The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 211 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The return of Bloodengutz, please god. That's the one Original that will make me go full on crazy. Im surprised the sequel isn't already a thing. I wouldn't care what else was there if HR was at the event this year. I don't know how probable it is but now reading that @Legacy said that Slaughter will not appear gives me some hope that it will return because there concepts are familiar and having them both on the lineup is kind of a stretch.

Legacy just said he doesn't think SS will happen because the rumored lineup already has three clipshow houses. If SS doesn't happen due to that, then H.R.B. is in the same boat because that's another clipshow house. Only probable chance would be a cameo in a anniversary house, but I wouldn't see a full house being likely.

I’m thinking of a sequel or prequel for scarecrow.

Coming up with a story could be a challenge. The absolute best I can think of is the scarecrows going into the nearest town and kidnapping people to bring into the cornfield to be “harvested.” And thus an open floor plan.

Just PLEASE no repeat!

Last edited:
Back to the platypus clue, I feel like the clue has something to do with Archer, since it’s the only thing I could find that’s interesting

- Phineas And Ferb

- Giant Platypus

- Mike Archer

- Archer TV series

Im honestly stumped on this one. I’ll wait until the clue gets closer to the answer. I understand if you won’t do it, but any chance you can give us a shortcut @Legacy?

Back to the platypus clue, I feel like the clue has something to do with Archer, since it’s the only thing I could find that’s interesting

- Phineas And Ferb

- Giant Platypus

- Mike Archer

- Archer TV series

Im honestly stumped on this one. I’ll wait until the clue gets closer to the answer. I understand if you won’t do it, but any chance you can give us a shortcut @Legacy?
Yeah. This is a different sort of shortcut though.

“Database”

Reactions: Jaden
The return of Bloodengutz, please god. That's the one Original that will make me go full on crazy. Im surprised the sequel isn't already a thing. I wouldn't care what else was there if HR was at the event this year. I don't know how probable it is but now reading that @Legacy said that Slaughter will not appear gives me some hope that it will return because there concepts are familiar and having them both on the lineup is kind of a stretch.

Not to put words in Legacy's mouth, but I would think any new Bloodengutz would also feel like a "clip show" house. And I'll be honest, as much as I loved the original (top 10 of all time), HHN doesn't have a great record capturing lightning in a bottle twice. I'd rather see a second crack at something like Hades or The Fallen -- houses that felt like they should work when they were announced but then just didn't. Or maybe a Hive house built from the ground up this time to be fully realized (same logic would apply to a Vamp 55 or Invasion house inspired by the smaller zones).

Database - A structured set of data held in a computer, especially one that is accessible in various ways.

- Phineas And Ferb

- Giant Platypus

*Database can contain any information

- Giant Platypus was about 1.3 meters long

That’s all I can say so far....

Reactions: londonwerecat
Not to put words in Legacy's mouth, but I would think any new Bloodengutz would also feel like a "clip show" house. And I'll be honest, as much as I loved the original (top 10 of all time), HHN doesn't have a great record capturing lightning in a bottle twice. I'd rather see a second crack at something like Hades or The Fallen -- houses that felt like they should work when they were announced but then just didn't. Or maybe a Hive house built from the ground up this time to be fully realized (same logic would apply to a Vamp 55 or Invasion house inspired by the smaller zones).

Yeah, I just can’t think of any theme/story that would feel as cohesive as the first one. Well, I can actually, but they basically used that theme last year.

But yes, plenty of concepts that deserve another shot. Why I’m pushing for an open cornfield Scarecrow sequel—would be different enough from but also similar enough to the original (for ANY sequel in any medium you need to have a very delicate balance between the two, one that so many don’t have) and it would be another shot at a really cool gimmick that didn’t live up to the hype the first go round.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
Legacy just said he doesn't think SS will happen because the rumored lineup already has three clipshow houses. If SS doesn't happen due to that, then H.R.B. is in the same boat because that's another clipshow house. Only probable chance would be a cameo in a anniversary house, but I wouldn't see a full house being likely.
Reread his post after I posted mine. Rip my dreams. Ill hope for an appearance in the Anniversary house.

I dunno how to connect “Database” with this clue. Perhaps find the database for the giant platypus?

