State of USH - What's Next? | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

State of USH - What's Next?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So you’re switching what you’re complaining about now. But frankly that’s just not how Universal rolls across the board. Horror Nights, new attraction, whatever, Universal doesn’t like to give too much of a heads up and that seems to work pretty well for them, I don’t mind it too much as it gives us more time to speculate. But this isn’t a USH Entertainment specific thing
First they would need events to tell us about....so its two things

1) have events to draw more people in and make more money (once again I doubt DCA does it and isn't making bank and since they have around the same amount of guests not a bad idea to try....over not trying anything new
2) Just because it's not what USH does now doesn't mean it has to continue. USH was just a tram tour, then they added some showsm then big rides like Jurassic, then we got more attractions around USH, then we got Potter and now we have Nintendo....and each time they have tried new things the Park has only made more money and gotten more guests. So USH today might like to keep things close to the vest but doesn't mean it's a bad idea to do something new

Plus, something to keep their passholders coming back. I was surprised by how many people around me entering the park last month were passholders.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Well I’d be surprised they’d want to keep transformers and simpsons when they have other Ips that make more and some of which they are making movies of

So sounds like Nintendo in the lower lot

As for more HP, where? Unless simpsons is becoming the Howard’s express

Interesting response by Alicia to Peter's tweets:

Now that's a spicy meatball!

I suspect there might be something to the Hogwarts Express coming. I know that's been a rumor for a while. I'm thinking back to @AlexanderMBush 's post about him hearing they want to move the Studio Tour back down to the lower lot. Well now that rumor would make a lot more sense. With the tram out of the way, now you got room for the Hogwarts Express.

As for Transformers, when does that contract expire? I imagine whatever replaces it is going to be an overlay. I also think it won't be in 3D and focus a little more on practical effects.
Well I’d be surprised they’d want to keep transformers and simpsons when they have other Ips that make more and some of which they are making movies of

So sounds like Nintendo in the lower lot

As for more HP, where? Unless simpsons is becoming the Howard’s express
I love how there's some fairly legitimate rumors of more Nintendo in the lower lot and your response is "Eh okay". I figured you would be more excited. lol

The only logical place I see for a Potter expansion is Falls Lake. I just hope if we get Diagon, we'll get a version of Gringott's adjusted without 3D.

I’ve heard of the Hogwarts Express rumor before and this is going to be very very controversial…

I do not want it at USH. It does not fit at USH. It is pointless at USH.

There are better uses for a people mover serving solely for the expansion of a land constricted by IP at Hollywood.

But I can only speak for myself.

I’ve heard of the Hogwarts Express rumor before and this is going to be very very controversial…

I do not want it at USH. It does not fit at USH. It is pointless at USH.

There are better uses for a people mover serving solely for the expansion of a land constricted by IP at Hollywood.

But I can only speak for myself.
As someone who wouldn't be mad at it possibly happening, I actually understand.

But let's say it's actually happening, and this is going to bring people to and from a theoretical expansion pad at Falls Lake. What else would possibly go there that would use a people mover attraction?

Reactions: chris.g
Now that's a spicy meatball!

I suspect there might be something to the Hogwarts Express coming. I know that's been a rumor for a while. I'm thinking back to @AlexanderMBush 's post about him hearing they want to move the Studio Tour back down to the lower lot. Well now that rumor would make a lot more sense. With the tram out of the way, now you got room for the Hogwarts Express.

As for Transformers, when does that contract expire? I imagine whatever replaces it is going to be an overlay. I also think it won't be in 3D and focus a little more on practical effects.

I love how there's some fairly legitimate rumors of more Nintendo in the lower lot and your response is "Eh okay". I figured you would be more excited. lol

The only logical place I see for a Potter expansion is Falls Lake. I just hope if we get Diagon, we'll get a version of Gringott's adjusted without 3D.
That is some very interesting stuff. Hopefully Alicia drops a video soon. Simpsons leaving is not a surprise, but Transformers going has surprised me. If this rumor is legit, I wonder what Nintendo IP will replace Transformers?

If they decide to put something Potter related in Falls Lake, I am going to hedge a bet that it won't be Diagon considering how by the time this hypothetical Potter land opens it could very well be 14-15 years after Orlando got it. It could be the Ministry of Magic from EU or maybe something entirely different.

