The State of Epcot | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

The State of Epcot

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Im just catching up. Would the so called GOTG coaster be an indoor or outdoor coaster? Any idea what they are cloning? I just don't see Disney creating a new ride system or layout for what seems like a cheap IP tie in. They aren't planning anther Tower of Space Jail are they?

There is some new tech within the ride system. I would expect the end result to be visually stimulating like Tron and a good notch about RnRc

Reactions: Jones14
Early concept art for the GotG Motorbike Coaster.
-1x-1.jpg

Ok I laughed.

Reactions: RevFreako
How does leave a legacy make money? Do families really come to the park just to visit their etched faces on slabs of concrete?

They were only guaranteed to be on property for 20 years. They could move them for the next 10 years and then destroy them all and be well within their contractual right to do so. I don't think it would cause too big a stink. Much more people want to see them removed from the entry plaza than want them to remain.
I'm sure they do make money or they'd be long gone....There is honestly a ton of empty space in Epcot to put them haha, so either way I don't see it being an issue

I'm sure they do make money or they'd be long gone....There is honestly a ton of empty space in Epcot to put them haha, so either way I don't see it being an issue
They don't in any way make money. It's more a matter of weighing the negatives of cost to move them and making people who bought them mad.

Reactions: Alicia
They don't in any way make money. It's more a matter of weighing the negatives of cost to move them and making people who bought them mad.
Exactly.

They stopped selling them like a decade ago if that's what you originally meant by making money off them.

The vast majority of legacy tiles were purchased in 1999/2000 as part of the millennium celebration.

Which means the 20 year contract on those are almost over.

After that, a large number were given away with resort packages and to CMs because they weren't selling.

Even then, the project ended with just a fraction of the spaces sold. Remove the empty stones and the plaza is already much larger.

They could literally be hung on the construction walls as a new project is built.

So.. Len Testa posted a rumor over at WDWMagic that the call centers are prepping CMs by having them off the phones in groups of 100 to train for some big announcement that's coming for Epcot at D23.

Which makes me ponder.. which call centers exactly..? If it's DRC, i'm baffled as to what it is and why they'd need to be so braced for the influx.

But if it's DVC, the writing is sort of on the wall. Anyone know anymore details?

Reactions: Scott W.
So.. Len Testa posted a rumor over at WDWMagic that the call centers are prepping CMs by having them off the phones in groups of 100 to train for some big announcement that's coming for Epcot at D23.

Which makes me ponder.. which call centers exactly..? If it's DRC, i'm baffled as to what it is and why they'd need to be so braced for the influx.

But if it's DVC, the writing is sort of on the wall. Anyone know anymore details?
It won't be DVC. The way DVC operates, they don't let a property that is years away from opening take sales way from the newer ones that are still trying to sell out.

Hell, I don't expect Caribbean Beach DVC to be announced until at least next summer so as to give Wilderness Lodge some time to shine on it's own. Basically, they wouldn't announce a Epcot DVC this year when it won't open until 2020/2021 because they don't want people waiting for a specific property to buy in.

It won't be DVC. The way DVC operates, they don't let a property that is years away from opening take sales way from the newer ones that are still trying to sell out.

Hell, I don't expect Caribbean Beach DVC to be announced until at least next summer so as to give Wilderness Lodge some time to shine on it's own. Basically, they wouldn't announce a Epcot DVC this year when it won't open until 2020/2021 because they don't want people waiting for a specific property to buy in.

Think maybe it's the gondola? That thing can theoretically be built by this time next year - and would effect booking for the related resorts, no?

Wasn't there some sort of rumor of a very immersive Star Wars themed resort or rooms. Something like that would make sense if they're planning to open reservations early.

Or it could just be some dessert party, new event, etc. I guess?

Reactions: Joel
Think maybe it's the gondola? That thing can theoretically be built by this time next year - and would effect booking for the related resorts, no?
Could be.

Could also just be a simple run down of what will be announced and what answers they are to give when guests ask about a Ratatouille ride or potentially a GotG ride. Especially if it's GotG, they need to make sure that CM's known they can't use the word MARVEL I would assume.

I think it could effect demand for the resorts, but I don't really see how it would change the booking process and require training.

Could be.

Could also just be a simple run down of what will be announced and what answers they are to give when guests ask about a Ratatouille ride or potentially a GotG ride. Especially if it's GotG, they need to make sure that CM's known they can't use the word MARVEL I would assume.

But those sorts of things go into a sort of info blast when they occur - only a rare few CMs at the call centers know everything that's going on, so they have information databases about pretty much everything and every scripted response allowed. If something makes the news, a blast goes out and a headline pops up on the main info search page.

I do wonder if someone was just confused - candlelight booking does require special training akin to what's being described.

Oo, maybe an Epcot 24 hour party for the 35th? That'd be nice.

Reactions: Alicia
Status
Not open for further replies.