The D23 Expo 2015 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The D23 Expo 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
One other thing we may hear about is the rumored daytime show going to the Fantasmic theatre (which i've heard they're already casting for) and the replacement for BatB show. Those would be small-ish, but solid announcements for the park.

If RSR is part of the PIXAR attraction I expect it would be announced. I don't know why it wouldn't. Just announcing Playland will have a big backlash.

One other thing we may hear about is the rumored daytime show going to the Fantasmic theatre (which i've heard they're already casting for) and the replacement for BatB show. Those would be small-ish, but solid announcements for the park.
A daytime show for the Fantasmic area would be cool & help alleviate the present capacity problems.. Plus the park wouldn't seem so small if they use that area during the day.

Reactions: Nick
If RSR is part of the PIXAR attraction I expect it would be announced. I don't know why it wouldn't. Just announcing Playland will have a big backlash.

I would not expect RSR to come to DHS

A daytime show for the Fantasmic area would be cool & help alleviate the present capacity problems.. Plus the park wouldn't seem so small if they use that area during the day.

It will help, but it'll just be another stage show

I would not expect RSR to come to DHS
Also, RSR is long rumored to come as a dark ride only version. It's been a long time since i've heard an update on that, but we'll see how it all falls. If they do a Pixar expansion without a major E or D attraction, it won't go over well and will also be counter-productive to DHS' capacity problem.

Also, RSR is long rumored to come as a dark ride only version. It's been a long time since i've heard an update on that, but we'll see how it all falls. If they do a Pixar expansion without a major E or D attraction, it won't go over well and will also be counter-productive to DHS' capacity problem.

Personally, I wouldn't count a dark-ride-only version of RSR to be RSR.

The racing is BY FAR the best part of that ride. If taken out, it's a waste to clone it

Personally, I wouldn't count a dark-ride-only version of RSR to be RSR.

The racing is BY FAR the best part of that ride. If taken out, it's a waste to clone it
It would also be taking up a lot of space in a park that is fairly limited and at the end of the day, we already have Test Track. IMO, the best parts of the ride is the dark ride components. The ride would obviously need to be retooled anyway in order to forego the outdoor section anyway.

I just feel like you're only looking for a slight thrill if you think the outdoor section is the best (it was the most boring part of the ride to me - you don't even go that fast).

That would be huge, if you ask me, considering BatB has been there for what 25 years? It's got to go. And a daytime show where Fantasmic would be huge too. That theater has enormous capacity and I've never even heard a rumor of a daytime show there in the 17 years it's been there but it's a great idea.

That would be huge, if you ask me, considering BatB has been there for what 25 years? It's got to go. And a daytime show where Fantasmic would be huge too. That theater has enormous capacity and I've never even heard a rumor of a daytime show there in the 17 years it's been there but it's a great idea.
Supposedly when a new show eventually does replace BatB, the theatre will be enclosed too.

And the daytime show rumor just popped up. Supposedly it's almost definite.

It would also be taking up a lot of space in a park that is fairly limited and at the end of the day, we already have Test Track. IMO, the best parts of the ride is the dark ride components. The ride would obviously need to be retooled anyway in order to forego the outdoor section anyway.

I just feel like you're only looking for a slight thrill if you think the outdoor section is the best (it was the most boring part of the ride to me - you don't even go that fast).

No, I just think the dark ride portion is dull and uninspired. Nice looking AAs, but dullsville.

The racing portion isn't fast, but it's got some great airtime, and very fun "competitiveness"

No, I just think the dark ride portion is dull and uninspired. Nice looking AAs, but dullsville.

The racing portion isn't fast, but it's got some great airtime, and very fun "competitiveness"
OK, but as I said, it would have to be redone for any ride that doesn't use the outdoor components. First, the RV would change almost certainly and parts of the rides story would need to change.

There's been rumors if it does come as a Dark Ride only, it would use trackless tech.

OK, but as I said, it would have to be redone for any ride that doesn't use the outdoor components. First, the RV would change almost certainly and parts of the rides story would need to change.

There's been rumors if it does come as a Dark Ride only, it would use trackless tech.

Okay, but at that point why is it a Cars ride? The franchise is built around racing. Building a Cars E/D ticket that doesnt race is like building a Fast and Furious attraction that doesnt go fast.

There are plenty of other Pixar attractions that fit a trackless dark ride way better

Okay, but at that point why is it a Cars ride? The franchise is built around racing. Building a Cars E/D ticket that doesnt race is like building a Fast and Furious attraction that doesnt go fast.

There are plenty of other Pixar attractions that fit a trackless dark ride way better
Hey, i'm no insider. I haven't heard much about that rumored trackless cars ride in a bit so it may have been taken off the table anyway. However, I keep hearing Cars will be a part of this and we're getting Flo's. Could be misinformation though.

I guess we'll see if they announce anything big for Pixar beyond TSPL. It'd be a bit disappointing if not bc an expansion of Pixar and no other major draw that has high capacity is sort of a bit pointless. Especially since all of the rides in TSPL are low capacity attractions.

My gut tells me we're getting a clone of something, but whether it's Cars, Ratatouille, Crush's Coaster (has bad capacity though), Some Monster's inc ride (Ride and go seek, the DCA one, the proposed DHS coaster...). ANYTHING. Hell, move the Laugh Floor over and then that creates an opening for a TL redo.

I mean seriously.

Hey, i'm no insider. I haven't heard much about that rumored trackless cars ride in a bit so it may have been taken off the table anyway. However, I keep hearing Cars will be a part of this and we're getting Flo's. Could be misinformation though.

I guess we'll see if they announce anything big for Pixar beyond TSPL. It'd be a bit disappointing if not bc an expansion of Pixar and no other major draw that has high capacity is sort of a bit pointless. Especially since all of the rides in TSPL are low capacity attractions.

My gut tells me we're getting a clone of something, but whether it's Cars, Ratatouille, Crush's Coaster (has bad capacity though), Some Monster's inc ride (Ride and go seek, the DCA one, the proposed DHS coaster...). ANYTHING. Hell, move the Laugh Floor over and then that creates an opening for a TL redo.

I mean seriously.

I think something along those lines will happen eventually. I don't think they're going to announce it this week though

Reactions: Nick
I'll add one that's been missed... Soarin' Over the World is due for an announcement. Especially as a segue from talking about Shanghai.

I had said this on the Parkscope podcast the other night, but I don't think you're anywhere near hearing about DCA's Marvel stuff. Star Wars is gonna happen first.

Hmm, I was always under the impression Marvel was coming first.