The WWE Thread | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The WWE Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hopefully the Rock won't disappear until January. WWE seems to have lost its way though. More talk, less action. So maybe it's gonna be a year of the Rock bringing it live via satellite til we get closer to Miami.

Haha I don't think so. I think he'll appear sporadically throughout the year to keep the feud going. Like I said, I think the Rock needs to have some matches. Maybe SummerSlam would be a good place for his first match back. Maybe a match against the Miz or CM Punk. SummerSlam is gonna be in the Staples Center, so thats right in Rocks backyard.

Haha I don't think so. I think he'll appear sporadically throughout the year to keep the feud going. Like I said, I think the Rock needs to have some matches. Maybe SummerSlam would be a good place for his first match back. Maybe a match against the Miz or CM Punk. SummerSlam is gonna be in the Staples Center, so thats right in Rocks backyard.

His backyard is Miami, thank you. :lol:

I highly doubt that they will have him wrestle before Mania. I think with this match now, WWE is going to try and make this the best WrestleMania of all time. The card will be stacked all leading up to the match of two generations. This is pretty much like Rock vs. Hogan again but way more hype and the Rock isn't old and beaten down. With all this hype I think the match goes atleast 45 minutes.

I highly doubt that they will have him wrestle before Mania. I think with this match now, WWE is going to try and make this the best WrestleMania of all time. The card will be stacked all leading up to the match of two generations. This is pretty much like Rock vs. Hogan again but way more hype and the Rock isn't old and beaten down. With all this hype I think the match goes atleast 45 minutes.

I hope. 45 minutes would certainly be an epic battle. But I am not going to hold out hope for the greatest Wrestlemania of all time. That's what they were hyping this year and that certainly didn't happen. Now I must admit, with Rock-Cena and an apparent Taker-HHH rematch already, things are starting out pretty awesome. But the rest of the card needs to be just as awesome. A return of Money in the Bank would be nice. I also would like to see some type of hardcore match. Ladder match, Tables, TLC, ect. Something different. Some sort of epic return besides the Rock would definitely help boost the event as well.

Mick Foley should come back and have a crazy hardcore match with someone. A match with him and CM Punk would be great. I'm not sure if Foley is still with TNA though. I think he is. Chris Jericho will probably be back by then too so that adds some more star power this years WrestleMania was lacking.

I was at Wrestlemania 27, The event over all was ok. There was no big shocks no exciting Guest. The Rock was entertaining, But if you knew anything about the Rock and Cena there was NO Doubt that he would Rock Bottom Cena. The Undertaker triple hhh match was not that exciting as the two of them spent more time laying on the canvas cathing there Breath rather then wrestling. I will say the Boooo's for John Cena were deafening He is not a fan favorite in Atlanta. I did HOF, Axcess and Mania it was a fun experience I recommend going just because of what it is.

Mick Foley should come back and have a crazy hardcore match with someone. A match with him and CM Punk would be great. I'm not sure if Foley is still with TNA though. I think he is. Chris Jericho will probably be back by then too so that adds some more star power this years WrestleMania was lacking.

That would be great. I would even like to see a rematch with him and Edge. Maybe make it a triple threat match and add someone like CM Punk. You could do a Raw vs. Smackdown vs. Nexus angle(if Nexus still exists this time next year haha)

Mania 27 wasn't terrible, but it wasn't good either. Punk/Orton and Mysterio/Rhodes were matches I wish had more time.

Don't understand the Miz hate though. He's got a crappy character, but he's really good in the ring, IMO. It's Cena that I wish would go away. No one annoys me more in the WWE today than Cena.

As for The Rock, you won't see him until January or something, IMO. He'll randomly show up and Rock Bottom Cena to cost him the match, and restart the rivalry. A rivalry I pray Rocky wins. He's so much better than Cena.

Last edited:
I've always said until WWE doesn't bring back some of their attitude, the product will continue to lack. The problem is that they are going after more corporate sponsers now, which is why the product is dumbed down now.

Yeah it is a shame I loved WWE during the attitude era and now they brand it as sports entertainment not professional wrestling, says it all really

Yeah it is a shame I loved WWE during the attitude era and now they brand it as sports entertainment not professional wrestling, says it all really

That's the saddest part. Sure, everyone knows it's fake, but that doesn't mean it can't be fun. A little more attitude and a little less soap opera would be nice.

Another person I expect to be in a bigger match next year will be Edge. He was in a world title match that from what I hear was nothing special. Next year is likely Edge's last WrestleMania as he said last year that he would be retiring in 2 years.

I wonder if Jericho will be back by then as well.

Another person I expect to be in a bigger match next year will be Edge. He was in a world title match that from what I hear was nothing special. Next year is likely Edge's last WrestleMania as he said last year that he would be retiring in 2 years.

I wonder if Jericho will be back by then as well.

I was really shocked with the match they gave Edge this year. I really had no interest in it at all. Not much hype and not much of a storyline.

Here are a few of my 997 photos,,not counting axcess or HOF
TAB08_201104011812078437.jpg

--- Update ---

sonyfh221019.jpg

sonyfh22160.jpg

sonyfh22307.jpg

sonyfh22314.jpg

sonyfh22763.jpg

sonyfh22823.jpg

I personally would loveeee to see some sort of DX reunion and for them to take over RAW or something. But I know that won't happen:mean:

Nice pics!

Edge vs. Christian for the title next year would be a great match to have. Hopefully they hold off on that until then but it doesn't look like they will. Edges match this year was ok, but again it wasn't given enough time. Alberto Del Rio, Edges opponent, is a good wrestler and given maybe another 5-10 minutes would have made it the show stealer.

I'd love to see the Undertaker vs. Kane, assuming that next year would be the last WrestleMania for both of them. You can't just have the Undertaker retire... the way his character is, he's a zombie who always wins at WrestleMania. What reason would he logically have to walk away? They need to find a way for him to go out in reason.

My idea would be to have Taker face Kane in a buried alive match, and have it end somehow with them both being buried alive. If Taker were to actually lose I'd like to see someone young beat him, where it could further develop their role, not someone like HHH who would just have it as another notch on his belt. I bet you he's pushing for it.