Revenge of the Mummy (USH) | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I guess this is an unpopular opinion, but Mummy needs to be replaced by a better indoor coaster. I think replacing it with another plaza, even if it means better crowd flow, is not gonna fly with the general public. You need to give it a worthy replacement.
And I get that, the law of cycles and all; but I have to think even if they did an indoor coaster--there are better methods and means that allows you to open up the midway to allow some form of a plaza.

Given how bad we saw from the sake of the fire alarms and evacuation drills--I have to think safety should be and must be on their mind as a top priority. Especially with how worse it gets to navigate and get around into and around that of the midway.

All jokes aside, the Mummy and surrounding soundstages are the easiest options for freeing up the lower lot congestion. A branched out walkway loop or hub like @AlexanderMBush mentioned would help tremendously. Universal Creative also has the approval from pretty much the entire community to remove Mummy without much sadness/backlash:lmao:. After F&F opens I can see big priority for lower lot quality of life improvements.
I still think and guess Simpsons is going to be the next major thing to go after F&F as that is on a contract that lapses in 2028 and the overall structure and foundation has seen better days. But post LA2028 Universal is going to go to town on the lower lot.

As for what could go in the Mummy Plot, maybe it could be used for a walkway/courtyard and a medium scale D ride on par with TSMM/SLOP/Web Slingers. I also wonder that what comes to the lower lot that takes out Mummy and those soundstages will be cloned to Orlando as well or will it be exclusive to USH.
Precisely. Even if it means we lose a coaster in the short term; and lose a HHN venue in the process--they have additional venues for HHN and they also have the options to bring a third coaster in to round out the high thrill and family market eventually.

I also think the Supply Vault being converted into a Production Central like store also raises me to wonder on the viability and future for venues on that side of the road in the short term.
This was touched on in the VCMB thread, but maybe future lands like what will come to the lower will have attractions designed in a way so they can house an actual substantial ride (not a moving walkway) but still fit a black box flex space in it.

I still think and guess Simpsons is going to be the next major thing to go after F&F as that is on a contract that lapses in 2028 and the overall structure and foundation has seen better days. But post LA2028 Universal is going to go to town on the lower lot.
From 2025 to 2028, excluding P515; that is a large stretch of time to just not prepare and have the park be at the best condition it can be ahead of LA2028. Simpsons has an end-date, one that is 2028 and not any moment sooner or later. You can't just have the three years be dry of new additions to the park in general.

This was touched on in the VCMB thread, but maybe future lands like what will come to the lower will have attractions designed in a way so they can house an actual substantial ride (not a moving walkway) but still fit a black box flex space in it.

If there is something I'd argue in this too--I'd argue looking at Pets for future circumstances is a good option, if not better. Using the most amount of the space that you have--while being forced to make it as tight knit of a package as you god forbid can.

Villain-Con will never be used for HHN ever again, it is not possible with the space that remains for them at USF; and it should not be held up to that level.
___
If a coaster had to go in it's place, I just have to think they would not have *all* of that space be for the sake of it. They need to clear the midway in density.

I think there'd be a form of a sadness, but it'd be because of the backwards section and how the coaster shines with it. Otherwise, I am content if it goes for something akin to Universal Plaza--if it means the Lower Lot is given space to breathe.

My opinion stands on the Three Coaster system--but they need to get the entertainment back up to par for the park. Especially with the prospects of the property becoming a legitimate resort destination; you can't just have the nighttime Hogwarts shows as your selling point.
I’ve always wondered how Hollywood entertainment compared to Orlando ?

What did guys generally offer when its it was fully functioning and funded ?

I’ve always wondered how Hollywood entertainment compared to Orlando ?

What did guys generally offer when its it was fully functioning and funded ?

Excluding CityWalk (Which is a whole other thing I hope is addressed with the upcoming hotel), USH lived and shined as a entertainment park. Blues Brothers, Animal Actors, Special Effects Stage, and even streetmosphere entertainment like live piano players dominated the USH scape. There is a reason why USH was the Entertainment Capital of LA, even beyond WaterWorld being one of their highest rated attractions period.

There is a reason why I think it'd be better if Mummy went for an Open Air Plaza and a show as part of an overall enhancement to the area, rather than a new coaster; because it also helps fill the major gap that is now lost from the lack of Animal Actors and SES.

