SeaWorld's Next Thrill Ride? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld's Next Thrill Ride?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I can, in confidence, say that a hyper coaster is in the works for the south side of the park. The location in question is the Port of Call/ Bayside Stadium area near the parking lot. BGW is scheduled to get a premier rides Superman clone (SFDK) near Apollo's Chariot.

I can, in confidence, say that a hyper coaster is in the works for the south side of the park. The location in question is the Port of Call/ Bayside Stadium area near the parking lot. BGW is scheduled to get a premier rides Superman clone (SFDK) near Apollo's Chariot.

Great news on the hyper! Any idea on when it will happen? I'm thinking 2016, once BGT is finished with their 2015 project.

Great news on the hyper! Any idea on when it will happen? I'm thinking 2016, once BGT is finished with their 2015 project.

I would think Sea World would get something new first due to the fact that they need it the most...but BGT will probably get it first as they are next in line

I would think Sea World would get something new first due to the fact that they need it the most...but BGT will probably get it first as they are next in line
Yea that Anarctica ride was a fail, so they need a hyper badly. BGT should get a Giga though. :D

Just checked google maps, it is west rather than south. They have a lot of space there, actually the entire west and south-west side has a lot of room for expansion.

Will it be another B&M?

Just checked google maps, it is west rather than south. They have a lot of space there, actually the entire west and south-west side has a lot of room for expansion.

Will it be another B&M?

I have a feeling that BGT is getting a B&M Giga like Leviathan. So if BGT gets that kind of ride, I think SeaWorld will go with Intamin. Plus, SWO has no Intamins yet, and with the parks beginning to add Intamins like Cheetah Hunt and Falcon's Fury (granted only at BGT at the moment) maybe they will start to spread that love to the other parks, like SeaWorld Orlando. Heck, I'd venture to say that SWPE may take a look at the Skyrush trains and try to fix the restraint issues.

Apparently B&M also has their own launch technology now, could this be used in one of the parks? Or would a launch go against the idea of a hypercoaster?

- - - Updated - - -

Just looked at a skyrush video, looks like a great ride :)

Apparently B&M also has their own launch technology now, could this be used in one of the parks? Or would a launch go against the idea of a hypercoaster?

- - - Updated - - -

Just looked at a skyrush video, looks like a great ride :)

I have this feeling some European park will get the B&M Launch before the Busch parks. No I don't think it would go against the idea of a hyper (though Wikipedia says that it must have a lift hill). I personally would rather have a full-on lift hill chain or cable than a launch (though I'd welcome a launch).

Yeah Skyrush is a GREAT ride! The only issue I have is the restraints. Seriously it felt like my legs were being squished into liquid. It was better the next time when they were adjusted but still had some squish! Otherwise the lift hill is fast and the turns are just forceful! Combined with the winged seats, that is a ride experience of pure insanity!

Doesn't help that SeaWorld and Busch Execs were spotted at Canada's Wonderland taking great interest in Leviathon and Behemoth... Wonder what happened to that Wingrider...

I wouldn't let the rumors spread so quickly though. Although I can confirm that they were up at Canada's Wonderland, I can also tell you the 'powers that be' were not impressed with Leviathan but thought Behemoth was ok. The same group of people also took interest in B&M's winged coaster - but weren't impressed with that design either.

Expect a B&M hyper at SeaWorld within the next couple of years. This has been in planning since the construction of Antarctica. If there's one thing I'll give the SWPaE crew credit for, it's that they generally come up with the best coaster designs in each of those ride's respective categories. Although the hyper is going to be targeted towards the family - I can guarantee you in won't be a flop.

Last edited:
Doesn't help that SeaWorld and Busch Execs were spotted at Canada's Wonderland taking great interest in Leviathon and Behemoth... Wonder what happened to that Wingrider...

And while we're wondering, I wonder what happened to that prefabbed Intamin woodie (aka "El-Toro"-type) coaster that was rumored to be coming to BGT to replace Gwazi? :smiley:

I'll believe a hyper/giga coming to SWO when I see it. I also don't buy a CLONE of Superman (SFDK) going into BGW. But I also don't have much for inside connections at this point, and the SW/BG parks have been operating on the cheap lately. I guess we'll have to wait and see…I would hope they don't stoop to the "Six Flags" level and start plopping clones in their parks. Yes, Great White is a clone, but it's not 100% identical to Batman (it's about 200 feet shorter and has an extra row of seats on the trains), and they haven't done it since. I hope they keep it that way.

