Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 312 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For what its worth, I saw no signs of interactivity for Yoshi in the magical presentation provided to me...

All very good questions. I can only assume that UC along with the AR vendor have banged this around and around for a workable solution.

If not glasses, I could see over-the-shoulder restraints that have a clear shield built into them.
So, has anyone heard anything concrete about a windshield display HUD? Or have all rumors turned to glasses?

I think with this latest patent I'm on the glasses train now.

(At least it's not 3D glasses again)

I cant imagine how they could deploy AR glasses on a ride having them sync with the ride vehicle and other interactive elements. I had always envisioned some HUD elements on the ride vehicle as the most viable solution...if not, this is a monumental technology leap in a theme park ride.

I have to disagree as USF needs a ride like that really bad. The Omnimover is also one of the most ingenious ride systems ever created if you are looking to build a high capacity, family oriented ride.

Not everything can be an E++ Ticket. Besides, MK and DK will provide plenty of fun else where in the land.

Where did I say it had to be an E++ ticket. The omniover is great. It's also severely limiting in how it moves through a space. I'd rather see a Mystic Manor than a Little Mermaid.

Where did I say it had to be an E++ ticket. The omniover is great. It's also severely limiting in how it moves through a space. I'd rather see a Mystic Manor than a Little Mermaid.
I'm just saying, there's a budget for the land. It's a lot cheaper to use an Omnimover than it is to build a trackless dark ride. Personally, I think USF needs a slow ride where you can just calm down from all of the fast-pace rides so I have no problem with an Omni. Also Little Mermaid is one of the worst Omnimovers that there is, I doubt Yoshi would be at that quality.

I hate the idea of glasses. If you're going to the trouble of making somebody wear glasses for augmented reality, why not just stick them in a simulator and make them wear VR glasses instead. From experience, I've found augmented reality to be slow and clunky in the real world.

That's not even including the whole cleaning of the glasses between guests and the massive dip in capacity. Look at Kraken just now, different tech but same procedure.

I think the glasses cleaning would be done in batches like 3D glasses are, not while you wait in the ride vehicle like Kraken. AR is different than VR.

And I'm keeping in mind that we were promised real sets, so even with an AR overlay for special items and battle items I'm hoping we still get a real, physical experience to see as well.

I think the glasses cleaning would be done in batches like 3D glasses are, not while you wait in the ride vehicle like Kraken. AR is different than VR.

And I'm keeping in mind that we were promised real sets, so even with an AR overlay for special items and battle items I'm hoping we still get a real, physical experience to see as well.
I'm picturing 3-D like glasses, except without screens...or rather, the screen are the lenses in front of your eyes