Production Central | Inside Universal Forums

Production Central

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Time to make a topic for this one.

Does anyone know if Production Central has closed? It's still listed on USH's website, but the front of the store is currently covered by scaffolding/tarps, and as many have already noticed, the area in front of it has been walled off entirely.

As I posted in the WWoHP thread, it looks like they're doing something Potter related. I don't want to make any definite statements, but I don't see why else they'd plant a few firs right near the Hogsmeade arch.

I think it's just temporarily closed while Potter's entrance is worked on. It'd be too awkward and inconvenient to keep it open I think.
But why are the front doors and signage surrounded by scaffolding? I would imagine that if they planned on keeping the store, they'd still let guests have access to it by maneuvering through narrowly placed construction walls.

I hope not. Where else will I get my Marvel merch in a super ironic location?!

Where else will I look at The Walking Dead merch for extended periods of time wondering if I should pay for overpriced memorabilia?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BernardMesa
*sigh* They're just fixing the store facade so it doesn't look like garbage when Hogsmeade opens.

It's definitely open again!

HP15.jpg

The nice thing about having a small park is that everything except the obvious themed areas (Potter, Simpsons, Minions) can be themed to Art Deco/Studio style and it works.

Reactions: William
The new pavement in that area is also fantastic. The same design can be found under the new Lower Lot arch in front of the StarWay. It makes the area feel much more expansive, that's for sure.

I honestly hope they just replace the animal actors show completely with another family friendly show down the line. It's not as entertaining as it used to be, and I feel that they could use the space for something else, especially since it's an eyesore. But for now, I think it'll stay. Crowds still fill the space and it's relatively cheap to run.

I'd rather they focus on replacing other things in the park first. But I agree that they should at least improve that exterior.

Continuing the saga of the missing tree (now in this forum [there are so many]), it's still missing and there is now work happening outside the planter.  It's probably some infrastructure issue that's not interesting to most people but I like mysteries.  Is it something new or something they should have done when the whole area was closed and remodeled?

ProductionCentralPlaza_041015_2.jpg
ProductionCentralPlaza_041015_3.jpg

Also, all these new spotlights are installed and operating.  Some of them are not aimed well, however, and I was nearly blinded leaving the Shrek queue when I looked toward Production Central.  I hope that gets resolved because the resulting light and shadow effects are very nice.  I just don't want to see the source. 

ProductionCentralPlaza_041015_1.jpg