Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 146 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal makes an outdoor ride with absolutely no screens: This is lame, I can see the stick that Koopa Troopa is on. Why is it so short? This is boring.

Universal makes an immersive next gen interactive shooter ride: This is lame, why aren't there any animatronics. Why don't they make rides with animatronics like Disney does?
Lol and they still make money and people still have a blast regardless

That being said The Yoshi dark ride section is not great tho

The giant mistake I made was thinking this was Universal's answer to Rise. And the size of the ride building is really what pushed my excitement into hyperdrive.
I was doing the exact same thing.. whether people like it or not there has been a pattern within the theme park format...

Park acquires extremely popular IP and builds an immersive land showcasing a show stopping E ticket ride as it's main attraction.. (Hogsmeade, Diagon, Galaxy's Edge, NIntendo etc.)

While yes, MK was developed much before anybody knew anything about Rise, it's still understandable how people could compare them.

It just blows my mind that knowing we live in a social media heavy world, they made something that could potentially look so displeasing through a camera lens.. AR is fine and all but not including any animatronics at all (in the queue or in the ride) is just kind of a.. what were you guys thinking?

It was that viral Pirates POV that immediately had me book my flight to Shanghai.. same with Hagrid's, FJ, Gringotts, Rise etc.. While some of you disagree with me, POVs on YouTube are crucial and are the main reason I book expensive trips.. I'm not spending thousands of dollars on a vacation to get on disappointing rides... I'd rather go somewhere else...

Yes, we haven't seen any videos yet, but it's super interesting seeing diehards give them so much credit for putting a physical element/prop in front of a screen.....like.... ok? it's 2021... this is not the standard.

Lastly, wasn't there a patent a while back that showed animatronic characters in vehicles on a track next to guests? Or am I just imagining that?

I was doing the exact same thing.. whether people like it or not there has been a pattern within the theme park format...

Park acquires extremely popular IP and builds an immersive land showcasing a show stopping E ticket ride as it's main attraction.. (Hogsmeade, Diagon, Galaxy's Edge, NIntendo etc.)

While yes, MK was developed much before anybody knew anything about Rise, it's still understandable how people could compare them.

It just blows my mind that knowing we live in a social media heavy world, they made something that could potentially look so displeasing through a camera lens.. AR is fine and all but not including any animatronics at all (in the queue or in the ride) is just kind of a.. what were you guys thinking?

It was that viral Pirates POV that immediately had me book my flight to Shanghai.. same with Hagrid's, FJ, Gringotts, Rise etc.. While some of you disagree with me, POVs on YouTube are crucial and are the main reason I book expensive trips.. I'm not spending thousands of dollars on a vacation to get on disappointing rides... I'd rather go somewhere else...

Yes, we haven't seen any videos yet, but it's super interesting seeing diehards give them so much credit for putting a physical element/prop in front of a screen.....like.... ok? it's 2021... this is not the standard.

Lastly, wasn't there a patent a while back that showed animatronic characters in vehicles on a track next to guests? Or am I just imagining that?

That last part was AR. But otherwise I completely agree.

"Answering" an attraction that already exists while your ride is being constructed is kind of a difficult task

I would also argue "answering" an attraction would be a disservice to the story and world you're trying to build

I don't want Rise of the Resistance with Mario....I want a fully realized Mario Kart

However that's best achieved is up to the designers to figure out

I’ve been wanting to reply to the discussion adding my two cents about there not being any AAs, and then I remember until Hagrid, we didn’t have an AA of any HP characters. So, I’m going to wait to experience this myself before judging it.
Personally it never mattered to me

What matters to me is how convoluted the story of FJ is lol

"Answering" an attraction that already exists while your ride is being constructed is kind of a difficult task

I would also argue "answering" an attraction would be a disservice to the story and world you're trying to build

I don't want Rise of the Resistance with Mario....I want a fully realized Mario Kart

However that's best achieved is up to the designers to figure out

Personally it never mattered to me

What matters to me is how convoluted the story of FJ is lol

What matters to me is number of screen rides. FJ having the amount of screenz it does is fine, but next time I expect a more practical ride. It's all about variety and BALANCE.

Reactions: Brandonshah97
Reading this thread and knowing we all, for the most part, have the same info is so psychotic. We have everything from doomers to realists to people in denial. It's like the message board version of the stages of grief. lol

Universal makes an outdoor ride with absolutely no screens: This is lame, I can see the stick that Koopa Troopa is on. Why is it so short? This is boring.

Universal makes an immersive next gen interactive shooter ride: This is lame, why aren't there any animatronics. Why don't they make rides with animatronics like Disney does?

View attachment 13903

"All they do is build coasters."