I honestly don't see the point of expanding Potter. It would be excessive for a park like USH. Stop trying to kill "Jaws The Revenge Lake", kill Supercharged first. That's the real enemy!

Hogwarts Express could honestly be built as a simulator & you wouldn't lose out on the experience. Just let the Potterrail be an Orlando exclusive, it's not that special & you still get to take pics with the engine in Hogsmeade!

While I'd rather see Simpsons be dealt with first, they're going to want to do something with the Lower Lot after the coaster opens. Adding more Nintendo would be like adding more Potter. Variety is vital for USH. Interesting that Transformers is being rumored for the chopping block but not Mumny.

Hogwarts Express feels extremely unnecessary--and my mind thinks the current moves being made with the FJ lockers hinder it (unless if Forbidden Journey's queue gets completely redone).
Just curious as to why you think it would be necessary if it would go out to Falls Lake. Haven’t heard anything about that, I just figured that would be the best place.

If this was going to the lower lot, which I hope it isn’t as that would be a waste when you could put it out at Falls, I could see how it would be unnecessary.

Gonna be honest, I’m mixed about the Potter rumor. If it happens and it goes to Falls Lake, I’m gonna shrug my shoulders and say “why not”. If it’s coming to the lower lot….oooof talk about blowing all of that potential space at once.

I'd also think with how profitable Nintendo has been--expansion does and should make sense...but once again even if I know Chris G will say no; I wonder if Hollywood looks intensely close to the performance of Pokemon when Orlando and Osaka open theirs.

Just curious as to why you think it would be necessary if it would go out to Falls Lake. Haven’t heard anything about that, I just figured that would be the best place.

If this was going to the lower lot, which I hope it isn’t as that would be a waste when you could put it out at Falls, I could see how it would be unnecessary.
There is still a good amount of space for the park to work with in the coming decade. Be if you talk about Mummy/SS15-SS24, Parisian, or the current Studio Tour Plaza; ontop of Springfield--I would think they'd rather focus on honing in on what is already there with the park itself before going further into the backlot.

Reactions: TheUniC6
My brain is rusty with SS numbers, are the ones in question for demo/expansion behind Nintendo near SS12 or behind 29 around to Mummy? With all the shuffle backstage I haven't kept track.

My brain is rusty with SS numbers, are the ones in question for demo/expansion behind Nintendo near SS12 or behind 29 around to Mummy? With all the shuffle backstage I haven't kept track.
The ones slated for demolition (or atleast, the park fully claiming the area) once the Red Sea is complete--are Soundstages 16 to 24 and the adjacent rehearsal hall next to Mummy.

If for mentioning HHN venues, think where The Exorcist: Believer was this year.

Reactions: Wesker69
Ah okay... yea, a lot of land. Can we just build Dark Universe instead & call it a day?

and I miss the Parting of the Red Sea :sob: That attraction was nerve-wracking lol.. will the tram flood? will the barriers release? Is the CFTBL going to pop up for a JAWS-like scare!?

Reactions: Jamesh22
Ah okay... yea, a lot of land. Can we just build Dark Universe instead & call it a day?

and I miss the Parting of the Red Sea :sob: That attraction was nerve-wracking lol.. will the tram flood? will the barriers release? Is the CFTBL going to pop up for a JAWS-like scare!?
Will the giant duck swim by that shows the ship from King Kong is really a miniature?

• Haha
Reactions: Wesker69
Also so we have the two other rumors as well

The one where the Tram moves and the other being a new ride in the upper lot where the courtyard is.

So if they really are going to start after F&F is done...they have lots to be doing in those two years after

But I'm not hyping my self up too much until I see walls up, reason is DK was very heavily rumored and then rumored to no longer be coming...since then I'm in more bluesky mode then anything else because until they start working on the next project...I still feel like USH has no idea where they are going...I thibk they have a lot of ideas and not sure which will come up and start being worked on now which is important because they may want more Nintendo but what if they don't start working on it up Pokemon is done to see which they rather focus on next here at USH?

Also they won't but.....if they could just somehow use the Dreamworks theater for the Train ride, I'd be all for it. But with the New York sets next to it just being redone...I doubt it mainly because I think they would need to use that space as well for extra theaters for the train ride.

Now they could go downstairs for more Potter but....to make the a new land for the train? That would be to me an insane investment you think they'd want a re E ticket for another Harry Potter area