I guess this is an unpopular opinion, but Mummy needs to be replaced by a better indoor coaster. I think replacing it with another plaza, even if it means better crowd flow, is not gonna fly with the general public. You need to give it a worthy replacement.
I always forget that indoor coasters are rare, space mountain and mummy are the only two around here?

I think iwhen Mummy goes we will see the soundstages behind get taken out too, I can't see any kind of like for like replacement or using the same space but for a show and expansion of the midway.

I also don't want another plaza in a park with limited space for rides and attractions. Yes make the midway bigger and yes better places to sit but not something of the size of the plaza.

Hopefully whatever they do is given the right amount of space and effort unlike SNW which was not as good as it could/should be.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I can't believe what I'm hearing. Replace a fun, though short, heavily themed indoor coaster with a plaza or walking path??? :cold_sweat: Even though pedestrian space may be tight, that's almost a sacrilegious theme park thought. I never thought I'd hear something like that on a hard core fans site.....Good themed attractions are hard to come by. Plazas and walkways not so much.

I can't believe what I'm hearing. Replace a fun, though short, heavily themed indoor coaster with a plaza or walking path??? :cold_sweat: Even though pedestrian space may be tight, that's almost a sacrilegious theme park thought. I never thought I'd hear something like that on a hard core fans site.....Good themed attractions are hard to come by. Plazas and walkways not so much.
Considering we are about to get what seems to potentially be one of the best coasters in CA if the layout delivers; and how bad it gets down there from first hand experience--I am content with Mummy going for an open air plaza and a show space. Both fill things that the Lower Lot desperately need.

That’s the thing though, mummy is too short and it’s poorly themed. I agree just walkway expansions would be lame and the ride shouldn’t be removed just for that. The plan most are thinking of is, walkway expansion where the mummy is with rides/shows occupying that current batch of soundstages around it.

That’s the thing though, mummy is too short and it’s poorly themed. I agree just walkway expansions would be lame and the ride shouldn’t be removed just for that. The plan most are thinking of is, walkway expansion where the mummy is with rides/shows occupying that current batch of soundstages around it.
You think the Mummy is poorly themed???

I don't think you will like Hollywood Drift when it opens...

Last edited:
Look, I understand the Mummy isn’t the best ride out there, but….I kinda like it for what it is and more importantly, the GP love it. I won’t lose sleep over losing it if we get a better indoor coaster (Which is what SHOULD replace it), but replacing it with….a concrete plaza!? Guys y’all serious?

“But but mah traffic footspace!” Um, we will lose a ride. At USH. Y’all are trippin’.

Look, I understand the Mummy isn’t the best ride out there, but….I kinda like it for what it is and more importantly, the GP love it. I won’t lose sleep over losing it if we get a better indoor coaster (Which is what SHOULD replace it), but replacing it with….a concrete plaza!? Guys y’all serious?

“But but mah traffic footspace!” Um, we will lose a ride. At USH. Y’all are trippin’.
Thank god attendance is capped to a certain extent. I can’t imagine a 40k day down there lol

You don't get to complain about issues regarding crowd flow if you aren't willing to be realistic about it. How else do you open up the lower lot? Also, why not put a ride in the space where the demoed ss will be? I think the crowd control issues at USH are going to hit a crescendo that will not be pleasant, possibly causing real harm if there was an emergency.

You don't get to complain about issues regarding crowd flow if you aren't willing to be realistic about it. How else do you open up the lower lot? Also, why not put a ride in the space where the demoed ss will be? I think the crowd control issues at USH are going to hit a crescendo that will not be pleasant, possibly causing real harm if there was an emergency.
I think a compromise is that as the lower lot expand in the 2030s, there will be some other family coast on par with Mummy constructed, maybe in the soundstages behind SNW. As mentioned above maybe the Mummy plot can host a ride on par with Midway Mania and be a entry point into whatever new land comes to the lower lot

Well, I think you can also open up for foot traffic space and also add an indoor coaster in that’s space as well.

Well, I think you can also open up for foot traffic space and also add an indoor coaster in that’s space as well.
I'm not a construction expert, but maybe they could fit a coaster inside a building half the footprint of the current Mummy building?