The WWE Thread | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

The WWE Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Without question. Cena is obviously their top gun which IMO is horrible. Look at what we had in the 90's. Rock, Stone Cold, Taker, HBK, HHH. Blows this era out of the water.

There's really no one else right now except CM Punk, who I like a lot. He's a good wrestler but when I watch him he doesn't have that exciting move that gets the crowd on their feet like the Stunner or the Rock Bottom. He's great on the mic though.

Outside of those 2 though, the next in line is who? The Miz? Daniel Bryan? Good lord. For the wrestlers in the back complaining that the Rock is headlining WM28, they should take a look around and get their answer why he is. I worry about next year's Mania since there's no guarantee Rock, Taker, or HHH are going to be there. Since it's just across the bridge from me in NJ I plan on going, but damn.

I can't wait to go to Miami and experience WM28.

I liked Cena when he was younger. I loved his Gangster WrestleMania entrance and his matches with HHH and HBK were pretty good. But he's just was overplayed.

CM Punk is a great wrestler, but like you said there's not a whole lot of excitement around him.

I hate the Miz with a passion. Can't stand him.

I liked Cena when he was younger. I loved his Gangster WrestleMania entrance and his matches with HHH and HBK were pretty good. But he's just was overplayed.

CM Punk is a great wrestler, but like you said there's not a whole lot of excitement around him.

I hate the Miz with a passion. Can't stand him.

Cena was tolerable when he was younger, but now, ugh. He gets his ass kicked until he lands the 5 moves of doom, then match over.

Miz seems to be getting buried big time now, I don't know what they were thinking having him main event WM last year. That's a joke.

I went to Survivor Series when it was in NY cause the Rock was wrestling for the first time in ages and Miz was in the main event there too, with R Truth. Ridiculous.

2004 Cena was my favorite wrestler at the time. Now, I can't stand him. The fact that they've turned him into a superhero essentially is ridiculous. Let the guy lose some feuds for once.

CM Punk is definitely one of, if not, my favorite wrestler in the company right now. His mic skills are incredible, he's a great wrestler, and he brings back a bit of edginess to the shows. The Miz, however, is just awful for so many reasons.

As for other polarizing figures out of this current batch, I truly think that Dolph Ziggler could become one if properly utilized by the WWE. He's definitely a good wrestler, he's entertaining, has a good stand-out character, has great mic skills, and is an incredible seller. The promos he currently cuts on TV aren't showing his true potential right now, though. If you really want to see his mic-skills, check out an episode of Zack Ryder's YouTube series.

As for other polarizing figures out of this current batch, I truly think that Dolph Ziggler could become one if properly utilized by the WWE. He's definitely a good wrestler, he's entertaining, has a good stand-out character, has great mic skills, and is an incredible seller. The promos he currently cuts on TV aren't showing his true potential right now, though. If you really want to see his mic-skills, check out an episode of Zack Ryder's YouTube series.

It's funny, in the limited time that I've been watching I feel the same. He reminds me a little bit of Edge. Has it all, just needs an opportunity. And I guess having Vickie at his side helps draw that comparison. I definitely like him, though. I always love the cocky characters who back it up. It's a shame that Ted DiBiase Jr. never panned out, he had the look of a star.

It's funny, in the limited time that I've been watching I feel the same. He reminds me a little bit of Edge. Has it all, just needs an opportunity. And I guess having Vickie at his side helps draw that comparison. I definitely like him, though. I always love the cocky characters who back it up. It's a shame that Ted DiBiase Jr. never panned out, he had the look of a star.

I haven't seen much of him, but I'll look into him since you guys speak so highly of him. But it seems like he is suffering the same fate as DiBiase Jr: bad writing. He had a lll the talent in the world, they just didn't know what to do with him.

I think once this WM is done next years will see another return in Brock Lesnar, I think he'll only return for a WM draw and will probably be him against Taker for the streak.

With that and the possibility of HHH v HBK I would be inclined to buy it again as I intend to this year.

Hopefully there will be a good Tag Team division by then also, at the moment it's absolutely dire.

