Parking Structures | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Parking Structures

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
New signs have been installed showing guests where parking, valet, and drop off are.

23636285144_882790fbad_k.jpg
24264509055_f89a5f7ba3_k.jpg

Reactions: William
YAY ET reopened at USH!!!! (so tempted to post that on FB just to see what kind of comments I get)..

I'm kind of amused that they actually had balloon clusters & an arch for the grand opening today. Too bad they didn't have an Elliot & ET meet-n-greet set up for this week/weekend haha.

Now that the garage is done, hopefully they can get the hill road construction done quicker. Anyone wonder if they will ever build a KONG garage in the KONG lot on the Hilton side of the road? At least I think it is KONG..

Reactions: 12th Man
How many total parking spots does USH have now for park guests? Does 13K sound about right?

Woody Woodpecker Lot (preferred parking)

ET Garage [5,000 spots] (general parking)

Jurassic Garage (general parking)

Frankenstein Garage (general parking)

Curious George Garage (general parking)

(Universal Orlando = 20K between two garages)

Last edited by a moderator:
The funny thing is; the lot isn't actually finished! ...At least when I was there on Tuesday. They still had more painting to do. In fact they were only parking cars on the first level most of the day. Second level only opened for CityWalk guests once the park was closed.

On today's visit all traffic arriving up Universal Studios Boulevard was being directed into new ET structure where on the ground level there are eight (or was it ten?) ticket booths, each with one lane of traffic on each side.  Only two lanes were open when I arrived which seemed appropriate for the crowd level.  Once beyond the booths all traffic was directed to proceed through the structure to Jurassic Parking. 

I walked over to the structure and entered through the blue passageway.  Looks really cool at night and quite a few people were taking pictures inside.  Inside the new structure I climbed the stairs to the top level.  Wow, it feels really high.  It did appear some areas still needed paint and the escalators were not running.  I didn't notice cars parked on any level so maybe only the ticket booth level is being used at this point. 

I did notice more very tall trees planted against the Curious George structure around the corner from Buca di Beppo.  I'm very impressed such large trees are being installed.  The trees and getting them planted must be very expensive and speaks to Universal's commitment to achieving a higher standard of landscape design. 

ParkingStructure_012316_1.jpg
ParkingStructure_012316_2.jpg
ParkingStructure_012316_3.jpg
ParkingStructure_012316_4.jpg
ParkingStructure_012316_5.jpg

How many total parking spots does USH have now for park guests? Does 13K sound about right?

(Universal Orlando = 20K between two garages)
Upon further review I think this number is 14K now with ET online. From what I could find online, it was nearly 10K before the ET lot was transformed, so now 14K with 4K net new spaces for entertainment guests (including CityWalk). With US Orlando having 20K total spots in their garages, I get the sense that IOA, USF and USH have similar park capacities (35-40K each), with a higher percentage of US Orlando traffic parked at US resorts, but I'd welcome feedback to the contrary. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think anyone has posted about this yet, but I was up at Citywalk briefly yesterday (unfortunately without the camera), but I noticed they have the ET Parking Garage already listed on the Citywalk directional signs inside Citywalk, as well as on the giant map of Citywalk next to Sketchers.

Wasn't sure if that was already mentioned or not, but figured I'd pass it along.

Reactions: Stylowtrix
Was directed to park in ET today rather than just pass through to Curious George.  In fact, Curious George seemed to be taking a rest today.  Below was taken at 1:39PM

ParkingStructure_021316_1.jpg

Upon exiting tonight I noticed new planter medians getting installed in the road going down to Lankershim. 

Sorry, no pic.

Reactions: BernardMesa
The booths and curbs have been removed from the old entry area.  Anyone know what they're going to do with this area?  Parking lot in general, or maybe for tour buses?  There will certainly be more buses once WWoHP is open and the new ET structure doesn't seem to address that at all. 

ParkingStructure_021516_1.jpg

There are new posts installed amongst these new palm trees, probably for a new sign.  Also, lot's of work going on today even though it's Presidents Day.

ParkingStructure_021516_2.jpg
ParkingStructure_021516_3.jpg