Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 614 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Have the wait times improved at all? Last we were there was September.
Usually anywhere from 30 - 60 minutes on slow/moderate days and up to 60-120 minutes on a busy day. (Averages from Touring Plan app).....Plus, IOA is back to being the designated early entry park, so the lines are there in the mornings again.

Last edited:
Was 75 minutes yesterday around 3:00pm but it ended up being about 60. Kudos to the team member that told us we could ride again if the tram did not go outdoors (it didn't). We really appreciated it and the outdoor experience really added to the ride IMO. Was wondering why every vehicle does not do outdoor track???

As for the ride itself....decent not great. I actually think that the screen portions are better than the physical set pieces. It's fun but it's no Forbidden Journey or Gringotts. What happened to poor Kate? I think that the storyline could have been improved. Kong himself is good but it all seems a bit "look at our huge animatronic...ain't he something?" I was also expecting more from the que.....that might have been the most diappointing thing of all. The witch gets on my nerves after a while.

Was 75 minutes yesterday around 3:00pm but it ended up being about 60. Kudos to the team member that told us we could ride again if the tram did not go outdoors (it didn't). We really appreciated it and the outdoor experience really added to the ride IMO. Was wondering why every vehicle does not do outdoor track???

As for the ride itself....decent not great. I actually think that the screen portions are better than the physical set pieces. It's fun but it's no Forbidden Journey or Gringotts. What happened to poor Kate? I think that the storyline could have been improved. Kong himself is good but it all seems a bit "look at our huge animatronic...ain't he something?" I was also expecting more from the que.....that might have been the most diappointing thing of all. The witch gets on my nerves after a while.

Agree, the witch's spiel should be longer because I must've heard it four times through last time I rode.

Hey guys, we're making a trip to Orlando in a couple of weeks - my son is terrified of spiders, we've perfected when he's to look away while riding Harry Potter (we learned the hard way), but can someone tell me if and when there's anything like that on Kong? Thanks!

Hey guys, we're making a trip to Orlando in a couple of weeks - my son is terrified of spiders, we've perfected when he's to look away while riding Harry Potter (we learned the hard way), but can someone tell me if and when there's anything like that on Kong? Thanks!
Towards the very end of the 360 screen scene there's a giant spider on your right on screen. So, if you get him to look left at the end of the 360 room, he'll never see it. Do it like that and both of you will be able to ride & enjoy......and....Welcome to OU. :thumbsup:

Reactions: JoeCamel
Towards the very end of the 360 screen scene there's a giant spider on your right on screen. So, if you get him to look left at the end of the 360 room, he'll never see it. Do it like that and both of you will be able to ride & enjoy......and....Welcome to OU. :thumbsup:
Thanks Mad Dog! I heard there was some sort of giant crab type thing too? Is this true? I want to make sure we steer him away from anything that's spider-like to avoid any hassle. Really appreciate the help!

Reactions: Coasted
Thanks Mad Dog! I heard there was some sort of giant crab type thing too? Is this true? I want to make sure we steer him away from anything that's spider-like to avoid any hassle. Really appreciate the help!

Yep in the first scene Kate gets snatched and the second scene in the bug pit she gets hauled away by a crab/spider thing

Reactions: Mad Dog
See Joe Camel's post.... but there's so much going on at one time on two sides that it's easy to miss things. I didn't notice the giant spider until my fourth or fifth ride & it's huge. :)....Now, when you're in the cavern, the second screen, which is on your right, has giant bugs with shark like mouths.

Half of the ride involves massive bug type creatures attacking the expedition. I suggest watching a Video of the ride if you think your child might not be able to handle it.

...One point though....Before the attraction opened word was that the ride would be too scary for young kids.....But, and I rode it twenty times, I rarely saw a child scared by any of the creatures in the queue or on the ride....Example: In the queue there's one of the giant bug (with shark like teeth) AA's in a glass cage. I saw little kids go up to it, put their faces to the glass, and laugh at the "so called scary" bug. Surprised me no end.

Reactions: JoeCamel and Skold
Yep in the first scene Kate gets snatched and the second scene in the bug pit she gets hauled away by a crab/spider thing
See Joe Camel's post.... but there's so much going on at one time on two sides that it's easy to miss things. I didn't notice the giant spider until my fourth or fifth ride & it's huge. :)....Now, when you're in the cavern, the second screen, which is on your right, has giant bugs with shark like mouths.

Thanks guys - so crab thing on the left in the cavern and giant spider on the right during the 360 screen near the end. That's good to know! I'll end up mixing these up and terrifying the little guy :lol:

...One point though....Before the attraction opened word was that the ride would be too scary for young kids.....But, and I rode it twenty times, I rarely saw a child scared by any of the creatures in the queue or on the ride....Example: In the queue there's one of the giant bug (with shark like teeth) AA's in a glass cage. I saw little kids go up to it, put their faces to the glass, and laugh at the "so called scary" bug. Surprised me no end.
Slugs and shark teeth he's okay with, but he seems to have a huge phobia of anything thats crab/spider-like. Judging by what I've read and seen I might need to avoid this one. The first time we rode Forbidden Journey was something else when we enter the scene with the spiders, might be better for him if he sits this one out. His sister has no problem though, so hopefully I can ride it with her while he hangs out with mum. :lmao:

20!

i thought 7 0r 8 made me hardcore! :p