SeaWorld's Next Thrill Ride? | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld's Next Thrill Ride?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 27, 2010
Oviedo, FL
From Screamscape:

Park News - (8/6/12) I don’t have a timeline on this, but I’ve heard SeaWorld’s management may have their eye on using the site around the former Hospitality Center building, (including demolishing the old Clydesdale barn) as a possible site for the park’s next big thrill ride. If used correctly, the overall space possibly available here could see another ride the size of Manta or Journey To Atlantis added here. No word on the fate of the old Hospitality Center building itself, though it’s worth mentioning that a section of the back half of the building does serve as an employee lounge as well as a food prep kitchen for other areas, but I think they could work around this easily as we’ve seen how they were able to allow Manta to fly over the walkways and other existing buildings.

Thoughts guys? :meditate:

Would love to see another dark ride, but a much more intense one come to the park...Maybe a deep sea dive or something like that

Not neccessarily a thrill ride, but they need a E-ticket type attraction on that side of that park. All the action is on one side of the park.

Since Manta opened, I've heard that the next "big" thing would be going to that side of that park.

They need it badly, its so dead over there, didn't even go that way on my last trip in May.

With Antarctica now open, it's never too early to start looking ahead. The Clydesdales/Hospitality Center area is indeed prime property for SeaWorld's next big addition, which all rumors point to a coaster of some kind. While not the most extreme, a WingRider makes the most sense. More family friendly, and can easily be themed to an animal of some kind. I envision a well-themed queue and animal encounter tie-in, similar to Manta. While Antarctica's ride was disappointing, the theme was excellent. Build on that, and do what Busch parks do best: animals and coasters. I'd love to see something by 2016.

I'm curious to see how they are going to handle the next attraction..I'm also curious to see if they treat Antarctica as a success or failure..
I imagine it wont be a trackless dark ride

A hyper coaster would be cool. A indoor launch would be cool as well.

Flat rides??? they could use some...

A rapids would be cool. Finally equal out the three big resorts with river rapid rides.
I would love to see something like max air and the S&S Sky Swing.

Another thrill ride? Have you BRAVED the Wild version of Antarctica??

Let me clarify...I was speaking of adult carnival rides like the rides that have been mention in this thread...like a max air or sky swing