Universal Great Britain | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
image.png
Puts the EU construction to shame. What an amazing theme park :love:

• Haha
Reactions: grlhowl
Hey everyone, I'm a complete newbie here so wanted to start by saying hi.

I have just one question, where did these UK Universal rumours come from? The NVUL name? It just seems a bit odd to speculate all this around just that one thing...

Reactions: belloq87
Hey everyone, I'm a complete newbie here so wanted to start by saying hi.

I have just one question, where did these UK Universal rumours come from? The NVUL name? It just seems a bit odd to speculate all this around just that one thing...
Welcome! The first post does a solid job of summing it up, but basically:

- @Tomfoolery is a very trusted insider who broke the scoop yesterday
- Comcast financial reportings seem to coincide with this rumor via the NVUL listing and the land purchase listing mentioned one page back
- Other insiders have also since reported hearing similar things

- Comcast financial reportings seem to coincide with this rumor via the NVUL listing and the land purchase listing mentioned one page back
Just want to say that the land acquisition isn't necessarily tied to London, just wanted to highlight that Universal seems to be moving much faster for some unknown project than expected.

Thank you for the explanation.

The $271 million land acquisition is what you're talking about, I take it. While those two could be connected, it seems a little "too much" connecting them, for me at least. That could be for anything, anywhere! For all we know, it could even be several smaller purchases!

I do have a follow up question, I take it the Frisco land has been purchased by NBCU/ Comcast already, right? Also, if it were the for the London resort, wouldn't that need to be reported publicly on the date of sale?

If this is true, the likelihood of this park gaining approval anywhere inside Greater London diminishes exponentially thanks mostly to NIMBYism and competition the closer you are to the actual city, and Universal knows this. As I said in the other thread, if they are willing to make investment in the UK of £3-4BN , this government or the next will back it. So start thinking outside the box of where it might go.
To summarise, please refrain from calling it "The London Resort" ;)

Thank you for the explanation.

The $271 million land acquisition is what you're talking about, I take it. While those two could be connected, it seems a little "too much" connecting them, for me at least. That could be for anything, anywhere! For all we know, it could even be several smaller purchases!

I do have a follow up question, I take it the Frisco land has been purchased by NBCU/ Comcast already, right? Also, if it were the for the London resort, wouldn't that need to be reported publicly on the date of sale?
I think it has to be communicated to investors at conclusion of earnings quarter, which is what this was.

I do have a follow up question, I take it the Frisco land has been purchased by NBCU/ Comcast already, right?
Indeed.

They stated in the press release in January that they had "97 acres of land recently purchased by the company"

The parcel of land blueprint can be found here with a December 2022 date:

Last edited:
Reactions: UER and Dalt Wisney
I think it has to be communicated to investors at conclusion of earnings quarter, which is what this was.
You're talking about the second question right? I was actually thinking about UK government wise, not Comcast wise. If they bought that huge amount of land, it had to been reported somewhere by now, no? I'm no expert in land laws in the UK by any means, but it would seem logical for me...

They stated in the press release in January that they had "97 acres of land recently purchased by the company"
Well then that's out! Good to know.

Indeed.

The parcel of land blueprint can be found here with a December 2022 purchase date:

The Frisco deed was recorded and effective on December 22, 2022:
Document Preview

Reactions: Tbad556
You're talking about the second question right? I was actually thinking about UK government wise, not Comcast wise. If they bought that huge amount of land, it had to been reported somewhere by now, no? I'm no expert in land laws in the UK by any means, but it would seem logical for me...

Well then that's out! Good to know.
Nope, nothing will need to be declared until they seek planning permission, the UK is a lot bigger than some think millions of acres of green belt land, its very different to buying a few thousand acres of land in a built up city like Orlando

If this is true, the likelihood of this park gaining approval anywhere inside Greater London diminishes exponentially thanks mostly to NIMBYism and competition the closer you are to the actual city, and Universal knows this. As I said in the other thread, if they are willing to make investment in the UK of £3-4BN , this government or the next will back it. So start thinking outside the box of where it might go.
To summarise, please refrain from calling it "The London Resort" ;)
That name doesn't really bring happy thoughts lol.