Giving it a shot but highly likely way wrong.
Giant platypus
First written about in Journal of Vertebrae Paleontology
Mention of University of New South Wales
Rebel Wilson is famous alumni
Just in JoJo Rabbit
Taika Waititi
What we do in the shadows

Reactions: maroonmol
Terra Cruentes, Creepshow, and an anniversary house are already three “clip show” houses where each scene is something completely different. Sinema would be four; nearly half.

Body Collectors will (should) appear strictly in Terra Cruentes.

It just hit me that if Terra Cruentes is a clipshow house, than that aligns with the thought of it being a collage of the various houses etc of 15. Honestly, that's a neat idea if true. Also, thinking about it some more, there is a way they can represent Cold, Blind, Terror. One just has to look back on Graveyard Games and that hallway at the end would be a way to mostly pull that off. Don't think it's going to be cold, and quite frankly most would probably think they ran out of budget with a pitch black hallway, but it's a feasible way to represent CBT.

Though I also still stand by my idea that they could leave out houses like CBT and Where Evil Hides. Both are outliers to the main T.C. story.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Though I also still stand by my idea that they could leave out houses like CBT and Where Evil Hides. Both are outliers to the main T.C. story.
Agreed. You could like take the The Skool out of it, too. I’m not entirely sure what they’re doing with it, but I imagine it’s following key elements that relate to the forging of the Terra Blade.

Here’s the house I would design:

Scenes
0. Facade (Personally, I would do a book)
1. Blood Thunder Alley
2. Demon Cantina
3. Gorewood Forest
4. Cemetery Mines/Terror Mines
5. Body Collectors
6. Fire Pits
7. Blood Abbey/Forging the Blade
8. Terra Guard Run
9. Queen Sacrifice

Just got done with Invisible Man and *UNPOPULAR OPINION* I think it could be made into a house. Whether it would be good is another story.

It would require a bit of an abstract (Poltergeist) route for several rooms.
-Adrian's garage (from opening scene, car alarm goes off)
-Lanier kitchen (could show the stove fire via screenz)
-Lab (suit unveiling via screenz)
-Restaurant (sister having throat slit)
-Re-use the black tunnel at end of Graveyard Games
-A room similar to the victim storage scene in Insidious (guys covered in blankets)
-Asylum cell (orderly pinned to the wall by taser, similar to Halloween 1)
-Asylum hallway (more dead orderlies, the suit can start appearing via Pepper's Ghost effect--they did that for the Predators in 24 didn't they?)
-Lanier house-hallway (Tom's death--again, Pepper's Ghost)
-Dinner table finale (Adrian's throat slit)

Once again, I know I'm stretching a little but should they need a cheap property if they decide to cut a more expensive one, it could suffice. Then again, some on here have alluded to Blumhouse not having a great relationship with the event anymore.

Last edited:
Honestly, all I can hope for right now are for these originals to ever have a scene in a house or maybe to have their own prequel/sequel:
Gothic
Leave it to Cleaver,
The Foresaken
Something vampire themed
Something zombie themed (though, with the current events, I think that they may change this for a different idea)

and then, of course, my dream houses:
Something based in mythology
Cryptids!!!

I wonder if Vamp could be on the docket for a house or zone. The zones were popular so it would make sense, then again it seems they mostly wanna use older originals

Agreed. You could like take the The Skool out of it, too. I’m not entirely sure what they’re doing with it, but I imagine it’s following key elements that relate to the forging of the Terra Blade.

Here’s the house I would design:

Scenes
0. Facade (Personally, I would do a book)
1. Blood Thunder Alley
2. Demon Cantina
3. Gorewood Forest
4. Cemetery Mines/Terror Mines
5. Body Collectors
6. Fire Pits
7. Blood Abbey/Forging the Blade
8. Terra Guard Run
9. Queen Sacrifice

Best case scenario would be a soundstage so that it could enter from a BTA scarezone in NY. Also I think the "Forging the Blade" part is a bit redundant with the Fire Pits. So you could easily work in The Skool.

Anachronistically, The Skool had US History decorations and a Ludwig von Beethoven sculpture.

People just are not able to come to terms with exponential growth especially when it affects things they enjoy, "getting ahead of ourselves" says you. revisit this is two weeks and tell me how you feel.

please don’t start this on this thread. There’s a reason we’ve issued the notice to keep COVID talk to the appropriate threads. Again, when something is officially impacted, discuss away. Until then, let’s not try to fill every damn thread with doom and gloom.

Status
Not open for further replies.