Toothsome Chocolate Emporium | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is Toothsome still crazy busy all the time or does it slow down during the year ? And any non milkshake recommendations food wise ?

Is Toothsome still crazy busy all the time or does it slow down during the year ? And any non milkshake recommendations food wise ?
We stopped in during our time in early May on a Tuesday, which is off season for the most part, slow to moderate park crowds. But Toothsome was packed. Wait was 35-40 minutes, not bad, but not walk up either. We ate there 7 ish. All tables were filled.

Reactions: Teebin
I had great apps, truffle fries and philly rolls. Both are very good. I was stuffed so not sure if I would want a full meal unless I was very hungry and to put a shake on top of that?

Reactions: Mad Dog
Thanks ! Any ideas what Toothsome will be like beginning of Oct as that is when I will be there ?
I was in the park last October, but didn't go since the lines were too long, probably because of it just opening around then. I would guess it will be similar to the waits we encountered in May, since the theme park daytime crowds are about the same crowd level in Oct. as May, except for the Columbus Day holiday three day weekend crowds that get pretty busy since so many schools have Fall breaks now.

Been here 3x in the last week. lol. One milkshake counter, no wait. 2x for diner around 4:30, no wait. Professor Doctor Penelope and Jacque are awesome, and both claim that a hotdog is indeed a sandwich.

Ha they answer anything and discuss it as if were a serious subject.

Can't recommend this enough.

Finally starting to do some preliminary planning for my next Orlando trip!

Is there any reason to do counter-service at Toothsome or should I really experience it as a sit-down meal? Is it worth it just to stop by and take a look inside? I feel invested in this place after a 70 page thread, but there's a long list of places higher on my priority list to eat at.

Finally starting to do some preliminary planning for my next Orlando trip!

Is there any reason to do counter-service at Toothsome or should I really experience it as a sit-down meal? Is it worth it just to stop by and take a look inside? I feel invested in this place after a 70 page thread, but there's a long list of places higher on my priority list to eat at.

Have a meal!

I like the food there, that and the mocha old fashion. I'm not that big on the shakes (and deserts are more of an occasional thing).

My family does go for the sweets though. I'm not sure why though, I mean the meals I've had there have too big of portions for me to finish, I couldn't imagine a shake with it...plus the wife always needs the Tater tot appetizer...great stuff, large portions (at least the last time I was there.

We got milkshakes on their own, and couldn't even finish those w/o a meal. After a while, we nursed them while walking back to CBBR and still had some left over for breakfast the next day.

Reactions: amityboattours
Better ask for a take home box then, portions are substantial

yump.gif