Studio Tour | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
25280141892_de973fc7cc.jpg

The trams have new signs on the doors for guests to see as they load that read, "Please Slide Across".

24771734513_94240d0b36.jpg

Also, I noticed these sitting behind the clocktower on Sunday.

Excluding Kong and Fast & Furious, what tour animation would you like to see Universal close next and replace it with something else?

I don't think a new animation necessitates another closure, but I'd like to see another large scale practical effects demonstration like Earthquake. It's fun watching something get destroyed only to get put back together again.

Oh, and bring back the cars on sticks.

Heh I didn't even notice the actual question Johnathan was asking, I want that prop warehouse drive-thru so bad  :lol:

Thinking about it, I'm not sure, honestly. I really want to see a return to a natural tour animation that organically comes out of the experience. Earthquake, original Kong, collapsing bridge and Jaws all play with surprise. Entering soundstages/hot sets, meeting a "celebrity", driving around the backlot and encountering an obstacle. I get that Universal thinks that guests don't want to deal with that hokey shenianigans anymore, but the fact is that they still do it and it's not like F&F is much more "realistic".

But I guess it's just not the 1970s anymore so...

Reactions: Jonathan
Wishful thinking: Get rid of KK 360 and put in an animation with Godzilla. Have it located where the Red Sea lake is or something to allow more room for practical effects. Then let us have Skull Island. :)

Agreed.... bring back the collapsing bridge and the old King Kong.... I dont like the new 3D stuff.... the dancing cars were so much more entertaining than the new 3D F&F thing.... 

I'm disappointed with the way Universal is going because all of those rides with 3D make me very sick. There are hardly any rides at the park that I actually enjoy.

Agreed.... bring back the collapsing bridge and the old King Kong.... I dont like the new 3D stuff.... the dancing cars were so much more entertaining than the new 3D F&F thing.... 

I'm disappointed with the way Universal is going because all of those rides with 3D make me very sick. There are hardly any rides at the park that I actually enjoy.

Well..you can't have old Kong as it was brought down by flames..

As for the Collapsing Bridge..thats what i'm curious of. Hasn't it been used in the past during the 2013-2015 operating seasons? I can be wrong though; but it seems like an animation that's a once in a lifetime thing to have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing totally exciting. They mentioned the underwater tank and had a short video about it. They called in the Fast and Furious car BEFORE wisteria lane. So there was more time before Agent Novak called back. I think there was new footage in the Fast and Furious part. I dont think they played the footage when Roman is checking out the cute girls on the tram. It was something different. It was the Letty and Roman talking about what was happening. This tour guide was also explaining things in much more detail during the whole tour.

Nothing totally exciting. They mentioned the underwater tank and had a short video about it. They called in the Fast and Furious car BEFORE wisteria lane. So there was more time before Agent Novak called back. I think there was new footage in the Fast and Furious part. I dont think they played the footage when Roman is checking out the cute girls on the tram. It was something different. It was the Letty and Roman talking about what was happening. This tour guide was also explaining things in much more detail during the whole tour.

They're alternate clips. They were there since day one. They'll play the shorter clip when there's less time for the tram to wait on going to the next room. If the tram has to wait longer, they'll play the longer clip.

Hmm interesting. .... this is my 5th time in 6 weeks on the tour and it has been exactly the same video until this last time... the tour itself has gone to different locations every time but the video has been the same.... cool... I was happy to see it changed up this time...

Reactions: Dylan Beck
Sooooo Orlando has that new fancy KONG 360 2.0 ride opening soon... with a fancy façade, a big AA figure, other scenic stuffs... an actual storyline... and meanwhile in Hollywood... we have....
GzbLFFC.jpg

Soooo time for an upgrade!? lol I mean really... Orlando gets fire, we get "foggy mist".. They get big double doors, we get... yea. <_<

Soooo while on the Studio Tour this past Wednesday... well.. I FINALLY got to experience the "not-so-drained" Parting of the Red Sea (will never stop calling it that, Kong set be damned. Bring back the Sweet Charity Bridge!)... but yea.. THIS!
osJZOfN.jpg

Reactions: KreepyKarpy