The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 209 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
* Giant Platypus
* The niffler in Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them is essentially a platypus
* Looking into niffler lore, Merula Snyde, who went to Hogwarts & was sorted into Slytherin, enlarged a niffler - basically turning it into a giant platypus
* Hogwarts is based on Harry Potter
* Daniel Radcliffe was Harry Potter
* Daniel Radcliffe was the lead in The Woman In Black

Reactions: londonwerecat
Guys, I work retail. My brain is completely fried. Maybe try to take the Platypus clue in an original direction. I’d give it a go, but I’m having nightmares about toilet paper, right now.

(It's months like this that make me wish South Park still made episodes during the spring--I know lots of shows have stopped production but since I'm pretty sure it's mainly just two people working on it...)

• Haha
Reactions: mystiquephreeq
- Phineas And Ferb

- Giant Perry

- Giant Platypus

- Nicknamed “Platypus Godzilla”

- Upcoming film “Godzilla vs King Kong”

- Stars Alexander Skarsgard

- Brother is Bill Skarsgard who played Pennywise in IT

- Answer: IT
I like this one. Please be this one.

Some info about the platypi:

The discovery was made from a single tooth. It was discovered in Riversleigh World Heritage area. This is an area that is a large mammal fossil site (one of the 10 greatest fossil sites in the world) that shows a superb evolutionary history of Australia’s unique fauna. It’s scientific name is Obdurodon tharalkooschild. There are three species of Obdurodon (O. insignis and O. dicksoni are the other two). All of them are extinct.
I can keep going with the taxonomy. They are part of the family Monotremeta. They all lay eggs. Echidnas and platypi are the only extant members of the family.

Reactions: ShellyFinkelstein
Anniversary house doesn’t automatically mean Jack. An anniversary doesn’t automatically mean an icon either. But I didn’t say there wouldn’t be an icon.

Again, at this point, the event you’re expecting is not likely to be the event that you get.

I understand what you mean, I didn't mean that Jack or any other icon would be linked to the anniversary house, just that I could see just an anniversary house happen, no icons attach into presenting it just featured in it. I don't care who the icon is as long as the event happens, we just have to expect the unexpected this year and I am all for it, I have no high expectations for this year, I'm very open-minded to what they are bringing to the event, I'm really intrigued in what will happen, I'm sure the event will be surprising as you said it could possibly be.

Last edited:
Maybe, maybe not, I mean we don't know what their plans are at this point, but I feel like they stick to Eillish to keep it going or something, if not and scrap, I honestly wouldn't mind it, even though it could be a good impact for the newer guests, I don't think it will be exciting as last year's Marathon Lagoon show for sure.

Maybe, maybe not, I mean we don't know what their plans are at this point, but I feel like they stick to Eillish to keep it going or something, if not and scrap, I honestly wouldn't mind it, even though it could be a good impact for the newer guests, I don't think it will be exciting as last year's Marathon Lagoon show for sure.

I loved Marathon and the 2012 lagoon shows, but we don’t need one every year. To me, it’s the first thing to cut. Second is AoV and the live entertainment within scarezones (ie speaking/host roles that pay more). I’d like for the house and SZ budget to be unscathed.

I loved Marathon and the 2012 lagoon shows, but we don’t need one every year. To me, it’s the first thing to cut. Second is AoV and the live entertainment within scarezones (ie speaking/host roles that pay more). I’d like for the house and SZ budget to be unscathed.

I don't see it being every year, they just started bringing it back, and this year I feel with Eillish they needed something to use and that was probably the option on the table for em to substitute for instead of doing a house. AOV really doesn't need to be cut, they are fine where they are, as for the house and scarezone budget, majority of the budget will probably go to the IPs like it has the most with little bit here and there for the originals and the zones.

So is there any chance of an announcement next week? If so, would it be Hill House, or maybe Beetlejuice?

Not sure. I'd like to think they'd wanna continue their marketing strategy from the past few years, but some may view any announcement, especially one dealing with "horror", as insensitive during these times. If we don't get anything next week, I'd wager we don't get anything until this all normalizes.

Not sure. I'd like to think they'd wanna continue their marketing strategy from the past few years, but some may view any announcement, especially one dealing with "horror", as insensitive during these times. If we don't get anything next week, I'd wager we don't get anything until this all normalizes.

Plus, they might be afraid that anything, no matter how big, would get lost in all the day to day uncertainty.

Status
Not open for further replies.