Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Studio Tour

But other POC movies have been shot here...

I just now remembered that Universal rents out their studio to other production companies. But like I said, the boat does seem too modern for a movie like POC. It looks more like a fishing boat. Maybe The  Perfect Storm 2? :p

I'm going to say it's for Pirates 5.

Dead Men Tell No Tales is already shot. Disney's basically just sitting on it at this point until the release date rolls around. At this point, it could be any number of things (except P5). Hell, even one of the Star Trek movies has featured a similar fishing boat. Perhaps once it's painted we'll get a better idea.

In an interesting note, Inside Universal (AKA, The Main Site of USHForums) has uploaded a rather intriguing video that is almost two hours long. I couldn't find where to properly put it, but considering that a huge chunk of it is within the Studio itself; I figured this may be the best place to place it.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/iPKec762xwk?feature=oembed

In perhaps one of the most intriguing videos released by Inside Universal, they have documented a large chunk of the journey that special guests can trek on, that being; the Universal Studios Hollywood VIP Experience.

And also from Inside Universal's last photo Update of August 20th, 2016, the new soundstages next to the Metropolitan Sets are progressing rather nicely.

29046510661_c2fbfdaa93_c.jpg

29018350332_c9724403cc_c.jpg

(Sources: YT Video (Above), IU Photo Update of August 20th, 2016 (Link Here!)

I hear that the ship is being used for Battleship Bismarck, a new Universal film. Not 100% certain though,

While in the park last week, I noticed that the gazebo in Courthouse Square was completely missing. Anyone know where it went or if it's returned?

I was in the park earlier today and there were chairs and tables set up in fro t of the courthouse, almost like a wedding reception or some similar kind of party. Whether it was for an internal NBCUniversal event or for filming, I don't know.

Considering this being the first of many, the soundstages do look good for what they'll be truly used for. Nethertheless, I can't wait to see work on the Red Sea go much quicker in the near future; plus the removal of quite a few SS's in the Lower Lot.

I was on the Studio Tour today and to my surprise right before the Tram went through Park Lake, the tour guide said that today (11/2) was the last day that trams would be going through it and we were one of the last to do it. 

It was supposed to be, but the Red Sea is operating today with its filling mechanism turned off. I'm told the closure date will occur very soon.

So I rode both the daytime tour and the night tour yesterday and both times we bypassed the picture cars and flash flood? Also Frankenstein was missing from the night tour. Was weird to me. Definitely was banking on my best friend being hit in the face by some water! lol

So I rode both the daytime tour and the night tour yesterday and both times we bypassed the picture cars and flash flood? Also Frankenstein was missing from the night tour. Was weird to me. Definitely was banking on my best friend being hit in the face by some water! lol

Not weird at all! They may have been doing a production on the backlot hence why they didn't do the flash flood. You'd be lucky if you ever see Franky, he's never there from experience. Another thing, the park was extremely crowded so maybe they tried to cut it short trying to make the line move faster. Either way, nothing is wrong.

Not weird at all! They may have been doing a production on the backlot hence why they didn't do the flash flood. You'd be lucky if you ever see Franky, he's never there from experience. Another thing, the park was extremely crowded so maybe they tried to cut it short trying to make the line move faster. Either way, nothing is wrong.

Yeah I figured it was maybe a crowd thing. It was only weird because having been on the night tour quite a few times before, it was the first time I hadn't seen the monster!