Parking Structures | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Parking Structures

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Now that ET Parking Structure has begun construction, I think its a great time to make a contest!!!

On what date do you believe the structure will be open for the public crowds?

Closest date wins!!!

No entries after March 31, 2014.

What do you win???  TBD

I'm more thinking by memorial day or early june. it make sense due to they would want to be ready for crowds possibly for DM and still Transformers.

I would guess July 4th as well... a wekkend... or Nov. 27... I have no idea how rushed they are going to build that thing... but I guess those two dates...

Unless they're building a drive through ET Adventure, I don't care :p
For an extra five bucks on your parking tab, E.T. will say your name as you exit the garage.  :lol:

But seriously though, summer 2015 is the ideal date for the garage to be open. I assume that will be a happy summer for employees who will be free of relocation troubles for at least a year. And then the boy wizard will arrive...

EDIT: Oh, a date? Okay... umm

May 2nd, 2015

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Allen The Actor
I like that people think it'll be still called E.T. Parking.

Early plans called this the "Minion Garage", so I'm expecting a Despicable Me theme. Could be changed to Potter, but I doubt it.

Reactions: Aaron
No idea what forum to put this in but it might interest someone so thought I should share.  Lots of trees and foliage were removed from W.C. Fields Drive.  Looks to me like they might widen the road adding a new right lane.  Anyone have info?

Park%20Details_062115_4.jpg
Park%20Details_062115_3.jpg

Also, looks like progress making new 101 South on ramp.  Don't know where the entry for ramp will be, though.  Anyone?

101South_062115_1.jpg
101South_062115_2.jpg
101South_062115_3.jpg

Reactions: William
New parking structure getting ready for people.  Here are the escalators.  Note the reinforced 'Y' support at bottom for the pedestrian bridge.  Apparently it will follow a path of 'Y' supports to connect with neighboring parking structure at level three connecting straight into CityFood.  Or will some foot traffic be diverted to ground level?  CityFood seems like too much of a bottleneck to handle such a large flow of people.  CityWalk already gets crowded.  How to you think all those people parked in the new structure will get to/from park entrance?

Parking%20Structure_081715_1.jpg
Parking%20Structure_081715_2.jpg

Do you think there will be a theming on this side or will it just be sealed off to minimize noise for the neighbors?

Parking%20Structure_081715_3.jpg

Reactions: William
Also, is that patchy paint job on the back side of it theming (for Supercharged) or have they not finished painting it?