WrestleMania this year has the chance to be great. Rock/Cena will be electric. After that promo on Raw you can tell theres some legit tension. Also looking forward to Punk/Jericho. Jericho was my favorite until he left in 2010 then CM Punk became my new favorite. Could be match of the night. Not sure what's gonna happen with the Hell in a Cell. Could be either guys last match, or even both.

I read a report saying that if Undertaker is healthy he can continue to do one match a year. But honestly, what's left to do at WrestleMania that can top a Hell in a Cell match against Triple H? It's gonna look weird though when he's wrestling with a bald head

WrestleMania this year has the chance to be great. Rock/Cena will be electric. After that promo on Raw you can tell theres some legit tension. Also looking forward to Punk/Jericho. Jericho was my favorite until he left in 2010 then CM Punk became my new favorite. Could be match of the night. Not sure what's gonna happen with the Hell in a Cell. Could be either guys last match, or even both.

I read a report saying that if Undertaker is healthy he can continue to do one match a year. But honestly, what's left to do at WrestleMania that can top a Hell in a Cell match against Triple H? It's gonna look weird though when he's wrestling with a bald head

The HIAC may be Taker's final match, but it definitely won't be Triple H's. He just signed a new four year wrestling contract with the WWE: http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe..._With_WWE_To_Wrestle_For_Four_More_Years.html

As for bald Taker, when I originally found out he had shaved his head, I really was hoping to see biker Undertaker return. At this point though, I'm just interested to see where they take that angle. :shrug:

I wouldn't mind it if he had the short hair like he did from 02-03 but apparently he's maintained the bald look. I just dont understand why he shaved his head knowing fully well he'd be competing at WrestleMania

I almost feel like the hair changes the dynamic of the Undertaker. Sounds stupid, but he won't look the same. I'd much rather see him in a wig like he must've been wearing on Raw when he returned. Fully bald though?

Undertaker-WWE-Magazine.jpg

If this is gonna be his last match, I know for sure I don't want my last memory of him bald. He's gonna be on Raw next week, let's see if he takes the hood off. How does everyone feel about Shawn Michaels being the special referee? I feel like there gonna make a big deal saying if he will cost either guy the match, but in the end he'll call it down the middle.

If this is gonna be his last match, I know for sure I don't want my last memory of him bald. He's gonna be on Raw next week, let's see if he takes the hood off. How does everyone feel about Shawn Michaels being the special referee? I feel like there gonna make a big deal saying if he will cost either guy the match, but in the end he'll call it down the middle.

I think they definitely wanna set up HHH-Shawn Michaels next year. I guess him calling it fair, and HHH losing could do the trick of ramping up the rivalry just as well and would make more sense than him screwing HHH.

I didn't realize how much he's been a special referee. :lol:

I sort of feel like this is a pointless addition to the match cause now there's sure to be "controversy".

Me either. :lol:

I'm sort of mixed on the whole thing. On one hand, I'm glad to see HBK return in some form for WrestleMania. On the other hand, I feel like something is bound to happen and I'd hate to see Undertaker go out with some sort of controversy connected to his streak.

Me either. :lol:

I'm sort of mixed on the whole thing. On one hand, I'm glad to see HBK return in some form for WrestleMania. On the other hand, I feel like something is bound to happen and I'd hate to see Undertaker go out with some sort of controversy connected to his streak.

I'm pretty sure this won't be Taker's last match, I'm sure it would've been brought up in the story by now or something. I think he might have one or 2 left in him after this year especially if he only wrestles at Mania every year.

Closing in on 3 weeks away... I'm pretty stoked to be going. I'm thinking I need to get the Rock "Boots to Asses' shirt for when I go. Or wear some Jets gear into the Dolphins' home turf. :lol:

I don't think we need to see HHH/HBK at next years WrestleMania. We've seen those two fight in 03-04 enough times to last us a lifetime lol. Those matches were great but I can't imagine it being better 10 years later. I just think their gonna build to a screw job but nothing will happen