Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 148 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly, seeing this, I get why they didn't go with AAs. AAs were never going to be as fast, fluid, and frenetic as the ride requires
Exactly my thoughts, it’s so clear why this ride is the way it is and it’s perfectly done imo at least the AR aspect of this, it really makes total sense. That last scene just can’t physically happen lol

Pardon me for being dense (I am old so have an excuse :) ) but is that snippet as seen through the glasses that the rider wears? Amazing on how the rider got that footage while still enjoying the ride. Are the riders using some kind of controller to throw the shells?

I noticed a brief glimpse of the top of the giant screens as you got to the Mario Wins scene. It's quite impressive isn't it and I don't think the fact that you aren't going fast will distract from the success of the ride.

Pardon me for being dense (I am old so have an excuse :) ) but is that snippet as seen through the glasses that the rider wears? Amazing on how the rider got that footage while still enjoying the ride. Are the riders using some kind of controller to throw the shells?

I noticed a brief glimpse of the top of the giant screens as you got to the Mario Wins scene. It's quite impressive isn't it and I don't think the fact that you aren't going fast will distract from the success of the ride.
Yes, this was shot through the AR visor. You can kind of see the reflection of the person's phone at the bottom of the screen. The steering wheel has fire buttons on both the left and the right, so I am assuming they were using their right hand to control the game elements and left hand to film.

Reactions: JawsVictim

Yep, seems all this was recorded under the AR glasses, hence all the animation as not all of it was on a screen, idk how to describe that finale though exactly before the finish line hahaha. I think this is just gonna be mind blowing, I’m still stunned from my couch lol.

Reactions: alias8703
Ok, it looks like the transition is done by switching perspectives of Screen to AR to Screen again

Also the Rainbow road sequence is done through a combo of screen effects, projection mapping on the ride path and heavy AR usage

I tried to break it down below

**WARNING MK PICTURE**

MK.jpg

Ok, it looks like the transition is done by switching perspectives of Screen to AR to Screen again

Also the Rainbow road sequence is done through a combo of screen effects, projection mapping on the ride path and heavy AR usage

I tried to break it down below

**WARNING MK PICTURE**

Was waiting to see how long it would take for someone to notice the projection mapping.

• Love
Reactions: alias8703
I remember seeing MS HoloLens for the first time and hear that the visualization they did wasn't truthful as only a small square space in your vision was AR. I was wondering what MK would have but I'm truly amazed about the full vision of AR and the sharpness (knowing this was filmed with a phone and in reality it will be much better).
Regarding this site and being disappointed in advance for a ride when it doesn't have an AA. We probably have the same sentiment if Spider-man was announced but I never heard anyone being disappointed at the best dark ride that was ever build and wondering where the overacting but stiff AA was...just saying.

Regarding this site and being disappointed in advance for a ride when it doesn't have an AA. We probably have the same sentiment if Spider-man was announced but I never heard anyone being disappointed at the best dark ride that was ever build and wondering where the overacting but stiff AA was...just saying.
Yes. @Joe said the same thing in our text thread. This video would be akin to someone seeing the finale of SPIDER-MAN and complaining it's just another simulator ride.

Was waiting to see how long it would take for someone to notice the projection mapping.
It's almost as if we've been talking about it for years, especially someone who's name starts with A

Allibaster...Allison....Amy...idk I can't remember

I'm sorry, parts of that were physical?
It's three different projection effects working in tandem...Anything physical would kind of ruing the pacing here