Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 311 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Any ideas why Orlando specifically needs a Art Director? I would assume that a lot of the creative overhead would be shared amongst the three parks.

Each SNW will get one due to the fact part of the job is overseeing the implementation of the design aspects. They could hire one but that guy would have to fly to japan then back to Florida when construction overlaps.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
I expect much of the Yoshi area will be oriented to appeal to the youngest age range of the Nintendo area.

A ride could have something to do with throwing eggs at things as seen in various games.

I would actually see Yoshi being more similar to Buzz Lightyear as opposed to Toy Story, and that both share omnimover ride systems.

I expect much of the Yoshi area will be oriented to appeal to the youngest age range of the stuff at the Nintendo area.

A ride could have something to do with throwing eggs at things as seen in various games.

I would actually see Yoshi being more similar to Buzz Lightyear as opposed to Toy Story, and that both share omnimover ride systems.
But, do we really think the new land would have two interactive rides?

But, do we really think the new land would have two interactive rides?

So what, is Donkey Kong not coming then?

Nintendo has set on interactive experiences in many of their vast games. And that it wouldn't have to be Mario Kart.

The park has lacked attractions that are highly rerideable, outside of Men in Black. Nintendo will bring that in full force, and that I am more up for it.

Although, who's to say that Yoshi WILL be interactive? Personally, I don't see it.

Yoshi sounds more like a very traditional dark ride to me. Something anyone can ride. There should be at least one attraction anyone can ride in a Nintendo land.

Is that mixed reality room stuff what the Zelda attraction would use? I still don't quite understand the theater Zelda thing.

I'm assuming only Mario Kart will have interactive elements. That's what I meant.

I can see how a land based on Nintendo could lend itself well to more interactive experiences, but other than the main ride and any non-ride interactions (similar to Potter wands) I'm thinking the others will be more classic, passive style experiences.

Donkey Kong coaster will have the track jump gimmick. A Yoshi ride may just be a kiddie ride through a couple themed indoor scenes and some bits outside the show building (to add a dynamic feeling to the area.)

My guess is all the interaction tech and effort is being applied to the Kart ride utilizing new AR technology.

Reactions: Mike S and E.Gadd
I would not be surprised if Yoshi is interactive. We are talking about a video game land here. Could be a Ride and Go Seek type setup like Tokyo's Monsters INC ride, but it wouldn't surprise me
Hmmm... how about Baby Mario and Luigi get kidnapped so you have to ride Yoshi around Yoshi's Island to help him find Baby Mario? Each set can have some sort of interactive area where Baby Mario or Luigi are hidden by Kamek, and riders have to find it. Just spitballing here,

Glasses may be a decoy also unless the rumors have changed from a HUD.
A lot of news outlets have been saying glasses. I think if it is glasses, I wonder where the battery goes. Will these need constant recharging? I mean the patent says they gots computers in em.

I actually hate the idea of using an omnimover (it's 2017, let's build something new/exciting), but it's a relatively inexpensive ride system and could help ensure we get the ride
I have to disagree as USF needs a ride like that really bad. The Omnimover is also one of the most ingenious ride systems ever created if you are looking to build a high capacity, family oriented ride.

Not everything can be an E++ Ticket. Besides, MK and DK will provide plenty of fun else where in the land.

For what its worth, I saw no signs of interactivity for Yoshi in the magical presentation provided to me...

A lot of news outlets have been saying glasses. I think if it is glasses, I wonder where the battery goes. Will these need constant recharging? I mean the patent says they gots computers in em.

All very good questions. I can only assume that UC along with the AR vendor have banged this around and around for a workable solution.

If not glasses, I could see over-the-shoulder restraints that have a clear shield built into them.

Last edited: