State of USH - What's Next? | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

State of USH - What's Next?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Man I really hate paywall articles LOL

But I just saw the title so yeah. If they don't announce it tomorrow then IDK if it will be a house tbh.
ah sorry about that; here's the relevant bit:

So when the game was optioned and set to be turned into a major movie, it was only natural that Cawthon wanted to be involved in almost every aspect of the production.

“There is no amount of money you could have offered Scott up front to say, ‘Let us have the rights to FNaF and we’ll invite you to the premiere,’” said Jason Blum, the producer of the “Five Nights at Freddy’s” movie, which comes out in theaters and on Peacock this week. “He would never, ever have done it.”

Scott Cawthon, the game’s creator, was heavily involved with the writing and casting of “Five Nights at Freddy’s,” which opens this week.

It is unusual for an artist without experience in the movie business to be so involved in an adaptation of his work. And Blum acknowledged that Cawthon’s involvement, in everything from casting the characters to co-writing the script, led to creative disagreements with the studio.

“It was a very, very complicated process,” Blum said. “Sometimes it was difficult. Scott would say this director isn’t going to work or that writer isn’t going to work.”

He accommodated Cawthon’s vision partly because he believed in it. But Blum, who called Cawthon a genius, said he had also sensed that in important creative matters, he did not really have a choice.

“It became clear that if I pushed it,” Blum said, “he was going to throw me off the movie, too.”

Universal: "Oh really?" *Write Scott Cawthon a hefty check*

Scott: "Hmmmm....actually we can recreate the pizzaria for HHN."
Well, could be possible. The movie did insane numbers and with 2 more on the way, maybe he would have a change of heart.

Also would you really want John murdy to design a FNAF maze, a game where it’s literally black walls and jump scares…. We would just be walking into dark hallways with them jumping out at us, and we can’t complain because it’s literally gameplay

• Haha
Reactions: Wesker69
I could be wrong but think sadly what they are talking about is the Blumhouse show we have now

Would love to be wrong but besides HHN neat year (which is now soon), I don't think we will see them in the park unless they put the costumes up somewhere for people to see...or unless they make the old walking dead house into something
The fact that this article says will instead of currently makes me hope that FNAF gets more representation at HHN 2024. Maybe (wishful thinking) they can do a FNAF experience in the DWT that actually takes advantage of the projection tech the venue has in the preshow (the hammer in the case effect) and the main theater.

Reactions: joerodriguez
The fact that this article says will instead of currently makes me hope that FNAF gets more representation at HHN 2024. Maybe (wishful thinking) they can do a FNAF experience in the DWT that actually takes advantage of the projection tech the venue has in the preshow (the hammer in the case effect) and the main theater.
I would loveeee a FNAF show. I think it will be a house mainly because I bet they got enough crowds that making DWT a pre show for upcoming movies and having props is cheaper.

I'd loveeeee to be wrong but Universal seems to be moving away from shows, so think a house will be what we get....but once again am very down for a show

The Hilton hotel expansion at Universal Studios Hollywood looks to have been slightly redesigned and resubmitted to city officials for approval.

The Hilton hotel expansion at Universal Studios Hollywood looks to have been slightly redesigned and resubmitted to city officials for approval.

Still ugly :(

• Haha
Reactions: Jerroddragon
If this isn't the "correct thread" to discuss this, I apologize. I just wanted to find a place to talk about this without having to start a new thread that would probably die off after a couple of weeks. With that said....

I've just seen ads on my computer for SWSD doing a Mardi Gras event and I know Castle Park does that as well. With UO doing their big Mardi Gras event, I don't know why USH doesn't follow suit as well. I think it would do great having a bunch of New Orleans and International foods around the park to enjoy. Is there a reason USH doesn't do a Mardi Gras event?

USH just doesn't seem interested in events

Maybe its budget but the fact we didn't even see a menu change for Lunar New Years this year (literally the year of the Dragon and Kung Fu panda 4 is out in 2 months) to me is insane

I don't need events to be huge but I really would like to understand why the Plaza hub isn't used more for events.....Lunar New years could lead into Mardi Gras

No Nintendo themed event....or Dreamworks...or heck Harry Potter which is insane how after all these years is there not like a a few weeks where we have en event around Potter? Along with things like even doing "classic" events at the park and having food and merch based on Jaws....Back to the Future...ET...etc. Classic Monster Events...Minions events? The list goes on and I know people will say budget but in theory these events make bank....I don't think DCA (which gets around same amount of guests as USH) would do all these food events if they didn't make profits and they can start small and do more later and see what works but...yeah USH seems to have no interest in events

It's a shame that the USH park President feels it's not necessary to bring more special events to the park. Look at how well HHN and Grinchmas does to attract crowds to the park. Why couldn't a Mardi Gras or a Back to the Future themed annual event not also be a big hit too?