Real question tho, Is seaworld really in a spot right now to open up a new thrill ride seeing as attendance, profit is down and it seems like the current company that owns it is trying to get rid of it through stock trading

Ummm...exactly the opposite:

SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. Announces Record Performance
Results fueled by record fourth-quarter attendance in the Company's SeaWorld-branded parks
PR Newswire SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc.
13 hours ago

ORLANDO, Fla., Jan. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. (SEAS) today announced preliminary revenue results for fiscal year 2013. The results are subject to completion of the Company's audit procedures.

Driven by record fourth quarter total attendance at the Company's SeaWorld-branded parks in Orlando, Fla., San Diego, Calif. and San Antonio, Texas, total revenue for 2013 is expected to be approximately $1.46 billion which would represent a full-year record for the Company in its 50-year operating history.

Additionally, the Company reaffirmed its full-year 2013 Adjusted EBITDA guidance range of $432 million to $442 million. Final earnings anywhere within the guidance range also would represent a full-year record for the Company.

"We are very pleased with our fourth quarter performance, particularly for the SeaWorld-branded parks in Orlando and San Diego, which helped us to achieve record revenue for the year," said Jim Atchison, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company.

The Company expects to release final fourth quarter and fiscal year 2013 results in March 2014.

"In addition to the great holiday events that proved so popular last month, we have launched our year-long celebration of SeaWorld's 50th Anniversary. The success of the SeaWorld parks in 2013 suggests that the extraordinary experience offered in these parks is as meaningful today as at any point in our history," Atchison said. "But as strong as last year was for us, we are looking forward to another great year in 2014."

Real question tho, Is seaworld really in a spot right now to open up a new thrill ride seeing as attendance, profit is down and it seems like the current company that owns it is trying to get rid of it through stock trading

In the 3rd quarter attendance was down but profit was up I believe and as GA coaster posted, record performance for 4th quarter is expected.

Attendance/Profit may change this year due to 'the film', but I do believe Sea World is doing just fine..The failure of Antarctica hurt them a bit, but that is because they wanted to do a Potter-like land on the cheap..didn't work

Attendance/Profit may change this year due to 'the film', but I do believe Sea World is doing just fine..The failure of Antarctica hurt them a bit, but that is because they wanted to do a Potter-like land on the cheap..didn't work

Antarctica was definitely over-hyped, but all summer long people were waiting 2+ hours to go on it, so at least it served its purpose. I have the feeling it was more of a Disney thing they were after though, immersive feeling with little thrill lol ... still I went last week again on a dreary looking day and seaworld was almost deserted, made antarctica look great, because it had been raining the floor looked icy and the sky was overcast ... and the ride was walk on!

Antarctica was definitely over-hyped, but all summer long people were waiting 2+ hours to go on it, so at least it served its purpose. I have the feeling it was more of a Disney thing they were after though, immersive feeling with little thrill lol ... still I went last week again on a dreary looking day and seaworld was almost deserted, made antarctica look great, because it had been raining the floor looked icy and the sky was overcast ... and the ride was walk on!

Back on topic, lol.

Anyway, I predict that SWO's next thrill ride will be a hypercoaster. Probably a b&m, but who knows? We could be looking at a launch as well. :)

Thoughts?

Back on topic, lol.

Anyway, I predict that SWO's next thrill ride will be a hypercoaster. Probably a b&m, but who knows? We could be looking at a launch as well. :)

Thoughts?

Definitely hoping for a hypercoaster, but I don't think it will have a launch. They just did a coaster featuring launches with Cheetah Hunt, and it made sense there. I think they'll probably focus on some other element, and height and airtime are enough for me :smiley: It'd be completely different than anything we already have in Orlando :cheers:

Bumping this thread, I just noticed that BGT's new coaster has apparently been delayed to 2016. So now I wonder if SWO is getting their next coaster in 2015? Anyone been to the park lately and seen any survey markings in the area of the coaster?

I might be going on Tuesday, I'll let you know if I see anything. If it goes in that section in the west-south/west, I think at the moment that area is fully reserved for educational groups, not sure if you can walk through there.