Transformers: The Ride - 3D | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - 3D

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^ haha! ;)

99% of the time they've been great and very courtesy and in character. All the team members were especially cool when I had to be evacuated off the ride once. I talked praise of them in GR.

We had one issue a few years back when a nasty Transformers team member verbally harassed my little sister repeatedly even after we told him to stop multiple times and he told her to go kill herself.

He is no longer with the company.

(Our situation was a billion times worse than the few teen girls recently who had an issue during HHN)

Beyond that, they've actually been great. Although I'll admit, sometimes I feel like they're a bit too much in character during the loading process. Most of the time their "military-like" yelling is cool and all, but sometimes I've witnessed the team members give some attitude if guests didn't load fast enough or don't have the strength to lift the safety bar.

^ haha! ;)

99% of the time they've been great and very courtesy and in character. All the team members were especially cool when I had to be evacuated off the ride once. I talked praise of them in GR.

We had one issue a few years back when a nasty Transformers team member verbally harassed my little sister repeatedly even after we told him to stop multiple times and he told her to go kill herself.

(Our situation was a billion times worse than the few teen girls recently who had an issue during HHN)

Beyond that, they've actually been great. Although I'll admit, sometimes I feel like they're a bit too much in character during the loading process. Most of the time their "military-like" yelling is cool and all, but sometimes I've witnessed the team members give some attitude if guests didn't load fast enough or don't have the strength to lift the safety bar.
Wow. What a creep. :/ In my experience, they just heighten their intensity with the shoutings, no attitude.
I'm the only one in the ride vehicle who ever pulls and pushes on that damn lap bar, even when the team members tell us to do so. Pay attention, people!
Lol same here!

Last edited by a moderator:
^ haha! ;)

That sucks man! I agree with your HHN thing. Those teen girls knowingly went to an adult event. They should've acted like adults. It's too bad that Universal had to watch their reputation. But no matter, it's over. Hope nothing like that happens again. 

I have never had a bad experience in Transformers. They have always treated me well. Once in a birthday (don't remember if it was mine or someone else's) they let us in the front of the line line. When the ultra major breakdown happened every single person was awesome. They treated us in a way that made Disneyland jealous (and this is no joke. It kind of hurt the pride of people working in Disneyland when I made this comment to someone in a visit when everything was going wrong) It was a great experience to see how everyone stepped up and rose to the ocassion. They all looked weary, but they made us feel comfortable...

I have never had a bad experience in Transformers. They have always treated me well. Once in a birthday (don't remember if it was mine or someone else's) they let us in the front of the line line. When the ultra major breakdown happened every single person was awesome. They treated us in a way that made Disneyland jealous (and this is no joke. It kind of hurt the pride of people working in Disneyland when I made this comment to someone in a visit when everything was going wrong) It was a great experience to see how everyone stepped up and rose to the ocassion. They all looked weary, but they made us feel comfortable...
Same never had a bad experience, I went on my bday but forgot to get the pin, could've possible gotten FoTL :/

The likely reason for this is because NEST crew members are told explicitly that only guests can technically pull down the lap bars. For safety reasons they aren't allowed to do it unless they are no guests seated in that row. Of course they do this anyways because nobody wants to wait for a bunch of internationals to finally get a clue.

This is countered with the double standard of power hours, when the team (cough cough management cough cough) is pushing for a high capacity rate. When TF opened in Orlando in 2013, it set a feud between the two attractions for capacity counts and really just starting breaking people. (it's one of the reasons why I don't work there anymore) Honestly, capacity is something you can push really hard for and if you're lucky and daring enough you'll do it. But you'll also have to forgo every safety standard in the book because PEOPLE DO NOT WORK THAT WAY. (especially tourists) Regardless, management does not care. Thus, you have people screaming in your face for you to get your patatootie in the vehicle and slam that lap bar down in under 10 seconds so they can dispatch so that it hits the OCC 400 buffer, meaning that the ride is working in perfect synch. 

Transformers is no Pirates but it isn't Luigi's Flying Tires either. The general good capacity on a busy day to hit is 1800, and it has a breaking point of 1923 (I think? it's been awhile)... this was back when TF was USH's golden child. It's different nowadays. That said, Disneyland CMs were notorious to being jealous of how well themed we all maintained to be. It's somewhat still there from my few times I've visited, but the glory days were back in 2012. 

I should talk about that sometime.

The bulb is most likely burned out in the blue part of the RGB spectrum so they'll most likely try to wait as long as they can before replacing it since it's extremely pricey.

The bulb is most likely burned out in the blue part of the RGB spectrum so they'll most likely try to wait as long as they can before replacing it since it's extremely pricey.
These are DLP projectors, so there aren't dedicated bulbs for each color spectrum. The problem can usually be attributed to the color wheel or the connection leading to the projector.

Either way, replacing the bulb isn't going to fix the issue.

Is it just me... but does the whole queue portion gets hot ass he'll when it's crowded? ???
I've been in the queue during an 80 min wait. It doesn't get that hot. In fact, i'd say its hella cold. They crank the air conditioning full blast. Thats unless if your in the outside queue of course.

Love the queue inside, outside.. It can get really hot. On a side note, does anyone know what they create that all spark vibration effect with? It sounds amazing and shakes the whole room.

Sorry if I had to ask, but when exactly did they add glass coverings to the circular hole decorations on the walls? I thought my first time I went people were sticking coins in them so may be why?