State of USH - What's Next? | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

State of USH - What's Next?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
lol
USH is making bank and could easily afford it but then the CEO would only be able to go on 10 vacations a year instead of 11

Speaking of projection rides no idea what’s happening with the Ops on these attractions. DE was only using one theater this morning and only two rows in one theater when I went.

I’ll have photos below but WTF is the purpose of these projection rides if you’re not loading all cars and all theaters available? It would be like of not filling every vehicle on MK/SLOP for no reason.
Just these kinda things make me mad with how much money the park is making and HHN is also expensive as hell, yet they let their own IP die as potter and Nintendo are held to a better standard.
IMG_5429.jpeg
IMG_5428.jpeg

Reactions: Jamesh22
lol
USH is making bank and could easily afford it but then the CEO would only be able to go on 10 vacations a year instead of 11

Speaking of projection rides no idea what’s happening with the Ops on these attractions. DE was only using one theater this morning and only two rows in one theater when I went.

I’ll have photos below but WTF is the purpose of these projection rides if you’re not loading all cars and all theaters available? It would be like of not filling every vehicle on MK/SLOP for no reason.
Just these kinda things make me mad with how much money the park is making and HHN is also expensive as hell, yet they let their own IP die as potter and Nintendo are held to a better standard.
View attachment 19785
View attachment 19786

Okay, yeah, that's beyond unacceptable. What was the line like?

Okay, yeah, that's beyond unacceptable. What was the line like?
It said 20 mins when we got in line and when we got off said 50 mins

I didn’t time it but definitely over 30 mins and for me if they are having an issue, I can understand but please have cast warn people getting in line that the loading process is slower then normal

I get things happen but communication is what I’d like in situations like this

How dare you. You've fallen hook, line, and sinker for their propaganda. That's just their excuse to unnecessarily jack up prices, they're using the workers as scapegoats. If you're defending that viewpoint, I don't know what to tell you. When workers get a livable wage, everyone is better off, plain and simple. If anyone's to blame for the problems, look at the top. They're more than happy to screw us over if they get the chance.

Alright, I'll step off my soapbox now.

Good it didn't pass. Could you imagine the price of admission and food to cover the cost of labor?
Wow, crazy that the first thing you think of when hearing about people making a living wage in a VERY EXPENSIVE state (and very expensive area of the state) is how much you will be paying for admission. If I knew TM's were making more money i'd happily pay more if that was the tradeoff that had to be made when I go.

Did you know that the minimum at UOR is higher than at USH by $2? This is soon to be $3 with Disney going up to an $18 minimum in December (which inevitably means UOR will increase). Florida is a state with no state income tax, gas is half the price as California, and housing (while the prices have skyrocketed) is still cheaper. In Florida I couldn't live off of a $15 minimum anymore, I couldn't imagine trying to have to do it in California.

$25/hour is more than fair to keep up with cost of living.

Wow, crazy that the first thing you think of when hearing about people making a living wage in a VERY EXPENSIVE state (and very expensive area of the state) is how much you will be paying for admission. If I knew TM's were making more money i'd happily pay more if that was the tradeoff that had to be made when I go.

Did you know that the minimum at UOR is higher than at USH by $2? This is soon to be $3 with Disney going up to an $18 minimum in December (which inevitably means UOR will increase). Florida is a state with no state income tax, gas is half the price as California, and housing (while the prices have skyrocketed) is still cheaper. In Florida I couldn't live off of a $15 minimum anymore, I couldn't imagine trying to have to do it in California.

Basically got that Disney deal. In simple terms, newer employees got a raise to 18$ I think it’s the minimum you can make now. Any “veteran” workers who meeet the hours worked threshold will see the 24$, this is all of course not at once. At least not the 24$ an hour. They also got backpay, different point system, and other stuff like I said QOL. These raises also have time frames. I believe the 18$ goes into effect pretty soon, either this year or January 1st. The 24$ an hour raise will be reached next year, January 2025

I'd definitely push this back on Universal.
Happy well paid team members = better quality of staff and happy guests.
They are making more money than ever and a pay rise does not have to lead to higher prices.

I'd definitely push this back on Universal.
Happy well paid team members = better quality of staff and happy guests.
They are making more money than ever and a pay rise does not have to lead to higher prices.
It shouldn’t, but how else will they continue to show “record profits” to Wall Street? It should be obvious to anyone that that’s not a healthy way to run a company, of course.

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
I mean I could break wrong and maybe they will somehow do it

But I highly doubt USH makes more money next year over this year

They opened a new land and while next year will out perform 2022, I doubt it will top this year and there lies the issue with how companies are being run and the impossible goal of always making more money

If your profitable at all it should be a great thing but now success is based on growing rather than making good profits each year

Also Id willing pay more of it was ment for CMs but it’s not and never has or will be. It’s the age of the internet and we have data to back up workers wages have almost nothing to do with raising prices

I mean I could break wrong and maybe they will somehow do it

But I highly doubt USH makes more money next year over this year

They opened a new land and while next year will out perform 2022, I doubt it will top this year and there lies the issue with how companies are being run and the impossible goal of always making more money

If your profitable at all it should be a great thing but now success is based on growing rather than making good profits each year

Also Id willing pay more of it was ment for CMs but it’s not and never has or will be. It’s the age of the internet and we have data to back up workers wages have almost nothing to do with raising prices
I recall looking back at Hollywoods' attendance during past decades. The impression I got was the parks' attendance really spiked when they opened big new attractions, more so than most other theme parks. But then, their attendance in the next year or two had a fairly large drop. Seemed like that was the parks' MO. Curious on whether that continues. Guess we'll see.