Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 230 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I remember reading on here that some people bypassed their color being called because they wanted to enjoy more of the entertainment and games. How does that work? Do you just turn in your color anytime or do you have to wait a full peacock cycle for your color to come up again?

I remember reading on here that some people bypassed their color being called because they wanted to enjoy more of the entertainment and games. How does that work? Do you just turn in your color anytime or do you have to wait a full peacock cycle for your color to come up again?

You gotta wait the whole cycle for it to come again.

Would this throw the system out?

Assuming they seat a full theatre each run.... If ten guests with red tickets decide to watch the ragtime dolls for longer and skip their allotted ride. would the next time red came round be over booked by ten?

My opinion of the attraction has nothing to do with the conversation though?

You seem to have this issue that Andy and I have a different opinion of the attraction. Who cares? You like it, we didn't. That's ok.

Regardless, if you want to argue semantics between the 2 rides and how the curvature of the screen is different, then go ahead... but then don't bring up Transformers as a more reasonable comparison; which besides the obvious difference of being a moving simulator, utilizes screens that don't have that much of a curvature and features them in all different sizes set in between actual set pieces...

The comparison to DM is just to give a basic idea of the attraction. Just like comparing to the Simpsons.
Heh, I wasn't the one arguing. I just gave my opinion to a different poster,and he even gave me a like, and then you & another staff member jumped on my opinion. I just answered, in a nice way, both your comments. I'm not the one that's been negative to this attraction. I wouldn't even have made another comment if my opinion wasn't questioned..... I've been a big supporter of this forum for a long time, but lately it seems if us regular members say something contrary to a staff member, or a contrary opinion, we get jumped on for stating our opinion or we're called names. And if we give a answer to one of your challenges to our opinion, we're being argumentative. That's just not right:)....And I'm saying this in the nicest way possible. :)

Heh, I wasn't the one arguing. I just gave my opinion to a different poster,and he even gave me a like, and then you & another staff member jumped on my opinion. I just answered, in a nice way, both your comments. I'm not the one that's been negative to this attraction. I wouldn't even have made another comment if my opinion wasn't questioned..... I've been a big supporter of this forum for a long time, but lately it seems if us regular members say something contrary to a staff member, or a contrary opinion, we get jumped on for stating our opinion or we're called names. And if we give a answer to one of your challenges to our opinion, we're being argumentative. That's just not right:)....And I'm saying this in the nicest way possible. :)

Me disagreeing with your opinion does make me jumping on it. I asked "How was it not?", especially since you compared it more to Transformers. You decided to include my personal opinion on the attraction as means to discredit that my question was influenced due to my "negative" opinion on it. Especially by adding smiles, which made your original comment seem passive aggressive - intended or not.

SIDE TRACK - This was my opinion on the ride - "The actual attraction itself may be a topic of division between theme park fans, but Jimmy Fallon fans will surely love it. The ride system is very smooth and the 3D animation is done well. With that said, those who are not fans of Jimmy Fallon may not enjoy the attraction, but it’s a fine addition for families, especially with the queue entertainment." so how that's entirely negative is beyond me, but I digress.

While everyone complains about the people poopooing on their favorite attractions, there's also a very valid point to those on the other side of the fence that there is a negative atmosphere from being "too positive". So the mods are in a sticky situation trying to weed out what's right and what's a bit much. Being "too positive" doesn't make you immune to being wrong.

With that said, at the end of the day, we are people with opinions. We're not going to agree on everything. Doesn't mean I think of you a less of a human being. Hell, I don't agree with some of @Nick C.'s views, and I made him mod. :lol: Just because we offer contrasting views does mean you're getting jumped on.

And since you're saying we've been calling members names? Show me where because that's a pretty big accusation to make.

Assuming they seat a full theatre each run.... If ten guests with red tickets decide to watch the ragtime dolls for longer and skip their allotted ride. would the next time red came round be over booked by ten?

Wasn't there going to be a separate standby line at one point to help alleviate that?

Not really. It's only a handful of people that decide to wait out for the next cycle. Not enough of a problem to address it.

Reactions: Ryan

Once your number is called, you move into the short line where they place you in your row. So I'm thinking in the event they need more guests to fill the rows, they could always just call the next color.

Me disagreeing with your opinion does make me jumping on it. I asked "How was it not?", especially since you compared it more to Transformers. You decided to include my personal opinion on the attraction as means to discredit that my question was influenced due to my "negative" opinion on it. Especially by adding smiles, which made your original comment seem passive aggressive - intended or not.

SIDE TRACK - This was my opinion on the ride - "The actual attraction itself may be a topic of division between theme park fans, but Jimmy Fallon fans will surely love it. The ride system is very smooth and the 3D animation is done well. With that said, those who are not fans of Jimmy Fallon may not enjoy the attraction, but it’s a fine addition for families, especially with the queue entertainment." so how that's entirely negative is beyond me, but I digress.

While everyone complains about the people poopooing on their favorite attractions, there's also a very valid point to those on the other side of the fence that there is a negative atmosphere from being "too positive".

With that said, at the end of the day, we are people with opinions. We're not going to agree on everything. Doesn't mean I think of you a less of a human being. Hell, I don't agree with some of @Nick C.'s views, and I made him mod. :lol: Just because we offer contrasting views does mean you're getting jumped on.

