Studio Tour | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm interested to see how these rope lights look that outline the shape of the towers on the Studio Tour sign and the Lower Lot sign.  They didn't illuminate when it got dark Friday.

StudioTour_120415_1.jpg

Earthquake is open again.  Seems the same except that the tanker truck looks clean rather than caked in dust.  I think the electrical arc from the fallen telephone pole wasn't working either.  It so often isn't.

Little Europe is looking very nice.  There's a certain cohesion to the color scheme and I feel like there are more details being added or just getting better painted.  Look at the top edge of the buildings and you'll notice significant reconstruction going on.  The terra cotta-ish color building has it's windows removed and it looks like there's structural work happening inside.  I hope they're planning to preserve these historic structures for a long time.  Thank goodness Cafe Fleur isn't that deli mustard color anymore. 

StudioTour_120615_1.jpg
StudioTour_120615_2.jpg

The other side of the buildings is getting attention, too.  Nice to see that staircase get proper refurbishment.  Once everything is fixed up I think I might be interested in the VIP tour to get a closer look.  Of course I hope Hogsmeade will be part of it, too.

StudioTour_120615_3.jpg
StudioTour_120615_4.jpg

Reactions: BernardMesa
I'm curious if Little Europe is simply having a restoration project or if the facades are being worked on for an upcoming project. Either way, so great to see!

I'm so curious, however, what they'll end up doing with the nowdefunct Spartacus Square.

When I rode the Studio Tour yesterday, I noticed the fire effect on the tanker truck was MIA... that kinda disappointed me as I was in the 3rd car which is right next to it. Of course I was on the flash flood side, but still... disappointing to not have said fire.

I've got a few unique Courthouse Square pics.. I'll go through them after I eat & then post them :)

Went on the Studio Tour yesterday and out of nowhere the 3rd car was literally smoking... so we had to stop at the Voice stage for 10 or so minutes. Resumed the tour and 20 mins later we had a breakdown again because of the smoke. Finally after a quick reboot of the Tram Tour screens and the smoke being cleared, we were able to move along. Also, no Jaws.... saw that a tram was stuck in position, with some staff on their walkie talkies trying to figure out what the problem is.... so instead we took a stroll by the Desperate Housewives set (YAY!) 

A minor operational quibble: the DOWN escalator to the Tram queue area/loading zone has been under repair for the past two weekends. In fact, I've seen workers actively making repairs both weekends too. It seems like a serious issue if they're taking this long to fix it--and have workers on the weekend too. Does anyone know what the problem is? Forcing guests to walk down the stairs is a little inconvenient for some of the older guests. And sometimes there's a log jam when guests leaving the Studio Tour decide to walk up the stairs instead of using the UP escalator. Just curious.

Otherwise, my Studio Tour today was pretty good. Almost all of the effects were working--the lone exception being the fire for the tanker truck in Earthquake.

Space nearly cleared.

StudioTour_011616_1.jpg

Little Europe coming along.  I'm really looking forward to the final product.  There were times that--as a local and someone who works in entertainment--I was embarrassed by the condition of these sets.  I don't like out-of-towners thinking "Hollywood" doesn't care. 

StudioTour_011616_2.jpg
StudioTour_011616_3.jpg

The memory foam seats didn't last long....

23924519193_aee4a4344b_k.jpg
Last time I saw the cushions, there were chunks taken out of it with exposed foam.