Project 727 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Project 727

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the ride will be fine. Uni hasn't disappointed yet since Comcast's takeover.

While as I said I do like the idea of a 30 Rock treatment the facades are supposed to get, is just putting something in because it's more popular NOW a good reason for an attraction? Basing an attraction off of a real-life person is just an odd choice to me.

Although Martin Short's Making of Me video was well worth the time. :lol:

The Tonight Show itself has been popular for over 60 years. It's an iconic brand. So I think building an attraction/facade based on it is a safe bet.

I agree, though, that in the unlikely event that Fallon flops as host and is replaced (unlikely because his ratings right now are very good- almost 4 million viewers a night), the attraction would then be a bust and would need to be changed or replaced.

But "The Tonight Show" franchise will likely continue long after Fallon is fired or retires.

hmm so 3-4 years of service would hopefully pay it self back on merch sales etc.. is the budget for this thing that small? honestly the smaller the better... that way the quicker itll go out lol

I wonder if they'll make the gift shop like the one in the real 30 Rock. I was coerced into buying a Jimmy Fallon winter hat on a cold November day there, but they also had merch from shows like Late Night with Seth Myers, Community, 30 Rock, The Voice, Parks & Rec, etc.

If this is anything, anything, like the show 30 Rock, I am so on board.

It won't be. It's a Jimmy Fallon/Tonight Show attraction. You're confusing 30 Rock the show with 30 Rock the place.

Well, at least this will be one less attraction I'll be going on, giving me more time to experience the other attractions at the park. I have absolutely zero interest in everything about this project. Not a Fallon fan and since I live in NYC, I couldn't care less about Rockefeller Center, a tour though the tourist attractions, or an NBC Store.

So what are we thinking the name will be? Synergy is Universal: Please Watch NBC could work.

Followed by the tagline: "We dare you to laugh at Jimmy Fallon's jokes more than he does!"

Last edited:
IF this is the flying over New York with Fallon then I'm sure even guests who don't know get a kick out of the attraction.
You don't have to know a thing about Potter or Spiderman to enjoy great theming or an awesome ride. New York will be the star for those guests and everyone know that city (although I hate it with a passion).

Look guys, this is Comcast upping the NBC presence in the parks. They are using their "star"'that relates most to the theme park demo. This is Universal Creative being tasked with "We want a Jimmy Fallon/NBC ride! Make it so, Number One."

No one has a clue how the H E L L they are going to pull off a Jimmy Fallon ride using a flight simulator ride system. Out of everything going on, this is what I'm most curious about. It is going to take some real creativity to pull this off. I'm am fascinated with this project.

this sounds like a competition project. I would love for Universal to go to the students of themed entertainment, hold a competition where the winner's ride gets built.

Last edited:
Seems quite risky to anchor an attraction with Fallon like this, especially internationally. Seems a little bit of a waste too, given a more general "30 Rock Tour" could include Saturday Night Live which would given endless opportunities for funny skits, plus a look back at the history of NBC. Heck, even get Jack McBrayer in to host it as Kenneth.

Maybe they could have a section where Jimmy and Seth Myers fight to determine who has the most forced delivery.

The synergy is real. The Comcast tech vans around here ride around with WWOHP and Transformers ads on their windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.