Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 295 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How would they know when to drift?

One or more of the people who are rear facing might cause the rear of the car to drift one way or another to avoid projectiles that are coming towards the car possibly from another car that they can see. I can imagine that at least on areas of the track that are curves, this might allow the projectile to go past the car. I'm not sure how this might interact with whatever people in the front of the car are doing.

(EDIT: The projectiles could maybe projected onto the track/ground with light projectors if the track is dark enough. It might be hard however. Maybe they would have to have projectors moving along above the car that are moving at the same speed as the car that it's above. Or maybe they be underneath the track and project on to it. I guess the track would have to be sheer though and the car wouldn't actually actually touch the track. It might make sense for them to not touch the track if they are like the recent games where the cars can hover sometimes.)

Please no VR or augmented reality... I'm really excited about this land but I do not want to wear sweaty goggles

Rabbids VR Ride | Raving Rabbids Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia

​Ubisoft to open Montreal entertainment centre with Rabbids video game theme - Montreal - CBC News

Last edited:
Turns out Japan had one a while back called SonicTown

Seriously, I'll bet money that somebody will build a Sega or Sony land if (when!) Nintendo hits big. Sonic or Spyro land would be awesome

I'm not sure how one would pull it off, but whoever does pull the trigger on Minecraft Land is gonna be Scrooge McDucking that money pool til the end of time.

Reactions: Goldblum
It looks like so much stuff that needs to coordinate with each other and also a massive potential for things breaking. I might wait a year after this thing opens for it to finally work like it should. This is gonna be a challenge to make work in unison- at least on paper.
That all said- Hell yes. Finally, a break from screenz/simulators- and in maybe the craziest way ever!

Yeah, this thing is going to need months and months and months of testing. I could see the phased closings of KidZone being over a year apart. Close the back half, build MK, start testing, then close the front half and build the land. And hope someone doesn't announce an opening date until they have it working. The ride system is very ambitious. If they can make it all work though, it's a game changer. The re-reideability of it would be unprecedented. Lines for days.

Yeah, this thing is going to need months and months and months of testing. I could see the phased closings of KidZone being over a year apart. Close the back half, build MK, start testing, then close the front half and build the land. And hope someone doesn't announce an opening date until they have it working. The ride system is very ambitious. If they can make it all work though, it's a game changer. The re-reideability of it would be unprecedented. Lines for days.
Japan will be the guinea pig and they'll work out the kinks before it comes here.

The layout of part of New Donk City from the Odyssey game lines up to be kind of similar to the New York City area at Universal Studios Orlando. Going by this picture (https://i.redd.it/jx8t7jo1hq9y.jpg) assuming it has the street names correct, if you think of Delancey Street as corresponding with Expresso Street, 7th Avenue as corresponding with Cranky Avenue, and 57th Avenue as corresponding with Dixie Street some of the things kind of lines up.

If they rethemed the area to be New Donk City, the Transformers building and street by it would have to be changed or have facades put around it and posibly build further into the water nearby to create the triangle shaped building on the lower left.

Something crazy they could do for a 2nd phase for Nintendo would be to put a roof over the current New York City area and maybe make it completely indoors or just with a roof over it. This would make it seem more like the Odyssey game. Maybe they could put lightweight facades on the roof for the New Donk City area with no heavy attractions. They could just put stores, VR goggle attractions, and maybe restraunts or food vendors. They'd still have to worry about sightlines I guess.

The layout of part of New Donk City from the Odyssey game lines up to be kind of similar to the New York City area at Universal Studios Orlando...
If they rethemed the area to be New Donk City...

tumblr_static_c0n0qr2jyjccksw48c0wgswso.gif

I'm excited about Odyssey too but let's not get too carried away here. They aren't converting all of Universal Studios to be Super Mario themed.

I could see a "Crazy Cap" shop from that game pop up in the actual Super Nintendo World area for buying all the different Mario hats from the series... but that's about it.