But so, if not in London, wouldn't that completely destroy this rumour?

Also, something is strange with the name of it "NVUL":
- The Frisco company is called "NVU - Texas LLC"
- The Vegas company is called "NVU - Vegas LLC"

but the "London (not resort)" one is called NVUL Corp, could it be New Ventures Universal Limited? To be the mother company of all the new ventures? This just a theory though....

I'm just trying to make sense of things, sorry if I sound a bit against it, really not.

Reactions: Nico
That name doesn't really bring happy thoughts lol.

But so, if not in London, wouldn't that completely destroy this rumour?

but the "London (not resort)" one is called NVUL Corp, could it be New Ventures Universal Limited? To be the mother company of all the new ventures? This just a theory though....

I'm just trying to make sense of things, sorry if I sound a bit against it, really not.
I used to work at "London Stansted Airport" its 30 miles from the City of London, you can be a bit loose with whats considered london, also no proof the L means that

EDIT:
This is what i mean by Greater London, admittedly the London Resort was trying to be built just east of M25, but only morons try to build things in Estruaries (Boris)
greater-london-road-and-administrative-map-FJCKDJ.jpg

Last edited:
As long as Comcast is reporting numbers correctly, they can be very vague with their numbers as to what was specifically purchased. With Epic Universe under construction, it's pretty difficult to get a grasp on how much they're investing into their parks division as it seems like each quarter CapEx increases by a ridiculous amount and they're just labeling EU as the main driver of it. Q3 was the first time they acknowledged a sale.

Looking back at Q4 2022, nothing is mentioned regarding Frisco.

I used to work at "London Stansted Airport" its 30 miles from the City of London, you can be a bit loose with whats considered london, also no proof the L means that

EDIT:
This is what i mean by Greater London, admittedly the London Resort was trying to be built just east of M25, but only morons try to build things in Estruaries (Boris)
greater-london-road-and-administrative-map-FJCKDJ.jpg

Well that does put things in another light, but what about the name stuff?

The name started most of this talk, if it's completely different to the other showcased examples, it doesn't seem like there's a lot backing this, except for the words of someone with a good record history, which could mean more than any kind of wording. But still, well, yeah...

I think @tommyhawkins hit the nail on the head in the other thread:
If Universal are smart, they will chose a nice greenfield site surrounded by very little maybe a few farm houses that wont be affected by a major themepark resort, with infrastructure (trains and major roads) links to major cities and a town closeby that needs some regeneration and a county council that is very much looking for major investment and significant jobs, who would be happy to greenlight the project. This location would have to be far enough away from any of the bigger Merlin Parks so they have very little leverage in stopping the park being built. So basically, 70% of the entire country is in the running, the mistake would be to try and build it inside the London M25 corridor......or anywhere East of Thames Barrier
there are a few large metro areas in England that would be very happy to see a project of this scale built. London is, to put it mildly, not one of them. pure guess on my part, but I'd imagine somewhere further north is most likely — if any of this England smoke comes from an actual fire, of course.

but the "London (not resort)" one is called NVUL Corp, could it be New Ventures Universal Limited? To be the mother company of all the new ventures? This just a theory though....I'd love to have an answer for this, no one finds it odd?

I must say that a park in the UK would make sense and I'd love to have the pre-shows in English. I do wonder about the scope of the resort, huge one like Beijing?

I think @tommyhawkins hit the nail on the head in the other thread:

there are a few large metro areas in England that would be very happy to see a project of this scale built. London is, to put it mildly, not one of them. pure guess on my part, but I'd imagine somewhere further north is most likely — if any of this England smoke comes from an actual fire, of course.
Personally I would put it somewhere south of Birmingham, the most central location in UK. so people from the north have the same journey time as those in the south.

However, the fact is UK only has regional parks, where for the most part people drive to and back in one day, yes Towers might have a 1-2 night stay but for the most part the country has never had a destination resort that models the Orlando parks in length of stay and slightly longer travel time. so I guess im saying location is a moot point, despite the solid points you made Jake

Wondering on this, but perhaps Birmingham? Could’ve sworn there was speculation of a large amount of land purchasing near the NEC a while back.

Edit: just saw TommyHawkins post, xD.

Reactions: Jake S