Soarin' Around the World | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Soarin' Around the World

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anyone get a chance to view the tiers with soarin and frozen active?

My account still thinks I work there and only gives me 7 days out :p

Won't know until tomorrow. 30 days out only brings you to the 20th not the 21st. That is why I said yesterday they did it so resort guests will get first choice on everything before AP holders.

I can say the system is being HAMMERED right now. After many stupid broken snowman I finally was able to switch two fast passes around on the 12th and get fast passes for soarin. Sheesh. Based on how busy it is I have a feeling fast passes for Frozen are going to be pretty limited by the time AP holders get a crack at them. I have never seen the fast pass system this bad before.

My guess is that based on the 20th tier that it will be Illuminations, Soarin, Test Track, and Frozen. Moving Living with the Land out of the top tier.

Last edited:
Took a trip to Epcot today. Went into The Land to ride Living with the Land and on our way out, I saw this apparent bridge/connection that has yet to open. It was located just above Soarin', so I wonder if it has to do with the new theatre or will be a FP+ exclusive entrance to the ride?

theland_zpszwvuineu.jpeg

Took a trip to Epcot today. Went into The Land to ride Living with the Land and on our way out, I saw this apparent bridge/connection that has yet to open. It was located just above Soarin', so I wonder if it has to do with the new theatre or will be a FP+ exclusive entrance to the ride?

theland_zpszwvuineu.jpeg

Well noticed this same thing, fresh drywall and wasn't finished yet. We were trying to figure out what it was for.

Reactions: Nick
If I were a betting man, I'd place money on it being a new exit to the ride.
That wouldn't make much sense from a business perspective, would it? The current exit drops you off right in the middle of a food court where there's money to be made.

Reactions: IzzyB

(Sorry in advance) SCREENZZ!!! DISNEY CAN'T DO WRONG!!

also, Soarin re-opened today for the limited engagement event; but with only two theatres open and not the third theatre..with the wait times going as usual; over a hundred minutes

..atleast they have cupcakes!

Reactions: Ryno27
Wow, hoping 3rd theater opens soon. And that cupcake does not look nearly as yummy as the dark vader one in DHS. It looks kind of sad to be honest with you.

Reactions: Scott W.
Hmmm the transitions are an interesting choice..I don't know I guess the hard cuts just happened so fast that they kept me 'in' the ride a bit more..

This also feels longer, but is actually shorter than the original

In a way i'll say this.

To me, the amount of CGI in this version compared to the original version is to me..appalling.

Especially when you notice one scene in particular, it was entirely CGI and it came off really bad. Part of me wishes hope for it; but the other has me hoping that DCA gets back its SOC film.

I rode the Over California version today. Concourse A was still closed... I went on Concourse C. The pre-show was most definitely the California version as Patrick specifically calls it "Soarin' Over California" where before they cut it so he just says "Soarin'".

I'll add that it was a 60 min wait stand-by with the 2 theatres, which bodes well for wait times when all theatres are open. Even having FP though, I ended up waiting about 20-25 min. I forgot how slow you move once you get sent down the concourse hallway. Anyway, the film quality was terrific and all the effects seemed to work. Looking forward to seeing SOTW in a few weeks.

Reactions: Ryno27