Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 229 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Times are changing in themed entertainment. Now the wait is part of the ride. Disney did this with Little Mermaid in NFL and attempted it in seven dwarfs but I think Universal is taking it to new levels with Kong, the HP rides and now Jimmy.

No longer will we wait in endless switchbacks but have good entertainment that adds to the whole experience of the "ride" which may only be 2 - 4 minutes of the total.

and Space Mountain! how could you forget Space Mountain? :lol:.

So when do u guys think the flower pots will finally be replaced by the light poles? It's been a while.
Not sure, but a few months after Sapphire Falls opened (I believe it was HHN), they had crews installing lighting and signage late at night along one of the pathways on SF property so I stopped to talk to them about other projects and they said they had no idea, they're just contractors that were hired to put in these signs/lights. Long story short, they're probably waiting on a contractor or supplies.

My 10 year old loved this. We walked right in last night around 6 w no chance to see the preshow, though.

I never had motion sickness but I felt this a little. May have been the flights at NBC just prior though. :D

A great addition!

I got to experience this for the first time yesterday. Include me in the group that finds the overall experience to be fantastic: the virtual line, the lobby museum, absolutely loved the Ragtime Gals and wished I could have seen them longer, the pre shows, etc. It was just so top notch and totally felt like you were really in 30 Rock.

The ride portion, though, is only meh. It's basically Despicable Me all over again. Mindless fun, yes. But emphasis on the mindless.

Just giving my opinion, haven't ridden the ride yet so I can't be 100% fair but I feel like this type of ride system would have been the best for Fallon. Universal needs this type of attarction and it would have been an amazing screen expirience that could of topped any other screen based ride at universal, or atleast tied.image.jpegimage.png
I get the whole studio system is necessary, but I imagine the ride system would be flat on the floor and once you take off it would simulate soarin. Just an idea but I want a ride like this at universal. I rode soarin last year for the first time in a while and it instantly became one of my favorite attarctions.

Reactions: Journey_On
Just giving my opinion, haven't ridden the ride yet so I can't be 100% fair but I feel like this type of ride system would have been the best for Fallon. I feel like Universal needs this type of ride and is Ana amazing screen expirience and would of topped any screen based ride at universal, or atleast tied.View attachment 4612View attachment 4613
I get the whole studio system, or but a I imagine the ride system would be flat on the floor and once you take off it would simulate soarin. Just an idea but I want a ride like this at universal.
Universal was working with a really small plot of land, plus I imagine they wanted a system that actually looked like a theater. The Fallon ride, as it is, is really good. It's really not fair to compare it to Despicable Me, like some do. It's much much better with a pretty huge screen that you really feel immersed in, somewhat like the immersion factor of Transformers (though a different ride experience). And the smoothness of the ride is a real plus, even though that ride system has the ability to produce thrilling movements, The smoothness works better than the drops/bumpy thrill would have.....Fallons just a D ticket, moderate budget attraction with a small footprint. It's kind of unfair to compare it with a large area, very big budget E ticket like FOP.

It's really not fair to compare it to Despicable Me, like some do. It's much much better with a pretty huge screen that you really feel immersed in, somewhat like the immersion factor of Transformers (though a different ride experience).

Wait, how is it not?

Both attractions feature a stationary simulator located right in front of a screen, just Fallon has one big simulator with a huge screen instead of small, separate little ones.

Wait, how is it not?

Both attractions feature a stationary simulator located right in front of a screen, just Fallon has one big simulator with a huge screen instead of small, separate little ones.
And that big huge curved screen, plus the layout of the theater where you're so close to the action and not interspersed around the room like DM, and a really great definition film makes for a much more immersive experience....And the general public loves the attraction even if some of the theme park purists don't. :)...Usually I agree with you and Andy (Hate to Fly), but on this attraction our "opinions" are world's apart. I'm with the GP on this one. One of the most fun attractions at Universal Studios. :)

But it's not a far stretch at all between the two?
Using that reasoning, FOP would be closer to Soarin than Fallon is to DM.....Sounds like both rides are different enough (FOP & Fallon) that they are far superior to Soarin or DM, and comparisons to DM & Soarin are unfair to the superior & quality experiences of Fallon & FOP. :)

And that big huge curved screen, plus the layout of the theater where you're so close to the action and not interspersed around the room like DM, and a really great definition film makes for a much more immersive experience....And the general public loves the attraction even if some of the theme park purists don't. :)...Usually I agree with you and Andy (Hate to Fly), but on this attraction our "opinions" are world's apart. I'm with the GP on this one. One of the most fun attractions at Universal Studios. :)

My opinion of the attraction has nothing to do with the conversation though?

You seem to have this issue that Andy and I have a different opinion of the attraction. Who cares? You like it, we didn't. That's ok.

Regardless, if you want to argue semantics between the 2 rides and how the curvature of the screen is different, then go ahead... but then don't bring up Transformers as a more reasonable comparison; which besides the obvious difference of being a moving simulator, utilizes screens that don't have that much of a curvature and features them in all different sizes set in between actual set pieces...

The comparison to DM is just to give a basic idea of the attraction. Just like comparing to the Simpsons.