Sapphire Falls Resort | Page 77 | Inside Universal Forums

Sapphire Falls Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Reactions: WAJAS
Went to the resort last night to enjoy a drink at Strong Water. Can say that a lot of the barren walls are now painted with a soft blue color (or dark gray) with hanging art work. Looks a lot better now that it's actually finished.

Reactions: myheartisinFlorida
I loved the Christmas decorations around the resort. They did a really great job on that for their first holiday season.

I do have to say.. I feel bad for my local friends who came to visit me at the hotel and had to pay for parking. :lol: It was after hours so it's not like they parked there for the theme parks but.. the parking price is kinda steep for visitors, especially valet ($30). Maybe I should've suggested CityWalk parking garage and water taxi to hotel?

I loved the Christmas decorations around the resort. They did a really great job on that for their first holiday season.

I do have to say.. I feel bad for my local friends who came to visit me at the hotel and had to pay for parking. :lol: It was after hours so it's not like they parked there for the theme parks but.. the parking price is kinda steep for visitors, especially valet ($30). Maybe I should've suggested CityWalk parking garage and water taxi to hotel?

yeah they make a fortune with the parking fees, because well, they can.

We were upset about that too when we had visitors in August. They told us to visit one of the restaurants and spend $30 and they would validate the parking. A round of happy hour drinks and appetizers got us there so it wasn't too bad.

Staying here until Sunday and I really like this place. It's far better than any similarly priced Disney hotel. They probably have the best hotel shower I've seen for a hotel less than $200 a night.
I really like the hotel. We stayed there in Oct. for part of our vacation. It reminds me of the good Marriots I've stayed at on business trips. Strongwater Tavern, the "huge" pool, the staircase that reminds me of Pirates of the Caribbean movies and the beautiful landscaping are the stars of the resort. I liked it so much that I'm doing five days of our 14 days at Universal in May (other nine days at Portofino).

Yeah this is the first time we've stayed at a Universal resort even though we've been passholders for 10+ years. I'll come back when we do weekend trips for sure if the price is right.

Reactions: Coasted and Mad Dog
Yeah this is the first time we've stayed at a Universal resort even though we've been passholders for 10+ years. I'll come back when we do weekend trips for sure if the price is right.
It's amazing how relaxing and leisurely a theme park stay can be when everything is so close like it is at Universal. One really needs to experience it to understand it. :thumbsup::)

It's amazing how relaxing and leisurely a theme park stay can be when everything is so close like it is at Universal. One really needs to experience it to understand it. :thumbsup::)
So true, I had been a passholder for years...Staying on site is almost a completely different experience, and you experience the parks differently..Now I do it once a year

Reactions: agentj and Mad Dog
Yeah we've been staying at Disney hotels and even with that it's a hassle getting to the parks. Taking that water taxis there and back was great. It sure as heck saved me after downing some Carnivals and then Toothsome.

Universal just announced that they will be having a Caribbean Carnaval Buffet & Show Acts on Weds.evenings starting in April. Seating starts at 6:00 PM. Prices & event days are on Universal's site. Sounds like the Luaus they used to have at the Royal Pacific & about the same prices.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel and Scott W.