Universal Great Britain | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
totally fair! I was thinking somewhere with either a large-ish airport (Manchester/Liverpool) or a reasonable train trip away (Newcastle) but I'll admit that's giving more weight to areas needing rejuvenation (perhaps that excludes Manchester at this point) than easily accessible location.

I think it also depends who they're primarily building this park for. is it the English? others in Western Europe? I assume that would affect their calculus when it comes to finding a site.

selfishly I hope they put it near Brighton — not because I have a free place to stay and the weather is good but, uh, not not because of that.

Yall naming places I only know from the flipping letters signs at Kings Cross Station at Universal Studios Florida lol

This is where I miss the Inside Universal podcast.

@Brian G. should bring the gang back together for another game of real or fake with British towns.

For your consideration:

Hey, I came here expecting some concrete proof yet it seems you've glossed over the one person discussing that. What happened?

Comcast specifically purchased over 200 acres and had to legally talk about it in their last earnings call.
Where exactly can I find that info? Because I can't seem to find it in the transcripts of both the Morgan Stanley conference and the last earnings call

Attachments

• CMCSA-USQ_Transcript_2023-10-26.pdf
    164 KB · Views: 6
  • CMCSA-USQ_Transcript_2023-11-16 (1).pdf
    152.3 KB · Views: 3
Hey, I came here expecting some concrete proof yet it seems you've glossed over the one person discussing that. What happened?
Because the only person who has made a definitive statement about this project's existence (@Tomfoolery) is someone we know and trust. Otherwise, I think most of us are speculating with the understanding that we absolutely do not know if this is at all real.

"as well as $271 million associated with the acquisition of land for potential theme park expansion opportunities."

And where exactly does that say that such land is located in the United Kingdom?
Last time I checked they were pretty fond of £, not $. Perhaps the new park could be in Australia instead?

Edit: I'm sorry to be the one to break the news, but the L in NVUL Corp stands for Limited. It's the corporation that manages both NVU Las Vegas and Frisco. The 'Limited" just means, and I'm paraphrasing Investopedia here, " a general form of incorporation that limits the amount of liability undertaken by the company's shareholders."

Furthermore, every Universal Venture company I could find in the UK database has nothing to do with theme parks or even entertainment. Even if the L in NVUL meant London, the company couldn't have purchased any land in the UK as it has only been registered in Delaware, USA.

Last edited:
Because the only person who has made a definitive statement about this project's existence (@Tomfoolery) is someone we know and trust. Otherwise, I think most of us are speculating with the understanding that we absolutely do not know if this is at all real.
Then, why would nobody check the validity of the facts stated in this discussion? Specially when some have proven to be easily contrastable fabrications?

Last edited:
I still worry that discussing this this early could jeopardize the project. I just don’t want to see it become an ITM story in the morning and get picked up by the trades before it has a chance to breathe.

But yes, very exciting possibility.
I can also confirm that from what I've heard, this project is very very early on. Outside of maybe the land purchases that I'm seeing on this thread here, nothing has been finalized, which has me thinking this maybe shouldn't have been broken so soon. They are not nearly close to making an announcement, and I have heard that even within in-house Universal IP, nothing has been finalized. I will admit though, it's all incredibly exciting and very fun to speculate about, especially with the non-Universal IP that may or may not come to the park :eyes:.

i did it was great, love the man's work
Sagrada Familia isn't actually his work though, as most of the blueprints were burned in a fire back in July 1936. They've tried to recreate the plans, but arent exactly 100% how he envisioned the building.

If you like Gaudi architecture, I would suggest you visit Parc Güell instead, as he actually did all the work there. Gorgeous views of the city, definitely worth the time.

Sagrada Familia isn't actually his work though, as most of the blueprints were burned in a fire back in July 1936. They've tried to recreate the plans, but arent exactly 100% how he envisioned the building.

If you like Gaudi architecture, I would suggest you visit Parc Güell instead, as he actually did all the work there. Gorgeous views of the city, definitely worth the time.

Sagrada Familia is a tourist spot (or a mega church as they say in the US) tbh lol i went around the city to see his other stuff too and loved it.

Reactions: Dan Cooper