Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 232 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How's the queue working with the mix of virtual and express? Are they still doing the color system?
The color system is always used. Sometimes they'll have a mix of standby and virtual queue, or the ride switches fully to standby when all the virtual queue times are booked. Express and Virtual Queue both go straight to the colors while standby waits outside and merges after the hallway express and virtual go down.

Phish is arguably the most talented improvisational group ever.

They are still busting out some epic jams, reminiscent of '94-'97.

Well, I have seen them play ragtime gal as well as a Capella things like freebird. But I finally have a desktop at home again and I have been transferring my Digital tapes to files....so I have been reliving many a fine memory!

Reactions: Disneyhead
This isn't going to be a huge review or anything, but I got on this ride and I honestly wasn't impressed and not really because of the simulator but even the humor I found a bit lacking. I have a bit of a drier sense of humor, so it's probably a personal preference, but nothing other than the rap seemed to clique with me. Even if the queue looked nice, I just wasn't impressed. Also it was emptier than Twister both times I sat through it

My family and I rode last night for the first time. I was pleasantly surprised. So much so that the kids insisted we ride again today. We all loved the ride itself and surprisingly, my teenage kids all really enjoyed Hashtag's dancing and the Ragtime Gals. Even the preshow clips were a hit with my teenage daughters who have never seen The Tonight Show. My 15 year-old asked me "when is that show on?" Jimmy Fallon has at least one new fan. Based on my experience, I'd say Universal hit the mark on this one. :clap:

After doing Fallon again, I have to say that it would be so much better with a different queuing system. Even after using the express, it took an hour to to do the ride and many people left after 30 minutes on the second floor. I'm not a fan of the Ragtime singing nor of the crowded second floor which is far too congested. I actually really enjoy the ride, but there should be a single-riders line or some other way of skipping the pre-ride entertainment.

The queue is pretty cool and all, but it would work so much better if they kept everyone downstairs and only let people go upstairs when their color is called. Letting everyone upstairs at the same time causes things to be way too congested, especially during the ragtime performance. And when your color gets called you are fighting with everyone else of your same color to get to the exit first, while having do dodge the random people with other colors standing in your way. At this point it becomes a madhouse. (At least this is how it was when I did it twice this summer)

Wow I didn't experience any of these issues. I did it early in the morning so maybe that's why. Got let right in. I only went on later in the day once and that's when I saw the ragtime group. Even then it wasn't too bad crowdwise

I haven't had any issues either. Once I'm in the building, I'm generally on the ride within 15 minutes. I've also never seen the Ragtime Gals...