The WWE Thread | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

The WWE Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's going to be a Taker/HHH rematch next year in what will most likely be both man's last match. Triple H is going to retire to work behind the scenes and Taker is just old.

Taker won't lose though. There's no way they break the streak before he gets to 20 wins.

I like your idea Drew, you can't have Kane around if the Undertaker is not gonna be around anymore. So it makes sense and a good way to write off Kane for good. But the problem is that these two have no chemistry in the ring. They fought each other at 3 ppvs in a row and they were just so dull. Even their match at WrestleMania 20 was boring. It would have to be an absolute war with weapons and blood etc. That's not gonna happen as long as WWE is still PG.

But it does seem like it's gonna be an Undertaker/Triple H rematch, so who knows where Kane goes from here. He's back to tag teaming with Big Show, which seems like the 10th time they're doing that. Kane was a monster heel last year and now he's all buddy buddy with Show and Santino Marella, it doesn't make sense! lol

Sadly WWE has no young talent that anyone really cares about. There older stars are passing there prime and they are riding CENA like there is no tomorrow. DX is done Michaels is not coming back. Triple HHH is mostly back stage. They have no Austin, NO Rock No DX, I mean they have booked the match for 28 and it is a guy who is already retired and CENA and as most people think a rematch of Triple H and UNdertaker.

I hope it isn't HHH vs Undertaker so 3 of his wins will be against the same guy ... Yawn. I'd love to see him wrestle someone young and upcoming imo

I hope it isn't HHH vs Undertaker so 3 of his wins will be against the same guy ... Yawn. I'd love to see him wrestle someone young and upcoming imo

That would be a much more compelling story. I just don't know who could pull it off. No young stars have really been developed well.

I've always liked Ted DiBiase Jr., I haven't watched WWE actively in a while so I don't know where he is/what he's doing/if he's being buried but I think he has the look of an Orton type. His father was the person who debuted the Undertaker, so it could be fitting to see someone like DiBiase Jr. with Sr. in his corner, take out the deadman.

I saw a ton of potential in him when I was watching.

Ted DiBiase has pretty much been buried. He really hasn't done much since Legacy broke up. I think I read he was in line for a big face push after the breakup of Legacy, but the crowd turned Orton into a face instead, so that idea was out the window. It's a shame cause I liked DiBiase too, right now he's no credible threat to anyone.

I never liked Cody Rhodes and never saw him as a main eventer but I'm liking his new attitude with the protective face mask. Maybe a feud with the Undertaker is in the cards for him, not a Mania feud but just a regular feud would be interesting.

We honestly probably won't see Taker again until next Mania season. I would hate for that to be the case but the way that match ended, you gotta believe it'll be a while before we see him again.

How about Danielson? The best talent in wrestling today, but he would actually need and deserve a push by now.

I was so disappointed when they pulled the Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus match from WrestleMania. Would have been a great opener to set the tone for the rest of the show. Hopefully Bryan gets a push soon, fantastic wrestler. He had a series of matches last year with Dolph Ziggler that were unbelievable.

Here's a shocker: Edge announced his retirement on Raw. It's no storyline either. It's a shame, Edge has never been my favorite but I'm sad to see him go. Christian is gonna need to step up because SmackDown is really lacking star power now. I bet Vince will be begging Jericho to come back after he's finished with Dancing with the Stars, if that wasn't already in Jerichos plans

Yea, bummer about Edge. His old TLC matches with the Dudleys and Hardys were the stuff of legends.

Still, I saw a good amount that I liked tonight on RAW. I've just started getting back into Wrestling since Rock came back. But Sin Cara looks great. And basically everyone in the 5 man gaunltet match looked good. I still hate Divas wrestling though. Always a snoozefest. I I love that Cena gets hated on by basically everyone that is over the age of 10.

And with the departure of Edge, I think they really need to consider getting rid of the split rosters. It made sense when WCW first came in and there were a ton of really big stars on both shows. But now the talent is spread too thin to justify two different rosters.

Last edited:
I just watched the TLC match from Mania 17 last week and it was just unbelievable. I remember watching it live and re watching it like every day, being 10 years old and seeing those guys putting each other through tables and jumping off ladders was the coolest thing ever. Those matches make you appreciate Edge even more because he's been performing in those kinds of matches for the last 10 years. Really took a toll on his body.

It saddens me to see these guys I grew up with start retiring and working limited schedules and stuff. It's for the best though so these guys can live the rest of their lives healthy

Pretty upset at the Edge news. He was easily my favorite wrestler on the current roster. He was great in and out of the ring. Put on some of the illest matches I've seen, and definitely had the best entrance song today. I'm glad though that he was able to get out while he could before something awful happened. He went out on top as the champ too, which is awesome.

Edge-Entrance-at-Armegeddon-Wallpaper.jpg