It's a shame that the USH park President feels it's not necessary to bring more special events to the park. Look at how well HHN and Grinchmas does to attract crowds to the park. Why couldn't a Mardi Gras or a Back to the Future themed annual event not also be a big hit too?
I mean they also own IP that are huge or fit certain themes...Panda with Lunar New Years.....or say Puss in Boots having a Fiesta Party around cinco de mayo.

Also Back to the Future having a 50's night themed where you can dance where it's themed to "The Enchantment Under The Sea Dance" would also I think do well.

The AP nights did pretty well and New Years is packed...along with Grinchmas and HHN doing very well it makes little sense to me why they don't want to at least try things....It's LA people are always looking for limited time events

I thought the whole purpose of Universal Plaza was to have it as an event type space.

They've used it to promote IPs in the past (Fast & Furious, DreamWorks, Laika) with photo-ops. Hell, back when Furious 7 (or 8) was coming out, they had the "Pit Crew Dancers". 4 girls who'd dance, then photo-op.

That little TROLLS photo-op spot across from Donkey was supposed to actually be a much bigger thing. Apparently they had planned to do a full-on TROLLS "event"/overlay to promote the movie. Unfortunately it was a victim of budget cuts & reduced to a backdrop.

I don't care what anyone says, Lunar New Year was a great event & it grew each year! Was disappointed when they stopped having Woody Woodpecker & Curious George in their LNY outfits. (Allegedly it'd take focus away from Kung Fu Panda). Mr Ping's was a success. They had traditional Chinese Theatre acts & Lion dancers. Only to be reduced to a H&D overlay, now just lame Minion merch. *SIGH*

As for Mardi Gras, it'd honestly only end up as a food festival here due to the lack of parade ability. Not to mention no concert venue/space. Although if the fuzzy park characters got MG outfits, it'd make up for the lack of parade. Just include a few stilts. If they made the food booths "themed" as parade floats, that could work.

I thought the whole purpose of Universal Plaza was to have it as an event type space.

They've used it to promote IPs in the past (Fast & Furious, DreamWorks, Laika) with photo-ops. Hell, back when Furious 7 (or 8) was coming out, they had the "Pit Crew Dancers". 4 girls who'd dance, then photo-op.

That little TROLLS photo-op spot across from Donkey was supposed to actually be a much bigger thing. Apparently they had planned to do a full-on TROLLS "event"/overlay to promote the movie. Unfortunately it was a victim of budget cuts & reduced to a backdrop.

I don't care what anyone says, Lunar New Year was a great event & it grew each year! Was disappointed when they stopped having Woody Woodpecker & Curious George in their LNY outfits. (Allegedly it'd take focus away from Kung Fu Panda). Mr Ping's was a success. They had traditional Chinese Theatre acts & Lion dancers. Only to be reduced to a H&D overlay, now just lame Minion merch. *SIGH*

As for Mardi Gras, it'd honestly only end up as a food festival here due to the lack of parade ability. Not to mention no concert venue/space. Although if the fuzzy park characters got MG outfits, it'd make up for the lack of parade. Just include a few stilts. If they made the food booths "themed" as parade floats, that could work.
Agreed and I thought that is why it was down last year to prepare it to be used for more events

We are getting a new major event this year, and there were three other events (including Mardi Gras) on that survey that may still come to fruition. It wouldn’t surprise me if we see a new yearly event next year. USH is definitely interested in expanding their events lineup

We are getting a new major event this year, and there were three other events (including Mardi Gras) on that survey that may still come to fruition. It wouldn’t surprise me if we see a new yearly event next year. USH is definitely interested in expanding their events lineup
I trust this site it will be a big event but Disneyland and sea world laid out the entire years plan

So would like to that next year just communication on at least when events are happening at the park

I trust this site it will be a big event but Disneyland and sea world laid out the entire years plan

So would like to that next year just communication on at least when events are happening at the park
So you’re switching what you’re complaining about now. But frankly that’s just not how Universal rolls across the board. Horror Nights, new attraction, whatever, Universal doesn’t like to give too much of a heads up and that seems to work pretty well for them, I don’t mind it too much as it gives us more time to speculate. But this isn’t a USH Entertainment specific thing