One Direction Coming to Universal - Nov 17 | Inside Universal Forums

One Direction Coming to Universal - Nov 17

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I cant say that im a fan but I do like that they are pulling in a band of there size as well as putting it out there on national tv, great exposure for the parks.

Wow, this is actually great news! Well, not the One Direction part, but everything else :pound:

Just saying it shows that UOR is really part of the family. The synergy appears to be working, and as long as it does they'll keep it up.

Are the song additions to HRRR permanent or a limited time only? Either way I hope they add more songs aside from OD in the future.

Not a huge fan of One Direction but this is definitely a great thing. Would love to see more big names having shows and bring Uni more exposure. I really feel like this is something Disney would have done 5 years ago.

This was promoted on the Today show this morning. They gave away 3 tickets each to two tween girls and are flying them down and putting their families up at the Cabana for the concert.

I thought this was a joke but I looked it up on the blog and it's legit. :lol: That's pretty insane.

They're selling out stadiums. How the hell are they going to fit a FREE show in CityWalk?

Man remind me not to go on that day, crowds like these might just break the resort lol. But nonetheless what a fantastic thing to happen, props to universal for being so ambitious enough to host something like this. Hopefully this paves the way for other big name acts to come too

This is REALLY smart on NBC Universal's part. They are selling packages for the hotels and all kinds of things to tie in, and announcing it so far in advance means it should be a huge event all around. It's ten days before Thanksgiving which would normally be dead anyway, and now they'll have a huge spotlight on the park and promote it for the holidays.

I'm just so happy to see NBC/Universal really learning to leverage the parks for cross promotions as well as (or in some cases better than) Disney does.

This is REALLY smart on NBC Universal's part. They are selling packages for the hotels and all kinds of things to tie in, and announcing it so far in advance means it should be a huge event all around. It's ten days before Thanksgiving which would normally be dead anyway, and now they'll have a huge spotlight on the park and promote it for the holidays.

I'm just so happy to see NBC/Universal really learning to leverage the parks for cross promotions as well as (or in some cases better than) Disney does.
Yep..it is brilliant...it is just going to be a mad house..

And 1D gets to promote their album

Dare I say the turnout for this could be worse than Hogsmeade grand opening?

Yeah, it's definitely possible. Also, that's the album release date. So all eyes are going to be on them that day at Universal Orlando. That's pretty badass.

Brilliant move, Universal! INSANE, but brilliant! As Mr. T would say, "I pity the foo who attends on that day!" (Please be aware that Mr. T doesn't pronounce his "l" in "fool." Lol!)

Reactions: natespf
Yeah, it's definitely possible. Also, that's the album release date. So all eyes are going to be on them that day at Universal Orlando. That's pretty badass.

If word got out that's where they will premiere a new single I think people would fly out from all over the world to come...now THATS a way to increase attendance