licensed, as she owns the characters themselves. So, even if Comcast were to purchase WB, they would still require her approval for park additions.

Assuming Universal buys WB, which if they did would likely be well before this park breaks ground (negotiations would start in April 2024 at the earliest) this would become moot and they could move full steam ahead with Potter. With talks of Potter being rebooted on Max, It's entirely possible that any Potter land could be radically different than any of the current lands at Universal. Epic Universe included.
This is six levels of Bluesky and not what we’re doing with this thread. General rule, if your post starts with Comcast buying another studio in order to make your ultimate point, that is not within current reality. Please refrain from doing this.

I don't know why, the cynic in me believes this is all a rouse created to benefit Universal to acquire the best government incentives. Kind of how back when Euro Disneyland was under consideration, they basically put Spain and France at war with each other over economic advantages.

Have the UK and Spain compete against each other to figure out who wants it more lol

That, or Universal is very serious in entering both markets with resorts and their kids/HHN attractions.

I don't know why, the cynic in me believes this is all a rouse created to benefit Universal to acquire the best government incentives. Kind of how back when Euro Disneyland was under consideration, they basically put Spain and France at war with each other over economic advantages.

Have the UK and Spain compete against each other to figure out who wants it more lol

That, or Universal is very serious in entering both markets with resorts and their kids/HHN attractions.
PortAventura sounds like it could easily be rebranded into a kids park. The UK park would obviously be the flagship Universal park of the region.

These small sized satellite style theme parks, Vegas and Texas, may end up being the direction Universal wants to move in markets not named Orlando, Hollywood, Osaka, Beijing. Less expensive and less need for large attendance. Boutique parks for areas that don't necessarily have the potential to support a full sized theme park.

These small sized satellite style theme parks, Vegas and Texas, may end up being the direction Universal wants to move in markets not named Orlando, Hollywood, Osaka, Beijing. Less expensive and less need for large attendance. Boutique parks for areas that don't necessarily have the potential to support a full sized theme park.

Sounds like the move. Doubt they want to deter visitors from the UK from visiting Orlando. I can't imagine UOR will be happy losing attendance from the UK if they build something Potter-related in Spain or London.

Sounds like the move. Doubt they want to deter visitors from the UK from visiting Orlando. I can't imagine UOR will be happy losing attendance from the UK if they build something Potter-related in Spain or London.
The number of UK tourists coming to Orlando are much more significant than most people realize-- building something smaller in the UK or in Europe would potentially help them more than building a full park.

So far, smaller parks seems to be a stateside test. I could see more popping up around the world, but they're certainly waiting to see if they're even profitable here first. It could be decades before we see movement with them elsewhere...

Big parks however, are a proven product for the company.

Would it be a ridiculous stretch to say this could be why our parks seem to be getting a fair amount of atttention at the moment?

Merlin seems to be investing quite heavily at the moment with multiple projects at each park, I know we have had the pandemic delay but it feels a little out of character.

EDIT: This pulled me right out the woodwork :lol:

Would it be a ridiculous stretch to say this could be why our parks seem to be getting a fair amount of atttention at the moment?

Merlin seems to be investing quite heavily at the moment with multiple projects at each park, I know we have had the pandemic delay but it feels a little out of character.

EDIT: This pulled me right out the woodwork :lol:
Welcome to the bend! XD

Reactions: Tbad556 and BBPH
Dubai next?!
image.png