Project 727 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Project 727

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely.

Never heard of the person. How will this IP appeal to the wider demo USO aspires to?

The only bright side is the old NY facades back in that section of the park are supposedly being upgraded, along with a real façade coming to the Twister building.

Plus this is a "smaller" project like an appetizer on the way to Nintendo and Fast and Furious.

But yea, baffling concept all around for the most part.

I don't like this Fallon idea at all. To me, it sounds like a whatever attraction going in, with Universal putting this in just to replace Twister. I'm no Twister die-hard, but I feel like something better can be put in. I read something the other day where an old Disney Imagineer said that the key for building attractions is to make it fun for the whole family. There would be plenty of people getting off of this ride with the "meh" expression on their face because they don't know who Jimmy Fallon is. Most importantly, how long will this attraction even last? This screams American Idol to me over at DHS, even though it is a completely different ride concept.

The only bright side is the old NY facades back in that section of the park are supposedly being upgraded, along with a real façade coming to the Twister building.

Plus this is a "smaller" project like an appetizer on the way to Nintendo and Fast and Furious.

But yea, baffling concept all around for the most part.
I like that the NY facades will be upgraded. I feel like, more than anything, this is almost like a sponsorship. As many are saying, Fallon is mainly known only to US visitors. So having a Fallon ride will expose him to people of different cultures and people from all around the world. NBC likely is looking to spread his appeal to be a little more worldwide than it currently sits.

Last edited:
I like that the NY concepts will be upgraded. I feel like, more than anything, this is almost like a sponsorship. As many are saying, Fallon is mainly known only to US visitors. So having a Fallon ride will expose him to people of different cultures and people from all around the world. NBC likely is looking to spread his appeal to be a little more worldwide than it currently sits.

Yea, it's a total synergy move, for sure.

The whole Soarin over NY with Fallon idea is stupid to me. I'd rather they just set it up to be like being in the audience for a taping of The Tonight Show with jokes, etc. Just a simple comedy show would suffice for this.

Yea, it's a total synergy move, for sure.
I'm 100% expecting him to come down for the opening, so that will at least be cool. Maybe he'll do another week of shows.

- - - Updated - - -

The whole Soarin over NY with Fallon idea is stupid to me. I'd rather they just set it up to be like being in the audience for a taping of The Tonight Show with jokes, etc. Just a simple comedy show would suffice for this.
Yeah, but if you do that, you either have to tape Fallon (which will get old fast) or hire equity actors, and then it's still hit or miss. It reminds me of the American Idol Experience from what you're describing and we saw how that turned out...

I think Jimmy Fallon and The Tonight Show might be more popular worldwide than some here are giving them credit for.

Not saying Jimmy Fallon is a household name overseas but anyone with an internet connection has access to his work on The Tonight Show. His skits are all over youtube.

https://m.youtube.com/user/latenight

My guess is that "The Tonight Show" and/or Jimmy Fallon are more well-known to the average 2015 non-American Orlando tourist than "Twister" (which premiered in 1996) and/or Bill Paxton are.

I could be wrong.

Stop calling it rumored! Am I blocked by everyone all of a sudden? Hello?
If Teebin says it is, it's for real. It's like the US dollar, In Teebin you can trust..........This was a paid propaganda announcement. Thanks for the case of Crown Royal Teebs......LOL

I think Jimmy Fallon and The Tonight Show might be more popular worldwide than some here are giving them credit for.

Not saying Jimmy Fallon is a household name overseas but anyone with an internet connection has access to his work on The Tonight Show. His skits are all over youtube.

My guess is that "The Tonight Show" and/or Jimmy Fallon are more well-known to the average 2015 non-American Orlando tourist than "Twister" (which premiered in 1996) and/or Bill Paxton are.

I could be wrong.
The Twister IP isn't the appeal though. It's experiencing a simulated Tornado, which is very cool to watch and also UNIQUE. Here guests may come off saying "It was sort of like that ride at Epcot"

I don't understand the hate on this. Comcast and NBCUniversal have given us some amazing experiences over these past years, and this minimal amount of synergy isn't going to hurt a thing. The least anyone should feel towards this is apathy.

I could be wrong.

Yeah it's on YouTube, but I've only ever seen Americans posting his videos on social media, which is how these would be shared.

His presentation on the Studio Tour is god awful!!

If Twister was even moderately popular I'd agree with you. As it stands, no one really cares about that either.
I'm sure the ride will be fine. Uni hasn't disappointed yet since Comcast's takeover.

While as I said I do like the idea of a 30 Rock treatment the facades are supposed to get, is just putting something in because it's more popular NOW a good reason for an attraction? Basing an attraction off of a real-life person is just an odd choice to me.

Although Martin Short's Making of Me video was well worth the time. :lol:

Last edited:
While as I said I do like the idea of a 30 Rock treatment the facades are supposed to get, is just putting something in because it's more popular NOW a good reason for an attraction?

Realistically, the concept will be easily update-able. And I think it probably is worth Universal leeching off Fallon's popularity while they can. If they get 3-4 years of strong merch sales off of his dumb viral videos, it'll probably pay for itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.