Soarin' Around the World | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Soarin' Around the World

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A thought on why Concourse A might be closed - to program the Epcot and DCA endings. Yes the new film is done, but that part didn't need to be in order for Shanghai to open.
I think you're along the right path... I definitely think it being closed has something to do with the new film.

Reactions: Ryno27
Fastpass+ at Disney, so often, doesn't live up to it's name. It seemed like the FP lines on the E tickets were generally as long as stand by lines on other attractions when we spent 2 weeks at WDW last October.

Soarin always takes forever because of the longer shows. They send you down the concourse where you wait for 1 show to end, then you get into the pr-show stalls where then you wait for another show to end, before you get in. It is the slowest ride when it comes to fast pass times. When we do rider swap if it is before 7 PM the other person goes on The Land. I wish they would leave The land ride open past 7 PM, it just would make sense to do this so that people with young kids have SOMETHING to do. Or put a little play area where the FP distribution used to be. I always see a ton of kids bored or running around causing trouble. It is the only one where it is a problem and I think it is because of the long period of time even with FP it takes and the kids are there for 2 parents to ride, which means double that wait.

So the weird wall of construction in the land is an elevator. My guess is it is for the 3rd theater and might have to do with handicapped exit is my guess.

Reactions: Ryno27
I'm amazed they didnt put a store in the old FP distribution area.
Yeah, it's just a giant, empty area with some benches. Plenty of room for a solid store. Merchandising would just need to come up with some new products that are worth buying and boom, new source of revenue.

I wish they would get rid of the screens in this ride and replace them with practical, AA-filled sets. Until then, I'm not going back to Disney.
I know right! It makes me sick having to ride 3D simulators, they're getting old Disney.

I wish they would get rid of the screens in this ride and replace them with practical, AA-filled sets. Until then, I'm not going back to Disney.
Now you're just over-compensating.

Why can't some of you just admit that Universal is overly screen reliant? Each ride individually is from good to great, but if you try to do them all in a day, it's very repetitive and wears on your eyes. I love Uni. I love Disney. The point I always make is Disney has variety (you can actually tell many rides are individually unique from each other). They utilize both screen based and practical sets, as well as a few mixed attractions. Universal doesn't really change up the experience much... it's all motion/screen based. Aside from the coasters.

I'm done.

Why can't some of you just admit that Universal is overly screen reliant? Each ride individually is from good to great, but if you try to do them all in a day, it's very repetitive and wears on your eyes. I love Uni. I love Disney. The point I always make is Disney has variety (you can actually tell many rides are individually unique from each other). They utilize both screen based and practical sets, as well as a few mixed attractions. Universal doesn't really change up the experience much... it's all motion/screen based. Aside from the coasters.

I'm done.
He's right.

I do have to say.. that at least Epcot has been doing okay at updating their screen-based attractions and that's pretty much what they've been selling as new lately. Soarin', Turtle Talk, the Pixar shorts. I wonder if Universal will consider doing this to breathe new life into any of their screen attractions soon.

I do have to say.. that at least Epcot has been doing okay at updating their screen-based attractions and that's pretty much what they've been selling as new lately. Soarin', Turtle Talk, the Pixar shorts. I wonder if Universal will consider doing this to breathe new life into any of their screen attractions soon.
Well I heard Terminator 3D updated their preshow

I'm done.

It's a joke from another thread, probably drawn out too much but yeah.

Now you know how I feel every time the topic comes up.

Reactions: Nick
It's a joke from another thread, probably drawn out too much but yeah.

Now you know how I feel every time the topic comes up.
I'd prefer not to talk about it too because I feel the ensuing conversations are just annoying, but it's not complaining, it's constructive criticism. I dont mind screens for attractions, but I just want to see Uni move past motion bases.

Anyway, back to Soarin'

I'm done.
I mean, I actually agree with you, but I still thought the previous post was funny.