The State of Epcot | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

The State of Epcot

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, umm, now what?

I would assume potentially this,

9a8130079a7b6d18d58e77ae35f94a23.gif

TRON will definitely have the same problem that FoP does as far as accessibility due to the type of restraints.

But if it really is replacing the speedway then I couldn't be more excited. The Speedway is such a huge waste of space that this is practically an expansion.

TRON will definitely have the same problem that FoP does as far as accessibility due to the type of restraints.

But if it really is replacing the speedway then I couldn't be more excited. The Speedway is such a huge waste of space that this is practically an expansion.

Something fascinating with Tron, is that it actually has a seat accessible for those who may not be able to sit in the lightcycles themselves. It's somewhat ingenious, and I wouldn't be surprised to see that make it's way for the Magic Kingdom version just as how Shanghai has for its version.

Edit: Some Proof, from TPR.

C0HZej_UQAAYpbb.jpg

I don't know - it seems like too much hype at once. I can't see them putting more in MK when the other parks are struggling. Zootopia at AK seems more likely.

If they announce this they have to announce some pretty substantial stuff for Epcot otherwise it's guaranteed to kill attendance between it and Star Wars land and such.

And I just don't see them investing in so much all across the board.

I don't know - it seems like too much hype at once. I can't see them putting more in MK when the other parks are struggling. Zootopia at AK seems more likely.

If they announce this they have to announce some pretty substantial stuff for Epcot otherwise it's guaranteed to kill attendance between it and Star Wars land and such.

And I just don't see them investing in so much all across the board.
The rumor has always been that there would be new additions for all parks for the 50th so this falls in line with that a bit if true. And remember both Rat and TRON are clones so cost wouldn't be as much.

Either way, this thread is getting off track from Epcot to more WDW-wide discussion, so I think it's time we bring the conversation to the D23 thread

D23 Expo 2017 - News & Speculation | Inside Universal Forums

Reactions: Alicia
The rumor has always been that there would be new additions for all parks for the 50th so this falls in line with that a bit if true. And remember both Rat and TRON are clones so cost wouldn't be as much.

Either way, this thread is getting off track from Epcot to more WDW-wide discussion, so I think it's time we bring the conversation to the D23 thread

D23 Expo 2017 - News & Speculation | Inside Universal Forums

The same can be said for the Tomorrowland Redo thread, especially that we are now less than a week away.

Reactions: GadgetGuru and Nick
I was just saying in the other thread that there's no permit for TRON, but Energy and France both have water district permits to change the permeable area..

And then, i was like, "I didn't check today..."

Uh oh.

With Orange County they just filed a general construction permit for Spaceship Earth that expires Nov 2017.

Siemens is leaving, right?

What about Illuminations viewing from the Spaceship Earth lounge...?

Reactions: SeventyOne
I was just saying in the other thread that there's no permit for TRON, but Energy and France both have water district permits to change the permeable area..

And then, i was like, "I didn't check today..."

Uh oh.

With Orange County they just filed a general construction permit for Spaceship Earth that expires Nov 2017.

Siemens is leaving, right?

What about Illuminations viewing from the Spaceship Earth lounge...?
It expires November 2017? Isn't that the same month that Siemens' sponsorship ends?

I'm gonna just throw this out there. Guardians. Sfx coaster. How likely is it to happen? Think about it. Someone was already confirmed to have bought a dynamics sfx coaster last year in Orlando, and it doesn't look like universal will be getting it.

Reactions: Alicia
I'm gonna just throw this out there. Guardians. Sfx coaster. How likely is it to happen? Think about it. Someone was already confirmed to have bought a dynamics sfx coaster last year in Orlando, and it doesn't look like universal will be getting it.
I hope so. Perfect ride tech for the property. Could even incorporate a drop section and utilize some of the Mission Breakout storyline, but on a track instead of an elevator.

Mission: Breakout EXTREME!

"Walt Disney World News Today is now hearing that the building and slow traveling theater ride system will be replaced with a Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster which would feature “both elaborate scenes and a long roller coaster portion.” A similar concept was supposedly in the works for Disney California Adventure’s upcoming Marvel Land, which has drawn comparisons to Harry Potter Escape From Gringotts ride which recently opened at Universal Studios Florida." That was via slashfilm from april of last year

Status
Not open for further replies.