Sapphire Falls Resort | Page 78 | Inside Universal Forums

Sapphire Falls Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I remember taking picture of that wheel having a bolt through it to show it wouldn't move.. glad they changed it!

I tried looking for these pics on my phone but couldn't find them, probably took them with my 6D so they're on my server at home. But I thought I'd post these pics to show progress over time knowing opening weekend (was it July 14th?).

JANUARY 2016 (6 months before opening)

IMG_5694.jpg IMG_5695.jpg IMG_5696.jpg IMG_5697.jpg IMG_5698.JPG.jpg

I tried looking for these pics on my phone but couldn't find them, probably took them with my 6D so they're on my server at home. But I thought I'd post these pics to show progress over time knowing opening weekend (was it July 14th?).

JANUARY 2016 (6 months before opening)

View attachment 3816 View attachment 3817 View attachment 3818 View attachment 3819 View attachment 3820
Yeah, that was unbelievable that they made it in time, albeit a few unfinished things. I remember walking past it a number of times in mid May 2016. It looked soooo far from finishing and there were tons of employees working at 2:00 AM when we walked past.

Reactions: UK-Trigg
So 2 weeks to go until my dream holiday of a life time..............................part 13 LOL

Any hows as part of my upcoming trip I am staying 5 nights at SF as it's a new hotel for me so really looking forward to it. It will also complete my Uni hotel list once again, at least for now.

From watching construction, seeing the photos and reading the reviews I really want to get the most of my stay.....
So from those who have stayed, what are you top 3 tips when staying at SF?

Reactions: Jonea32
So 2 weeks to go until my dream holiday of a life time..............................part 13 LOL

Any hows as part of my upcoming trip I am staying 5 nights at SF as it's a new hotel for me so really looking forward to it. It will also complete my Uni hotel list once again, at least for now.

From watching construction, seeing the photos and reading the reviews I really want to get the most of my stay.....

1. TAPAS AT STRONGWATER TAVERN!
  2. DRINKS AT STRONGWATER TAVERN!
  3. Use the sides of the water slide to sort of fling yourself down in the beginning to gain the most momentum possible.

Also not sure if you're into this, but they're starting a year round Carnaval: Caribbean Carnaval Tickets, Multiple Dates | Eventbrite

1. TAPAS AT STRONGWATER TAVERN!
  2. DRINKS AT STRONGWATER TAVERN!
  3. Use the sides of the water slide to sort of fling yourself down in the beginning to gain the most momentum possible.
Also not sure if you're into this, but they're starting a year round Carnaval: Caribbean Carnaval Tickets, Multiple Dates | Eventbrite
Yes, I agree.1) Strongwater Tavern is the Star of the Universal resort.... drinks, food and ambiance. 2)Pool. Gigundus. 3)Pirates of the Caribbean look staircase.......Very nice hotel. Equal , or slightly better, than Royal Pacific, but without Express Pass.......But, it's not on Portofino's level.

Last edited:
Reactions: UK-Trigg and Joel
Yes, I agree.1) Strongwater Tavern is the Star of the Universal resort.... drinks, food and ambiance. 2)Pool. Gigundus. 3)Pirates of the Caribbean look staircase.......Very nice hotel. Equal , or slightly better, than Royal Pacific, but without Express Pass.......But, it's not on Portofino's level.
@Mad Dog Luuuuuuurvvveeesss PB, LOL, I see why though it is stunning, I really enjoyed the subtle elegance and peaceful nature of the resort.

Thanks for he tips guys, Strongwater it is

Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog
@Mad Dog Luuuuuuurvvveeesss PB, LOL, I see why though it is stunning, I really enjoyed the subtle elegance and peaceful nature of the resort.

Thanks for he tips guys, Strongwater it is
Strongwater: Do three small plates & split with Sam. Food is really interesting. My fav drink was the Grog. Really really good. Don't forget to talk to Carlos Costanza,the Sous Chef. You'll love Strongwater. It's about five times better than Thirsty Fish, and you liked Thirsty Fish.......Yeah, it's a definite love affair with Portofino.
It'll be over 70 nights there after this vacation in May. Portofino has so many quiet secluded spots and piazzas that I'm still discovering new ones even after all these trips. It doesn't get any better.

Reactions: Disneyhead and Joel

My best tip is to stay on the water taxi side not the pool side. The CBBR towers and SF form a noise funnel from all the boy racers gunning their engines at the stoplight in front. Really an echo chamber. They were good enough to move me after a week and the difference is night and day

My best tip is to stay on the water taxi side not the pool side. The CBBR towers and SF form a noise funnel from all the boy racers gunning their engines at the stoplight in front. Really an echo chamber. They were good enough to move me after a week and the difference is night and day
Yes. We were on the lagoon (water taxi) side & it was pretty quiet.

These Strongwater recommendations are piquing my interest. We will be staying at CBBR for our May/June trip; visited Sapphire once for a boat trip and a long look around.

The rum flights look great, but i had a hard time finding a menu online. Any type of kid menu? We have a 10-year-old who is good at these type of establishments. We just hook him up with a burger and a thing (i.e. foosball table at NBC, hook game at Margaritaville, scary babydoll heads at Andijitos, etc). The porch may do it here if they have any type of junior burger. TIA!