SeaWorld's Next Thrill Ride? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld's Next Thrill Ride?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How many current sea world parks have rides like those??? None. Not even the busch parks and I'm sure there is a reason. I understand rides like those have their place but I don't personally think its in busch parks. Why would someone pay 90 dollars to ride a windseeker style ride when magical midway has the same thing? I'm just saying. These parks are the local six flags parks...
100% disagree. I'm not asking for SeaWorld or Busch Gardens to turn into a Cedar Fair or Six Flags park. I'd just like to see a thrill-heavy flat ride come to SWO. Unlike Cedar Fair or Six Flags, Busch parks are quite capable of impressive themeing. And any ride brought to the park can be themed as such; flat ride, coaster, or otherwise. A simple ride like a coaster or a flat with animal interactions, is something the Busch parks excel in.

And BTW, you'll be surprised by how many guests would prefer visiting SeaWorld over Magical Midway, similar ride(s) or not.

Im just saying...those type of rides have been out for a while. If the park really, really felt the need to add those to any of their 11 parks they would have by now. Those rides tend to not be all that reliable anyway...

Also, if my visit was based on what new attraction sea world got a particular year, and it was a star flyer...you bet im just gonna go to magical midway with my 20.00 vs going to sea world with my 90 for the exact same ride.

Im just saying...those type of rides have been out for a while. If the park really, really felt the need to add those to any of their 11 parks they would have by now. Those rides tend to not be all that reliable anyway...

Also, if my visit was based on what new attraction sea world got a particular year, and it was a star flyer...you bet im just gonna go to magical midway with my 20.00 vs going to sea world with my 90 for the exact same ride.

Sea World and Busch tend to only build reliable and well liked attractions. Windseekers and the Star Flyers have had a lot of down time and technical problems since their installations. I wouldn't see something like that making it to any of the central Florida theme parks...
Maybe something like Maxair though. Drop towers, mega swings, and spinning rides seem to be much more reliable.

Sea World and Busch tend to only build reliable and well liked attractions. Windseekers and the Star Flyers have had a lot of down time and technical problems since their installations. I wouldn't see something like that making it to any of the central Florida theme parks...
Maybe something like Maxair though. Drop towers, mega swings, and spinning rides seem to be much more reliable.
Star Flyers are much more reliable than those horrible Windseekers. Most Windseekers have been closed more than they have been open. But having been on a SkyScreamer, the ride experience is not thrilling, it is pretty much just like an observation tower, which SeaWorld already has. Neither of the two are really needed at the park.
SeaWorld doesn't really need anymore coasters either. Manta and Kraken are some of the most thrilling roller coasters there are. The only roller coaster I could see the park getting is a launched coaster, but the two awesome coasters the park already has are good enough for now.
The park should add a Screamin' Swing, a Space Shot tower, and a swing ride could be good additions, possibly all somehow themed to the Arctic. They could be put where the Sea Harbor Pavilions are.

Star Flyers are much more reliable than those horrible Windseekers. Most Windseekers have been closed more than they have been open. But having been on a SkyScreamer, the ride experience is not thrilling, it is pretty much just like an observation tower, which SeaWorld already has. Neither of the two are really needed at the park.
SeaWorld doesn't really need anymore coasters either. Manta and Kraken are some of the most thrilling roller coasters there are. The only roller coaster I could see the park getting is a launched coaster, but the two awesome coasters the park already has are good enough for now.
The park should add a Screamin' Swing, a Space Shot tower, and a swing ride could be good additions, possibly all somehow themed to the Arctic. They could be put where the Sea Harbor Pavilions are.

Other parks charge extra for those and the capacity is horrible. IMO opinion they do not belong at SW or BGT. And again IMO, SW needs more coasters two is not enough, and another water ride.

Man...you guys really wanna turn sea world into a run of the mill carnival. When sea world plans they think "attraction" no "giant carnival, low capacity ride as well as iffy reliability".

I am guessing the next coaster coming to SWO will be a B&M Wingrider in 2015.

I totally agree.

They could use another water ride and a few more indoor/family attractions.

- - - Updated - - -

I totally agree.

They could use another water ride and a few more indoor/family attractions.

Thats a big known. But its "kiddie" rides. Small foot print rides tucked away in a corner. There is nothing marketable there other than the "family" aspect...in MY opinion.

They need another anchor on the east side of the park. I'm not saying a thrill ride, but they need something on that side of the park. A ride with a small footprint, like Turtle Trek's size.

Call me crazy, but I've always thought Seaworld could benefit from a small indoor family coaster. There's a ride at Kennywood (big fan of that park myself, Izzy) called The Exterminator, which is an off-the-shelf Reverchon spinning mouse that's been put inside of a building, themed decently, and much of it is in the dark. It's SO much fun. I've always thought that if Seaworld went with something a bit more unique, such as an Intamin spinning mouse (INSANELY fun and only one has been built at Bakken, called "Tornado" http://rcdb.com/4313.htm) and themed it well inside of a building, it could be a wonderful addition to the park. I also wouldn't mind seeing them build a B&M wing coaster, a decent water ride, or a large, thrilling flat ride. Themed well, it's amazing what you can build in terms of a mega flat ride. There are some great examples on Intamin's website, but it seems to be down at the moment.

Hopefully! I think that would be a good fit for SW.

Other parks charge extra for those and the capacity is horrible. IMO opinion they do not belong at SW or BGT. And again IMO, SW needs more coasters two is not enough, and another water ride.

Agreed on all counts! Two is definitely not enough coasters for a big park like SW. It's a great family park, but if they added a couple more coasters, I think it could attract a lot more business, especially from thrill seekers :thumbs:

Call me crazy, but I've always thought Seaworld could benefit from a small indoor family coaster. There's a ride at Kennywood (big fan of that park myself, Izzy) called The Exterminator, which is an off-the-shelf Reverchon spinning mouse that's been put inside of a building, themed decently, and much of it is in the dark. It's SO much fun. I've always thought that if Seaworld went with something a bit more unique, such as an Intamin spinning mouse (INSANELY fun and only one has been built at Bakken, called "Tornado" http://rcdb.com/4313.htm) and themed it well inside of a building, it could be a wonderful addition to the park. I also wouldn't mind seeing them build a B&M wing coaster, a decent water ride, or a large, thrilling flat ride. Themed well, it's amazing what you can build in terms of a mega flat ride. There are some great examples on Intamin's website, but it seems to be down at the moment.

Glad to know others are of a fan of Kennywood.

I agree Sea World needs more, but some of it I think is location. They need more rides over on the Shamu side. So many skip that side other than seeing one shamu side, because there is not enough on that side. I think it would be good for them to have some more rides over there that people could ride in between shows when they are on that side of the park.

Indoor rollercoaster would be neat, I could see a lot of potential with either killer whales or dolphins. Almost like you are inside the water.

No. I say keep Wild Arctic until they can get more in that area. More of a replacement of some of the land not used in that area like down where the old stables are. They could get rid of that stupid Italian buffet too.

From what I was told, Arctic isn't going anywhere. It's guest satisfaction is too damn high.

That and they use this at Christmas time for a special show that is very popular. I want something added to this area, not replaced.

Love the pizza buffet, best dinner value around.

We must have different tastes. Too much like Ceci and I don't like them either. I personally would never go back there again, I love some of their other places way better.