Toothsome Chocolate Emporium | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is there any of the shakes/food that are a must try ? Intend to hit Toothsome when I am there in Oct so some suggestions would be handy :)

Quiche lorraine tasted wonderful, but was very rich. Same goes for the southern fried chicken BLT, and of course the desserts are generally something you can't mess up. That being said, the milkshakes are rather thin, albeit decedant without a doubt. Personally the best bang for your buck is a milkshake because you essentially get two desserts.
Anyway you slice it, the food is pretty excellent. And make sure you ask to see Penelope or Jacques - they love to meet guests and discuss their lives as chocolatiers!

Last edited:
Pretty sure my daughter orders her shake think and they will make it that way or something. I'm actually just happy I enjoy the dinners I've had here for I'm not that into deserts.

I think I had the pork chop last visit and I enjoyed it.

Reactions: Frogki
We had chocolate bread as a starter, then the Blue Plate Burger –
Half pound housemade patty, grilled meatloaf, garlic mashed potatoes, Wisconsin cheddar cheese, sweet corn, toasted brioche, bordelaise sauce. Delicious! Both of these were shared between the two of us for a late lunch. We had one key lime milkshake for desert to share.....could only get through a quarter of it at the table, so took it away with us. Continued slurping as we browsed the gift shop and strolled outside....eventually surrendered with still a quarter remaining....so my recommendation is ....don't over order to begin with!
Going for a late lunch meant we could walk right in and be seated but I think the lack of a crowd detracted from the atmosphere...it felt like we were visiting a beautiful but dark nightclub during the day......so for a sit down meal inside I'd only go back at dinner. Lunch outside would be fine though. I've also called in during the day for ice cream desert in the brighter, outer section. My sister and I struggled to finish one portion between us and even took away the brownies to eat later.

We had chocolate bread as a starter, then the Blue Plate Burger –
Half pound housemade patty, grilled meatloaf, garlic mashed potatoes, Wisconsin cheddar cheese, sweet corn, toasted brioche, bordelaise sauce. Delicious! Both of these were shared between the two of us for a late lunch. We had one key lime milkshake for desert to share.....could only get through a quarter of it at the table, so took it away with us. Continued slurping as we browsed the gift shop and strolled outside....eventually surrendered with still a quarter remaining....so my recommendation is ....don't over order to begin with!
Going for a late lunch meant we could walk right in and be seated but I think the lack of a crowd detracted from the atmosphere...it felt like we were visiting a beautiful but dark nightclub during the day......so for a sit down meal inside I'd only go back at dinner. Lunch outside would be fine though. I've also called in during the day for ice cream desert in the brighter, outer section. My sister and I struggled to finish one portion between us and even took away the brownies to eat later.
We do the same quite often at the parks. Or, we'll just order three or four appetizers (if they are special, not run of the mill) and split them.

That method got expensive for me one night at Strongwater, but maybe those weren't appetizers.
StrongWater is Small Plates, so they're a bit more substantial than appetizers (size & cost), but not as much as a meal. We usually split three Small Plates at Strongwater, but that doesn't leave room for dessert. If we're doing dessert we split two Small Plates.

Reactions: Joel
Is there any of the shakes/food that are a must try ? Intend to hit Toothsome when I am there in Oct so some suggestions would be handy :)

The cocoa coffee wings were excellent!

After sampling four of the shakes, I got in the habit of skipping them so that I could order some of their chocolate themed old fashions as I liked these drinks more and ended up paying the same/less than I would for a shake.

For meals, I had a few of the waffles and they were good. My wife and friends have had the burgers, pasta, and salads and no one has complained of having a bad meal yet.

That's one of the things I really like about it, you can get some really decent appetizers that make for a pretty good yet inexpensive meal or you can go all out and have something really nice if you want to spend more. It really has a great variety of options.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I had a couple of apps and a rum old fashioned that was reasonable I thought
They raise the prices seasonably, I don't know what time of year you went. But I went during peak season this spring. A one day pass was $190! Everything was extremely expensive. And I'm from a small, small, small town that I wouldn't even call a town, so...

They raise the prices seasonably, I don't know what time of year you went. But I went during peak season this spring. A one day pass was $190! Everything was extremely expensive. And I'm from a small, small, small town that I wouldn't even call a town, so...
I've held an AP for a few years now and I visit regularly.