Parking Structures | Inside Universal Forums

Parking Structures

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jun 23, 2009
Southern California
With current construction on the Jurassic Parking structure and other parking lots, post your updates here:

-600 new parking spaces will be added to the already existing Jurassic Parking structure.

-An all new structure will be built on the current ET parking lot said to be 12 stories tall and hold 20,000 cars.  This lot will continue to connect to the Curious George parking lot to access Citywalk.

Much speculation is coming about this new large parking structure because the evolution plan may be building a new amphitheater behind Citywalk in the coming years.  Not to mention 2 new hotels.

That's a long walk...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BehindTheTheme
They've got to start adding more parking capacity since DM, Springfield, and especially Potter is arriving soon.

Now that I think about it we have only have 2.5ish years until Potter arrives. Time sure moves fast.

The new parking structure not only will accommodate Potter and the new live theatre complex, but might let Frankenstein become a perma-garage for employees.

I have been hearing rumors of employee parking relocation having a drastic change once NBC moves in.  The parking structure in the front lot will be primarily used for the studio and will no longer house the employees of the park.  I have heard rumor of employee relocation being at WARNER BROS!!!  Ouch!

We can obviously see why parking lots are becoming an issue and why they need to be built.

For those who don't know, employee parking is constantly shifting due to attendance. In off-peak, employees are encouraged to park in Jurassic Parking. This is everybody's favorite, as it's the quickest route to Walter's Gate (the employee entrance between Karl Strauss and Abercrombie and Fitch on CityWalk). During peak weekdays, it's commonly Frankenstein Parking, which as you all know is underneath the former T2/now DM area. Otherwise there would be "relocation", often in the busiest of periods. This would be on the front lot in two parking garges, Carl Laemmle (which was also an office building containing various lot and production offices, and even houses some writing offices for various NBC shows) or Abbott and Costello. Laemmle is rather gigantic, but is limited as many spaces on the first two floors are reserved for CSI production. A&C is smaller, and rarely used. In my two-ish year tenure, I parked there only once, but it gave me one of my favorite stories, in which I had to walk thru a CSI catering tent from the garage and that led me to meeting Ted Danson. Now that is an interesting way to start off a shift!

Access to the park would be via shuttle. If you're on the tram tour on a weekend, and you pass by a white shuttle with tinted windows then that would be a bunch of herded employees. 

Two summers ago, if the front lot Carl Laemmle or Abbott and Costello garages weren't available (always during the weekends), they'd make us park at NBCU. Obviously with the move-in, that's not available anymore. This past summer attendance was far lower than the previous, so we were fine just using the two front lot locations. If what Chris says is true, and those are locked out even on the weekends... then yes new parking suddenly is becoming imperative. I mean... Warner Bros., yikes! That's literally parking a whole other city away!

Reactions: BruceTheShark
Yeah the one time I parked in A&C was during HHN. And Bruce, relocation is really cool at first but it gets very tiresome very fast haha.

Reactions: Chris
I managed to catch a glimpse of the new parking structure and it seems like it'll be following the same Jurassic Park theme as the existing lot right next to it.

New structure or JP addition?
Jurassic Park addition. I guess it's a pretty obvious move, but I thought I overhead some previous discussions over a possible retheme involving Despicable Me.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Yes, it seems that Jurassic Parking is getting an expansion instead of a new theme.  It seems they are just trying to find every little spot they can find for parking these days!  Welcome to Hollywood!

That is because they are only using JP and CG parking lots.  Trying to offset the need for VIP and Front Gate parking prices.  Frankenstein is hardly used.