Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 297 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not excited about augmented reality unless it's the clear glasses you can see through that just add graphics onto the real physical sets.

The real-world sets for MK are extensive. Believe me, they want you to see it all... and only the game pieces will appear within and among the real sets blowing up, spinning or being shot at you, the rider.

My point about the patent being that patents are supposed to be unique, no?

This one doesn't give details of a drive system or anything, and so having peripherals to interact with the scenery (and no details of how the system for those works - IR, laser guided, nerf darts - who knows?) in a 4 person vehicle which seats people back to back.. is Toy Story Mania.

It'd be like putting up a patent for "People riding in a clamshell" while ignoring both Under the Sea and The Seas with Nemo and Friends. Even those two are different, but not at the "riding in a clamshell" level. Their drive systems and vehicle movement abilities are what make them unique.

So i really wonder the purpose of this patent.

Heck, take out the 4 person back to back setup and it's now the same as every interactive ride ever built going back to Buzz Lightyear. "You use the thing to do the stuff, some of which might include metal or plastic or other control devices" does not a patent make.

So that's where i'm lost on all of that.

I assure you i know my Mario Kart though and can see where they might be going with this. So.. how about instead of arguing goggles or glasses or "augmented reality" we perhaps discuss the most likely candidate?

HUD. Heads-up-display. It' very likely you're going to have a HUD.

Reactions: Joel and Jon84
The real-world sets for MK are extensive. Believe me, they want you to see it all... and only the game pieces will appear within and among the real sets blowing up, spinning or being shot at you, the rider.
:thumbsup:...There we go. We're lucky to have Teebin, on this forum, to correct the misconceptions & misdirections as they pop up....Gentlemen, start your engines, we have sets and lots of them!!!:)...This is not going to be a run of the mill E ticket. Teebin knows. Don't doubt him. :thumbsup::)

Reactions: Joel and E.Gadd
:thumbsup:...There we go. We're lucky to have Teebin, on this forum, to correct the misconceptions & misdirections as they pop up....Gentlemen, start your engines, we have sets and lots of them!!!:)...This is not going to be a run of the mill E ticket. Teebin knows. Don't doubt him. :thumbsup::)

*flips through paperwork, glasses firmly on end of nose*

Remind me, what was this.. Tee-ah-ban's.. stance on.. uh.. Volcano Bay? (kidding)

But back to Kart - suppose we'll actually be racing other guests? An if so, how many people per vehicle for realsies and how do they deal with those who have no driving or Kart skills versus those of us who know to slam on the brakes when a blue shell is launched?

But back to Kart - suppose we'll actually be racing other guests? An if so, how many people per vehicle for realsies and how do they deal with those who have no driving or Kart skills versus those of us who know to slam on the brakes when a blue shell is launched?
I think the rumor is that we're racing a kart or karts that have animatronic Nintendo characters on them.

Reactions: E.Gadd
Since we have mentioned AA's racing against us and whether or not Zelda will appear in the parks either in this form or as an expansion, let me ask this:

Link is a playable character in the newest Mario Kart game. So I was wondering, if some lesser known characters don't show up to the park with their own attractions, what are the chances that we see a Link or somebody like that pop up either as an AA or some other form of Easter egg in the MK ride?

Since we have mentioned AA's racing against us and whether or not Zelda will appear in the parks either in this form or as an expansion, let me ask this:

Link is a playable character in the newest Mario Kart game. So I was wondering, if some lesser known characters don't show up to the park with their own attractions, what are the chances that we see a Link or somebody like that pop up either as an AA or some other form of Easter egg in the MK ride?

It would be good to remind people, that Link was DLC (along with Animal Crossing characters). And that Mercedes had a sponsorship for the original release of Mario Kart 8 before the Switch Port was release.

Zelda will not be in Mario Kart, unless if they start changing the name to be more of a overall Nintendo racing game.

It was real at one time, but has changed since

Is it still true that the MK ride building will have 3 levels (lower level for MK ride, mid level for Luigi Mansion interactive target area, and upper level for Bowser ride section)? If so, I like how they are maximizing the land by building vertically.

Holy hell is that a Five Nights at Freddy's character
Now thats an IP for an attraction I can get behind. I'm hoping we can expect some type of speed out of MK. Its starting to sound more and more like Toy Story Mania but fingers crossed. Personally I would prefer a ride thats not interactive. As some have mentioned maybe we're riding with animatronic characters and the outcome of the race would always be random. I'm just talking out of my butt but theres so much to speculate

Now thats an IP for an attraction I can get behind. I'm hoping we can expect some type of speed out of MK. Its starting to sound more and more like Toy Story Mania but fingers crossed. Personally I would prefer a ride thats not interactive. As some have mentioned maybe we're riding with animatronic characters and the outcome of the race would always be random. I'm just talking out of my butt but theres so much to speculate
Where are people getting Toy story Mania at all? It sounds nothing like that at all. One moves from screen to screen shooting things while MK will be a race through physical sets with interaction between racers and the environment. Nothing about that says TSM.

us20170166221a1-20170615-d00000-jpg.4704

This possible patent? Back to back shooting, interactive, idk. Pretty similar to me...

Reactions: Jon84