And since you're saying we've been calling members names? Show me where because that's a pretty big accusation to make.
Those couple of comments the past few weeks that you said people are acting like a....... and saying people are acting stupid.........People were just giving their opinions.......Passive/aggressive was just over analyzing my comment, but I take no objection. . absolutely no passive aggressive was intended ...Smilies are there for a reason, namely that we can disagree, but we're still all friends after the discussion is over. Like a sporting event where everyone still shakes hands after a hard fought contest. The line between being too positive or too negative is just personal opinion also. And when people offer an opinion other than one I expressed, as a response to a post I made, I will often give them a like as a respect to their opinion, when their response is cordial......If we all agreed on everything around here, there would be very little discussion. ....Nothing personal though. Love all of you, staff & members alike. :thumbsup::):cheers:

Those couple of comments the past few weeks that you said people are acting like a....... and saying people are acting stupid.........People were just giving their opinions.......Passive/aggressive was just over analyzing my comment, but I take no objection. . absolutely no passive aggressive was intended ...Smilies are there for a reason, namely that we can disagree, but we're still all friends after the discussion is over. Like a sporting event where everyone still shakes hands after a hard fought contest. The line between being too positive or too negative is just personal opinion also. And when people offer an opinion other than one I expressed, as a response to a post I made, I will often give them a like as a respect to their opinion, when their response is cordial......If we all agreed on everything around here, there would be very little discussion. ....Nothing personal though. Love all of you, staff & members alike. :thumbsup::):cheers:

Oh, well that.. Yea. I thought you meant singling out a member by saying "Hey you, stupid"

Either way - :cheers::thumbsup:

Reactions: Mad Dog
Went on this 5 times in the last week and the ride is great. The queue is all over the place, though. My 5 rides (dates are redacted, or forgotten as the case may be):
  • Walk on around 8 PM. We just walk in. Great ride!
  • Walk on around 10 AM. No queues, once again. Great ride!
  • So i want to see Hashtag and Ragtime Gals by now.
  • Arrive around 8 PM, need to go to the standby line! We get in and another walk on. Great ride!
  • Next day, get there around park closing (Saturday on MemDay weekend). Just walk in, they said! Go upstairs, they said! It was impossible to move upstairs so we left.
  • i love talking to TMs; she said they extended reservation hours and that it was not working. She also told us that the RagtimeGals arrive every hour and Hashtag comes out after.
  • This turned out to be true! Next day at 10:00 AM, we got some great pics w #Hashtag, saw the Gals, and finally got the full experience.
Virtual Queue sucks; give me a line where i can walk by all of the elements.

Ride is pretty fun tho!

My 10-year-old loves the ride, especially Sara. EW!

Was able to experience this the other night and here are my thoughts/observations (only rode once using virtual queue as standby was usually 30-45 minutes):
  • I really enjoyed the entire experience. Such a huge improvement over Twister.
  • The facade livens up the area so much.
  • The other guests I rode with also really seemed to enjoy themselves. Only heard one negative comment. I can only assume this is getting some pretty high marks from general public.
  • I was able to reserve using the app in my Lyft while crossing over I-4 on Universal Blvd, so it seems that the net they cast is pretty wide for the virtual queue. I'm guessing so that the onsite hotel folks will be able to reserve on their way over. It was about 3 o clock when I reserved for a return time of 6:10-7pm so I enjoyed other rides while I waited.
  • It was about 20 minutes from when I entered the building to when my color got called. Had to confirm my color, though as (for me anyways) yellow and orange looked pretty similar.
  • Didn't spend a lot of time on the first floor. Just walked around, read some plaques and headed upstairs.
  • The second floor was absolutely packed. No seats available and it was also pretty hot. Didn't get to do the games.
  • I really liked the Ragtime Gals. Very talented guys and the reaction from the crowd was also very positive. My color got called before I saw Hashtag, though when I was waiting outside for my return time, he came by the windows, opened them up and started waving and interacting with the guests below. Very cool.
  • The rapping safety spiel was fantastic and again, positive reaction from the guests.
  • The ride itself was good, not great. Very smooth movement and the visuals/3-d were surprisingly crisp. I'm not a Jimmy Fallon fan, but appreciate and understand why the general public likes him. He's harmless fun.
I originally gave this 7/10 on twitter after riding, but after percolating on it for a couple days, I have no problem bumping it up to an 8/10. It's a lot of fun and I could see myself going on it at least once a day when I visit. Which is a lot more than what I could ever say about Twister.

When would be the best time to ride this to avoid a long wait? Park opening while the majority of the regular crowd heads to Potter?

Park opening, park close, or virtual wait through the app and the enjoy the park's other attractions until it's your reservation time.

I really enjoyed the ride. I thought the line was a great chance to cool off and do absolutely nothing in the a/c in a chair until my color came up. Call me lazy. I didnt experience anything the waiting area had to offer except for hearing things that were going on in a crowded room. You dont need to be first up or first in when your color is called. Enjoy the a/c. I really enjoyed the ride but I hated some of the pre-ride show. Why they have jimmy fallon dressing like a girl i'll never know. Top notch ride experience tho. Great use of 3d. i'll probably never experience a return trip from the moon in my life anywhere else.