Toothsome Chocolate Emporium | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I went around 5 last Friday and we got in with no wait! But they were beginning to gain a crowd so it's definitely a dinner rush that'll cause the wait.

I'll give my review with a precursor - I have an unknown stomach condition. It is difficult to prepare for because it is not consistent in what triggers it. I had taken an immodium that morning in preparation but I still ended up having an issue, and I am pretty sure it was caused by the rich food I ate here.

With that being said my boyfriend and I began with the chocolate almond bread. This was the perfect beginning to a meal at a Chocolate Factory and it is very good bread. I will advise that if you are looking for something that's not overtly sweet, I would try something else. However, with the sweet butter this bread was a very good appetizer!
My boyfriend got some kind of cheeseburger - he wasn't adventurous but he enjoyed it for sure!
I tried quiche lorraine and I am certain this is what caused my issue.
I had never tried gruyere before and I love quiche. It is usually fairly light on my stomach, and I must say this was a wonderful quiche. It was a light flavor and bacon combined with gruyere added a smokey flavor. It was very good and if I can I would love to try it again. I would recommend it to any friend.
The salad I got was small but good - I tried the citrus dressing, and that was an interesting flavor but it lacked a punch. It was different, and it was a good combination with the quiche. And the fruit was a nice way to top it all off!

I did not try a dessert this time, and that was probably a good thing in this instance. But the milkshakes really are very good and I'd love to try a different dessert the next time I went.

I had a GREAT meal here. Started with a chocolate old fashioned.. yum.. then started with the chocolate almond bread and the chocolate wings. All fantastic. Then for main, I tried that french toast burger. This was only alright as the burger patty left a lot to be desired but I did enjoy the rest of the components (although barely ate the french toast as I was pretty full at that point). I did leave some room for dessert and had the cinnamon fantasy shake.

All in all, absolutely loved my experience here and I'll definitely be bringing more friends here.

Reactions: Mad Dog
So is lunch a less crowded time to go then?

Not necessarily. For dinner, the easiest times to get in with little to no wait are early or late seatings (5pm or after 9pm).

Though the plus about it's location is you can walk up and if there's a decent wait, head into IOA and play while you wait for the text that your table's ready.

Reactions: Obi Ubamba
Oh! How could I forget to mention part of the reason this place is so cool!
The actors for Penelope and Jacques are a wonderful touch and I hope they keep them as long as the resturant is here. I had a conversation with Jacques and I feel like the story leaves open ends that could lead to fun events.
Overall they add a very engaging, fun touch to the place!

Yes! I took a pic with Penelope and Jacques. They were AWESOME. Penelope went from table to table too. I'm glad I read the story in the menu before she came by or else I might have been slightly confused (even though, thanks to here, I did understand there were some actors involved).

Reactions: Frogki
Review: The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen at Universal Orlando’s CityWalk | the disney food blog

Very interesting to see this blog heading to Universal. As far as I can tell it's their second time with a Universal review on the blog and their first Universal review by the blog itself.

It certainly shows the pulling power of Toothsome.
To be fair, before the recent city walk redo, there hasn't been many Uni sit downs worth reviewing.

Emeril's Orlando, Emeril's Tchoup Chop, Palm, and BiCE are all restaurants worth reviewing. They just don't have walk around characters so Disney fans have little interest.

Indeed they are all top notch and in line with or better than any of Disney's signatures. The only place universal cannot match is Victoria and Alberts, but I don't think anywhere will.

Talking restaurants @Disneyhead , you didn't do bad last night buddy, looks like you spent some $$$ but had a blast doing so, happy, albeit belated, birthday my friend.

Indeed they are all top notch and in line with or better than any of Disney's signatures. The only place universal cannot match is Victoria and Alberts, but I don't think anywhere will.

Talking restaurants @Disneyhead , you didn't do bad last night buddy, looks like you spent some $$$ but had a blast doing so, happy, albeit belated, birthday my friend.
My "Drinks Around The Universe Tour" was delightful.