Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 341 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There's no real way to make a ride out of a Pokémon battle. If Universal wants Pokémon battles the way to do it is letting guests compete in a tournament.

What if guests are on a "VIP tour" of the battle arena/stadium and the trainers at a certain point are in need of the riders to help them? Cause like Mewtwo attacks the stadium or something IDK.

I think it can work, you just would have to give a lot of wiggle room to how battles actually work in the games verses how they work on the ride.

Of course, a big show of some kind would fit the ideas of the franchise better, no questions about that. But even in a show there needs to be something the audience has influence over. Maybe deciding which Pokemon get chosen? Which moves are used?

Ok, realistically, I wonder if Super Nintendo World would be still open at Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Florida. As you know, several attractions or themed areas would close during HHN is largely based on how many people will go on them. Would many people still go on Super Nintendo World during HHN like they did with Diagon Alley? Would Nintendo executives approve this? I'm not sure a family-based themed area would fit well with the HHN unlike the Simpsons, MiB, Transformers, and Revenge of the Mummy.

I think that is the key element to a successful one, actually.

As a disclaimer- Ive never played pokemon, nor do I know much about them. With that said- that will be the majority of the people riding the Pokemon ride.

With my general knowledge- I could see us meeting someone- a leader or whatever the Pokemon term would be- who is telling us that we are about to enter a tournament (or likeness) and that we need to get our pokemon. We go "catch" one- then that is who is used to fight in the battle. We win. Yay.

That is an easy sell to the audience as well and a very easy to follow linear storyline without getting to0 detailed. Sure, there will be elements and easter eggs that only the fans will notice- but the ignorant people like myself will still enjoy it also.
Just going on a safari and seeing a bunch of "rare" pokemon (that most dont know are rare)- firebreathing or otherwise- seems like a snoozefest for the ignorant amongst us.
The games consist of turn based battles like a typical old school RPG. There's no way to make that a compelling ride.
What if guests are on a "VIP tour" of the battle arena/stadium and the trainers at a certain point are in need of the riders to help them? Cause like Mewtwo attacks the stadium or something IDK.

I think it can work, you just would have to give a lot of wiggle room to how battles actually work in the games verses how they work on the ride.

Of course, a big show of some kind would fit the ideas of the franchise better, no questions about that. But even in a show there needs to be something the audience has influence over. Maybe deciding which Pokemon get chosen? Which moves are used?
Then you're defeating the point of the source material.

Safari Zone E Ticket and a Pokémon Stadium guest participation tournament with musion, projections, in theater effects, and screenz out the wazoo to bring Pokémon battles to life like never before. Plenty of room for spectators as well.

Cut, print, cash the billion dollar checks of people all around the world.

Reactions: Mad Dog and E.Gadd
Then you're defeating the point of the source material.

Safari Zone E Ticket and a Pokémon Stadium guest participation tournament with musion, projections, in theater effects, and screenz out the wazoo to bring Pokémon battles to life like never before. Plenty of room for spectators as well.

Cut, print, cash the billion dollar checks of people all around the world.

I agree with your points, but that last one especially is really great when combined with you sig. :clap:

Reactions: Mike S
I think that is the key element to a successful one, actually.

As a disclaimer- Ive never played pokemon, nor do I know much about them. With that said- that will be the majority of the people riding the Pokemon ride.

With my general knowledge- I could see us meeting someone- a leader or whatever the Pokemon term would be- who is telling us that we are about to enter a tournament (or likeness) and that we need to get our pokemon. We go "catch" one- then that is who is used to fight in the battle. We win. Yay.

That is an easy sell to the audience as well and a very easy to follow linear storyline without getting to0 detailed. Sure, there will be elements and easter eggs that only the fans will notice- but the ignorant people like myself will still enjoy it also.
Just going on a safari and seeing a bunch of "rare" pokemon (that most dont know are rare)- firebreathing or otherwise- seems like a snoozefest for the ignorant amongst us.
Logistically how are guests going to catch and battle pokemon without it being some screen based game? Because its not like we dont have enough of that already. Not to mention that most people don't know how pokemon work. The fighting system with the advantages and disadvantages based on "types" would be a lot for people to learn.

Choose your starter... jeez that's such a great idea and something that would update so easily over time as new games came out. Imagine the people that have to have all the starter types? Or one for each kid... My word.

pokemoney.gif

Reactions: Frogki and Mike S
Add my ideas to yours and then throw in a "choose your starter" Ollivander's type experience and it definitely will print money.
Yesssss. A prof Oak shop where they randomly choose someone to pick their starter. With an AA squirtel, Charmander, bulbasaur, and Pikachu.

Reactions: Mike S
Yesssss. A prof Oak shop where they randomly choose someone to pick their starter. With an AA squirtel, Charmander, bulbasaur, and Pikachu.

And then for $60 you can take home a replica of the one you chose?

Also: Team Rocket themed suspended darkride, where you ride around in their Meowth balloon and try to steal pokemon from Ash.. and fail, and eventually "Blast off again" to be unceremoniously dumped off the ride.

Logistically how are guests going to catch and battle pokemon without it being some screen based game? Because its not like we dont have enough of that already. Not to mention that most people don't know how pokemon work. The fighting system with the advantages and disadvantages based on "types" would be a lot for people to learn.

Yes... screens. We're not talking about USF, we're talking about the 3rd park- we aren't expecting every attraction at the new park to be physical, right? So this could be one of the screen based ones with some AAs sprinkled in.

Pokémon is not that difficult to learn. Its really rather intuitive. However back to the battling and catching, I always expected it to be physical poke balls with RFID sensors and you throw the poke ball at physical Balloon AA Pokémon and projection mapped pokemon, RFID sensor on ball triggers AA/projection, Balloon AA deflates fast as the catching sequence plays Pokémon reacts to it by appearing to be caught and randomness percentage for Pokémon being captured or not. Pokémon captured, Pokeball glows, you put it against your badge and your pokemon transfers onto your trainer card.

Secondly, there are over 25 starter Pokémon, having it be just the main three from Kanto is a disservice to people who didn't start with Red and Blue.

Pokemon is a world beyond just turn based battles. Riding Pokemon was something offered in the new Sun/Moon games. I bet they could do something with that.