Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

HQ concept art looks incredible. I hope the dense jungle and creepy atmosphere comes through into the final product. The details like the skulls on spikes look awesome as well - we've been missing a good pile of skulls somewhere since the original DD queue was ripped out!

Gonna repost the video and poster here as well!

340-poster-blog.jpg

[video=youtube;7GMrji6rp-4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GMrji6rp-4[/video]

litttttttttttttt!

I'm not complaining already but, as dope as everything else looks, the CG ride footage in the announcement video is dreadful and cheesy. I really hope the entire 360 sequence doesn't look like that, if so
hw_HCw.png

Last edited:
Based on the look of the vehicles I have two quick guesses:
1. The majority of the action will be taking place beside or behind us (since the front of the vehicle partially obscures any view in front of us)
2. We will never see the driver in person but they will be using a similar effect to the dump truck driver in Spiderman or the main three on HE.

It's not just a 3D ride. This attraction pretty much combines all of the major advances in theme park technology of the past decade into one massive attraction. From completely immersive atmospheres, massive sets, state of the art trackless ride vehicles, advanced animatronics, seem-less multimedia integration, effects never seen before, and a face to face encounter with Kong himself in the flesh. It's going to be EPIC!!!

Those ride vehicles are exactly what I was hoping for. I can't wait to see that Kong mouth opening take shape on the attraction building.

Fox have interviewed Mike West he said

Riding in the largest vehicle ever created for this type of attraction by Universal—an oversized 72-seat truck-- guests will enter the multi-faceted trip through a 70-foot high wall into the depths of Kong’s jungle. Though West wouldn’t give exact specifications on the size of the attraction, he noted that it will contain indoor and outdoor segments and is gearing up to be one of the biggest facilities ever built by the entertainment giant.

“I don’t know the total time from start to finish, but I do know it will be one of the longest rides we’ve every done,”

I want to see more than just concept art. I never considered the action happening behind us, but definitely beside us. Think there'll be screens? If there isn't a massive AA Kong in there, I'll be disappointed.

Based on the look of the vehicles I have two quick guesses:
1. The majority of the action will be taking place beside or behind us (since the front of the vehicle partially obscures any view in front of us)
2. We will never see the driver in person but they will be using a similar effect to the dump truck driver in Spiderman or the main three on HE.

Good call, I'd hate to be in the middle row of the middle seats......seems like you'd have to be leaning over a bunch of people to see everything, unless the roof is open? Love everything about this, Ill wait and see how it goes!

So now that we have an idea of what the ride vehicles look like, I don't see any platform or area for a spieling TM. Has that idea been completely nixed from the ride? or just possibly excluded in the concept art?

72 seats? No way that's a single truck. Two trucks buckled together maybe, tram tour- or Gringotts-style, but based on the concept art, 72 can't fit in there. 36, I can see though.

So with indoor and outdoor segments, and a ride vehicle like that, this is a driverless and trackless system?