Sapphire Falls Resort | Page 76 | Inside Universal Forums

Sapphire Falls Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As long as Universal does not officially encourage crossing there, then it is the visitor putting themselves at risk. The fence basically makes it so that Universal can make a claim in court that they were discouraged from crossing there. It takes the liability away from Uni.

Reactions: Joel
As long as Universal does not officially encourage crossing there, then it is the visitor putting themselves at risk. The fence basically makes it so that Universal can make a claim in court that they were discouraged from crossing there. It takes the liability away from Uni.
Not if a Universal employee tells you to cross there as they did me. And that fence isn't even close to discouraging people when actually there in person.

Not if a Universal employee tells you to cross there as they did me. And that fence isn't even close to discouraging people when actually there in person.
I meant to describe their reasoning for putting the fence there. The employee likely shouldn't be telling people to cross there. I haven't actually seen it in person yet, so I probably shouldn't be making assumptions.

It seems careless on their part to not have signage directing people where to properly cross the street. It isn't even that far of a walk over the bridge.

I'm guessing that once Volcano Bay opens it will balance out.
Nah, people are still going to go over to SF for Strong Water and stuff like that no matter what. And a lot of people go using the Garden Walk. The issue is the main stop people use is the one for the pool and with that closing at 10, the people who stay there to drink/eat later are often confused (as I was) as to how I get back WITHOUT crossing the street.

Bottom Line: If Universal wants to look out for their ass, they need much more than a small fence. A crosswalk is a must.

Nah, people are still going to go over to SF for Strong Water and stuff like that no matter what. And a lot of people go using the Garden Walk. The issue is the main stop people use is the one for the pool and with that closing at 10, the people who stay there to drink/eat later are often confused (as I was) as to how I get back WITHOUT crossing the street.

Bottom Line: If Universal wants to look out for their ass, they need much more than a small fence. A crosswalk is a must.

I badly worded that. I meant to say that it's mostly people going from CBBR to SF and not so much the other way about.

I'd say better signage to direct people would do the trick. Hell, they could just ignore the problem until the Volcano Bay tunnel opens, and then just direct people there.

Not having a pedestrian stage decreases the time that cars are waiting at the stop light, which eventually leads to the idea that the less time that people are doing (blank) the more time they have to spend money. I know that's a stretch though.

Also, it is much safer to direct people the long way around than to push people to use a crosswalk. Some drivers are really ignorant of their surroundings.

Wouldn't a crosswalk be a city/county/state issue? Those are public roads after all. I wouldn't think that Uni could just build a crosswalk there without approval of some sort, if they could legally do it at all.

Wouldn't a crosswalk be a city/county/state issue? Those are public roads after all. I wouldn't think that Uni could just build a crosswalk there without approval of some sort, if they could legally do it at all.
Is that a public road? That is a question that may need to be explored.

If it is though, the city and UOR have a very close relationship. If UOR wants a crosswalk, then you can pretty much guarantee that Orlando will pay for it. Source: The Gardenwalk Bridge

I badly worded that. I meant to say that it's mostly people going from CBBR to SF and not so much the other way about.
Oh, I know what you meant and you are describing me the other day. I went over for Strong Water (after taking water taxi back to Sapphire), but by the time I was ready to go back to CBBR and was slightly confused on how to get back unless I crossed the street.

I'd say better signage to direct people would do the trick. Hell, they could just ignore the problem until the Volcano Bay tunnel opens, and then just direct people there.

Not having a pedestrian stage decreases the time that cars are waiting at the stop light, which eventually leads to the idea that the less time that people are doing (blank) the more time they have to spend money. Also, it is much safer to direct people the long way around than to push people to use a crosswalk. Some drivers are really ignorant of their surroundings.
Directing to the VB tunnel will definitely work for legal reasons. Doesn't mean people won't still cross, but it would be 100% on the person crossing at that point. They need to do better than just a chain linked fence to get the point across that they don't want people to cross. Hell, put up a "NO CROSSING" sign. That should get it across. :lol:

Reactions: Scott W. and WAJAS
Oh, I know what you meant and you are describing me the other day. I went over for Strong Water (after taking water taxi back to Sapphire), but by the time I was ready to go back to CBBR and was slightly confused on how to get back unless I crossed the street.

Directing to the VB tunnel will definitely work for legal reasons. Doesn't mean people won't still cross, but it would be 100% on the person crossing at that point. They need to do better than just a chain linked fence to get the point across that they don't want people to cross. Hell, put up a "NO CROSSING" sign. That should get it across. :lol:

Dodging trams or buses instead of cars. The tunnel will no doubt have a walkway but it's frustrating that there is no easy route from lobby to lobby.

I know there is a bus service between the hotels, does one exist between CBBR and SF?

Dodging trams or buses instead of cars. The tunnel will no doubt have a walkway but it's frustrating that there is no easy route from lobby to lobby.

I know there is a bus service between the hotels, does one exist between CBBR and SF?
The way i'm envisioning the VB tunnel is much like the MK tram tunnel to the TTC (and even the tunnel for trams at Busch Gardens). People have been walking safely through that area for 45+ years. There should be no dodging trams involved in this process if done right.

Reactions: Scott W.
The way i'm envisioning the VB tunnel is much like the MK tram tunnel to the TTC (and even the tunnel for trams at Busch Gardens). People have been walking safely through that area for 45+ years. There should be no dodging trams involved in this process if done right.
I am pretty sure the tunnel is specifically a pedestrian tunnel. The tram drops off right outside the entrance to the tunnel on the SF side. Right?

That's what I'm envisioning too. They could create a great effect similar to the tunnel after you enter MK where the castle is revealed but obviously a volcano instead.